Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Aftermarket Pre-Cats?

I'm looking to replace my 240,000km precats with new ones but don't want to spend $$$$ on OEM's.

Does anyone know which universal cats will fit?

I checked with a couple places but one said they couldn't do it and the other wants $200+ per converter plus piping & installation. I don't want to delete the cats in fear I'm going to lose power.

I know that performancepeddler.com has magnaflows that are claimed to fit but they never did get back to me on a definite price.

Any help?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
I got these. they slip onto a 2 inch pipe. you can probably get some 2.0" to 1.75" reducers to fit them to stock pipe. They are only 11" long so theres alot of room.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Cat...QQcmdZViewItem

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I'm looking to replace my 240,000km precats with new ones but don't want to spend $$$$ on OEM's.

Does anyone know which universal cats will fit?

I checked with a couple places but one said they couldn't do it and the other wants $200+ per converter plus piping & installation. I don't want to delete the cats in fear I'm going to lose power.

I know that performancepeddler.com has magnaflows that are claimed to fit but they never did get back to me on a definite price.

Any help?
Well I'd hollow out your exisiting cats and see if you have any loss of power. They're pretty straignt back so it should be an easy job to do! Me thinks you won't loose a bit.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I need to replace the pipes behind the cats to fix the exhaust leaks. The leaks are at the flange at the centre cat.

I don't want to hollow them out as my car is loud enough as it is.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I need to replace the pipes behind the cats to fix the exhaust leaks. The leaks are at the flange at the centre cat.

I don't want to hollow them out as my car is loud enough as it is.
I didn't say to do it for good. Just to see if you loose power which as I said, me thinks you won't. Loud huh? I don't think you're that loud .
Old 09-19-2006, 08:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
I have a set of precat pipes in good condition with 70,000 miles on them for sale if you just wanted to stay stock. Then you could just replace the whole pipes.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subru92svx
I have a set of precat pipes in good condition with 70,000 miles on them for sale if you just wanted to stay stock. Then you could just replace the whole pipes.
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for new/custom.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
have an exhaust shop chop off your precats and make new lengths from te headers to the car flange... or have them patch the hole by the flanges... I know what you are talking about and it definately sounds like you will need new tubing

Tom