Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 01-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxfiles
Sorry, Dad, it won't happen again. I'll just go to my room now, and think about what I've done.
Not me, Billy. I am going to have to run against you this coming season! Gotta make sure you are "stock" G Stock class .

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 01-25-2005, 03:59 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...iles/24319.jpg
Does this clear up anything?
In figure #45the positive is #2, and the negative is #1 looking at the coil plug with the locking mechanism up.
There two more pictures in my locker.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxfiles
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...iles/24319.jpg
Does this clear up anything?
In figure #45the positive is #2, and the negative is #1 looking at the coil plug with the locking mechanism up.
There two more pictures in my locker.
Tom,
Nope, but keep trying
The figures relate to the blue, green, and white connectors in my first picture in this thread. What I'm trying to do is tap into wires before the large white connector that feeds the smaller connectors on either side of the engine.
While volume of the Shop Manual did you get these figures from?
-Bill
ps. Harry - the only way you'll know I'm not running G-Stock this season is if you see my car pulling into the parking lot on a racing trailer

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Billy,
You know, if you hook the green to the white to the black, it will make you S L O W E R - then maybe I'l have a chance.

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Harry - the only way you'll know I'm not running G-Stock this season is if you see my car pulling into the parking lot on a racing trailer

-Chike

P.S. Btw Harry, I was meaning to send you a pm re: joining the MB club and autox'ing with you guys this year. When does the '05 season start? I plan on drag racing heavily in March, but after that my racing schedule is wide open.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 01-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd

-Chike

P.S. Btw Harry, I was meaning to send you a pm re: joining the MB club and autox'ing with you guys this year. When does the '05 season start? I plan on drag racing heavily in March, but after that my racing schedule is wide open.
It will be great to have you, Chike! You will be some "competition for Bill I won't be able to keep up!
You can visit the Greater Washington Section web site and join on line. Go to >www.gws-mbca.org<. Find "To Join" and you are on your way. There is also a great, well-done magazine (the STAR) about once a quarter.

While on the sight, you can check out the autocorss results for the past couple of years and see what cars and times they run on a like course - some interesting comparisions (I was just informed that there was a "math error, and I actually finished Fifth last season ). I think there are still some pics in the "Gallery" too. It also appears that we will have to run all of our autocrosses here in Winchester - about 15 min from me . We think we are losing the lot we had in Silver Spring since the County bought the property. We MIGHT be able to continue alternating for this season, but don't know yet.

Also, the club has limited participation to 50 cars on a Sunday. If you don't sign up for the season (we almost had to have a lottery last year, but didn't), there is no guarantee you'll be able to run that day unless there are slots open. There usually are.

Hope to see you there!!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Old 01-26-2005, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newsvx
It will be great to have you, Chike! You will be some "competition for Bill I won't be able to keep up!
You can visit the Greater Washington Section web site and join on line. Go to >www.gws-mbca.org<. Find "To Join" and you are on your way. There is also a great, well-done magazine (the STAR) about once a quarter.

While on the sight, you can check out the autocorss results for the past couple of years and see what cars and times they run on a like course - some interesting comparisions (I was just informed that there was a "math error, and I actually finished Fifth last season ). I think there are still some pics in the "Gallery" too. It also appears that we will have to run all of our autocrosses here in Winchester - about 15 min from me . We think we are losing the lot we had in Silver Spring since the County bought the property. We MIGHT be able to continue alternating for this season, but don't know yet.

Also, the club has limited participation to 50 cars on a Sunday. If you don't sign up for the season (we almost had to have a lottery last year, but didn't), there is no guarantee you'll be able to run that day unless there are slots open. There usually are.

Hope to see you there!!

Harry
Thanks a million Harry. I looked at the on-line reg and I'll probably need to give them a call as I want to be sure they register me with the gws-mbca. Just to be clear, you don't need to own a Mercedes to be in the club, correct?

Thanks!

-Chike

Old 01-26-2005, 07:23 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide

Tom,
Nope, but keep trying
The figures relate to the blue, green, and white connectors in my first picture in this thread. What I'm trying to do is tap into wires before the large white connector that feeds the smaller connectors on either side of the engine.
While volume of the Shop Manual did you get these figures from?
-Bill
ps. Harry - the only way you'll know I'm not running G-Stock this season is if you see my car pulling into the parking lot on a racing trailer
They were from Section 6, I just put three more in my locker, and I will fax them to you.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 AM

I made a file from the alldata program I have, maybe this version will help - then again, maybe the FSM has a better pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coil wiring.jpg (265.7 KB, 153 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Tom/Lee,
Thanks for your help. I dug up my copy of volume 6 of the shop manual and I think I've got my brain totally around this now (okay, now I've jinxed myself ). I've annotated several of the pages from the shop manual and I'm having them scanned now so I can upload them to my locker later today or tomorrow. Onward!
-Bill
p.s. Harry - as the resident autocrossing Guru that I have learned so much from, don't think for a minute that I'm buying any of this "I won't be able to keep up" stuff As a wise man once told me "Slower is faster"...

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd

Thanks a million Harry. I looked at the on-line reg and I'll probably need to give them a call as I want to be sure they register me with the gws-mbca. Just to be clear, you don't need to own a Mercedes to be in the club, correct?

Thanks!

-Chike
Chike,
Nope, one does NOT have to own a Mercedes to join the club. I don't own one and never have. That's not to say I wouldn't LIKE to own one - just can't afford one. And I think an older one would be better since Mercedes has had so many problems with "quality control" during the last 5-10 years, especially with the E Class. Now the new SLK 350 is sweet!! And the AMG version with 355 HP even better! But way beyond my pocketbook!!

Bill,
"Slower IS faster" except on the start and straights .

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Old 01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
SEA Sleeper

I know I'm just asking for it but...

Will someone please tell me the importance or why someone would necessitate one of these in our modern cars?

Coil over plug ignition, spark intensity high enough to stop a pacemaker... why more?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newsvx
Chike,
Nope, one does NOT have to own a Mercedes to join the club. I don't own one and never have. That's not to say I wouldn't LIKE to own one - just can't afford one. And I think an older one would be better since Mercedes has had so many problems with "quality control" during the last 5-10 years, especially with the E Class. Now the new SLK 350 is sweet!! And the AMG version with 355 HP even better! But way beyond my pocketbook!!

Bill,
"Slower IS faster" except on the start and straights .

Harry
Thanks Harry. I spoke with my wife and $45 for a year's membership is nothing. However, I'll wait to sign up until after I done my front crank seal. If I can't get around to doing that, my SVX won't see any track competition this year...

Will hopefully be able to do it with SVXfiles guidance in the next month or so.

-Chike

Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
SEA Sleeper

Question Re: I know I'm just asking for it but...

Quote:
Originally posted by SEA Sleeper
Will someone please tell me the importance or why someone would necessitate one of these in our modern cars?

Coil over plug ignition with spark intensity high enough to stop a pacemaker... why more?
Perhaps so you can adjust ignition timing more easily? I really want to know! I'm all for performance modifications but who really needs 120 Millijoules of spark? On a restomod car, sure, there's a practical application.

BTW: I'm selling bright yellow STi decals that add 7.865 HP!* Order now because they're going fast! Only $19.95 + $3.95 for shipping and handling!

Why you ask? Because you need one!

*results may vary. This statement has not been evaluated by any accredited sources
Old 01-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
More complete burn....multiple spark versus single...check out MotorSportsWarehouse's Stacker thread for a complete discussion....
-Bill

My Locker