SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2001, 12:51 PM
lightning_8669

Thumbs up Service as it should be

I'm ruined. Absolutely ruined! After the service tech at one of the local Subaru dealerships couldn't remove one of the bolts holding the rear bearing housing in my wife's Forester I decided to take it to a shop near where I'm working that was recommended by Doug Mohr. I scheduled an appointment and informed them I'd need to wait for the rear bearing to be replaced. They said fine, that'd be about 2 hours. Their waiting room had a mint Porsche 911 Turbo in it and a *very* comfortable leather sofa. And not only did they not have that annoying "No Customers Allowed Beyond This Point" sign the tech actually invited me into the shop to watch and ask questions. The shop? Spotless! They even had a young kid cleaning. He was taking a pencil eraser and removing scuff marks from the walls. The shop also housed several vintage cars. An old Morris and, I think, an old Triumph. The guy finished the replacement in about 1 1/2 hours. He handed the old parts (that he put in a box) to the service writer who's assistant immediately grabbed and said "I'll put that in your vehicle for you sir". I said thanks and paid my bill which was just under half of what the dealership quoted. I went out and got in the car and on the console there was a package of cookies with a ribbon around it holding on a thank you note.

Helloooooo Subaru? Are you listening out there? THIS is how owners of Subarus wish to be treated!

I now will be unable to return to the dealership with my cars for service. A damn shame.