Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 11-18-2002, 08:56 PM
AbdominalSnoman

Lightbulb How many would be interested in an autocross at Clemson, SC

Here at Clemson University about every month the sports car club holds an autocross in a parking lot. I've only been to one once and that was about two years ago, but I had a lot of fun there. If many people would be interested I could find out when the next one is and make sure that there would be enough time for as many people as said they would come to drive. It would be especially cool if all the SVXs went one after the other. I'd like to see how well this car can be pushed and also what kind of modifications end up helping the car out a lot.

The last time that I went it started at about 10:00 am on Saturday, cost either $10 or $15 to get one practice go round and then five laps for everybody in your group of about 10 cars. After all the real racing was done they had what they called fun runs where you pay $2 per lap and just run it. They still time you, but don't record the times for you. These got to be very crowded though. I only got in 3 laps before it got dark and that was in July I believe. Now that it gets dark sooner, we would almost have to be put into the groups and race the real way they intend.

If interested you can obviously reply here. Also feel free to PM me, or shoot me an email at vjasko@clemson.edu
Old 11-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

I'd definitely be interested. Keep us posted on the date.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:00 PM
AbdominalSnoman

I just talked to the president of the sports car club (funny, he turned out to be my roommates best friend and was just over at my place to see him). Anyways they won't have any more autocrosses until January at the earliest. I'll post again when I get some more dates.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:44 PM
greg

Sounds like fun to me!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile

Go to Personal Lockers - newsvx - Autocross. You'll all enjoy the day, guaranteed. The stock SVX does very well in its class (as long as Harry's driving it, of course)!
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:34 AM
iced_out_svx

Me too

I'd be interested but I can't bring the SVX, being as how I sold it to Porter and all. But I can bring the CRX. When would this be?

ICE
Old 12-23-2002, 12:56 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

How 'bout a Autocross at a USMC Air Station???

I am stationed at Beaufort, SC... The USMC Air Station... I work for Explosive safety... However I am in pretty clost with the base ground safety... I was suggesting that since somany of our Marines and servicemen are getting killed in car crashes and accidents on the road, how about opening up the runway on the weekends every now and then for a friendly Autocross.... This would help to let us drive our cars the way that we want to but be somewhat safe doing it at the same time.... I figured that if I could get this to go through then I would want to have as many SVX's there as possible.... I have the only SVX on base and I get all kinds of stares when I go somewhere... .Wouldn't it be nice to take your cars out and play around abit on the Runway!!!?

At the moment it is just an idea, but like I said, If it does go through and I can get civilians on the base too, howmany might be interested in comming to wonderful Beaufort, S.C.????

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-31-2002, 02:11 PM
svxmofo

Thumbs up on base autocross....

i am stationed down at moody afb georgia..and i think it would be bad ass to be able to run an autocross on a base...if you can do that greenmarine...im in...i get the same stuff..i got the only svx on base to...and so many people come up to me and ask me what it is...and so many people that just stare at it at redlights and stuff....i love this car....keep me posted on that autocross
Old 01-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: works for me

autocross sounds fun. let me know what the plan is.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:27 AM

sorry...

i am sorry I should have kept up on this post. I won't be able to do anything till the situation over seas calms down a bit. right now the squadrons are flying nonstop almost everyday of the week. so the runway will not be able to be used.... sorry

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-16-2003, 10:50 PM
AbdominalSnoman

Hello again everybody, I haven't been on this board (or any board, or even on the internet at all. . . since the middle of December) I heard the the first AX at clemson won't happen until February. I'll keep you guys posted when I hear some more.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:19 PM

re: autocross

thank you snoman. since greensvxmarine can't get his act together, i'm glad you came through. this is absurd that we can't use the airforce base runway! that is our tax dollars at work. what do we pay you for greenmarine?

you want calm? YOU WANT CALM?

<Harry picks up the phone and starts speed dialing Saddam and Kim Jong II.>

gimme a minute

<minutes pass...>

damn! Saddam is off racing his SVX on their runways and Kim Jong II is Turboing his SVX.........
Old 01-23-2003, 06:19 PM

darn it, where did the marine go? i was waiting for a witty remark!
Old 01-24-2003, 06:22 AM

And Greenmarine is off saving the country... his SVX is "sleeping" in NC at the moment... That's right, I am still here Noir, I'll not be shut out that quickly!! How y adoing Noir?? good to see ya too... if ya want to hear my latest story check out the general Babble section in about 30 min. and you can read all about it... I think I'll call it SVX ran from a Jeep..... yep that's it!!! well catch ya later man!!

Old 01-27-2003, 10:31 PM
AbdominalSnoman

The Dates

OK, I'm pretty busy now but I'll paste what was in the email from the Clemson Sports Car Club. I'm not sure that I'll have time to make the one this saturday, but I probably will. Post here if you think that you would want to go, and I'll do my best to make it there.

Code:
Here are the dates that we will hold autoX's. We have a total of 7 races
scheduled for the semester. 5 Saturday races, and two Sunday races. The
first Sunday race will be for points, the second will only be used if one
or more of the Saturday dates gets rained out. We will have at least 5
points races for the semester. We will use the points system from last
semester, but will reset the points for the new semester. Here are the race
dates.

Saturday 2/1
Saturday 2/8
Sunday 2/16
Satruday 3/15
Sunday 3/23
Saturday 3/29
Saturday 4/12

We also have the lot on four additional Sundays. These follow a Saturday
race, and will be used as days to hold qualifying on our club car, or free
events such as driver training schools, etc. What we will do on these days
still remains undecided.
any questions you can post here or get a quicker response by emailing vjasko@statecom.net

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: