Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

...and punish the poor people like me who still have dial-up?

Be happy we atleast have 100x100 avatars
thats why you can turn avatars and signatures off in your control panel options...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:43 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hehehhe, I love having 3.0mb/sec cable internet

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-27-2004, 01:56 PM

alright, hey guys, i don't know about ya'll but if some person came into my house with shoes on, while the rules are, no shoes in the house, i would think that would be pretty disrespectful. especially once that rule is out in the open and everyone is aware of it and still it happens. you may wear shoes in your house, but this isn't your house.

i would think that people have enough respect to honor a "no swearing" rule in the house...and then a drunk friend comes in teaching your kids some new colorful language, would you think that was right?

the same idea applies here. for some reason, and i am not saying it was a good one, there is a rule of no street war stories. whether they were "spirited driving" or racing for pink slips. if it was close enough that some one decided to lock it, that was their decision and if you have a problem with that, take it up with them. i don't understand why people can't respect that rule, what is the big deal?

if you want to exchange a racing or whatever story, pm people. i think this is a pretty decent communty and people get along well. we have our "spirited" convos and such, but all and all we pretty much get along well.

if someone has a good arguement in trying to change someone's rules of their "house" lets have it. and none of this free country BS. i can't going around yelling honkey, cracker, wigger, and other selective racial slurs (i picked white based, so i did not offend anyone, being as i am white also). if not, drop it and stop wasting your own time and enjoy your car, do a nice coat of wax on her or something

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i can't going around yelling honkey, cracker, wigger, and other selective racial slurs (i picked white based, so i did not offend anyone, being as i am white also). if not, drop it and stop wasting your own time and enjoy your car, do a nice coat of wax on her or something

Kelli
Im white, and you offended me
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX

Im white, and you offended me
I am offended that you are offended

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 07-27-2004, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy

I am offended that you are offended
And I try to be offensive...

like pointing out to the original poster that this country is not a democracy and was never intended to be one. Or that property rights have been/are considered so sacred a founding principle that the National Archive has a copy of the Magna Carta (England, circa 1215) usually on display.

For the American's out there, recite the words to the Pledge of Allegiance if you don't know what form our Government takes.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Hater

i just don't spend much time here anymore - its like someone else's house that isn't much fun to be at, so why hang out there?
i could care less about the streetracing posts- i don't care for that stuff, either. of course, if i was deeply offended, i just wouldn't stick my snout into a thread titled "my SVX sm0k3d a Hyundai, y0!" this place used to be pretty much self-policing - a new member would post a street racing thread, they would get the big lecture from the other members, and everyone got the "vibe" that that stuff isn't really cool or appreciated on this site.

you know a place is on a downhill slide when even the President of the club doesn't visit much, either, because of the "new ways".

P.S. - for the new members, asking too many questions will get you a "seat in the box", so try not to be too curious as to why things happen the way they do around here. that's a tip from your Uncle Shark.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-27-2004, 04:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
P.S. - for the new members, asking too many questions will get you a "seat in the box", so try not to be too curious as to why things happen the way they do around here. that's a tip from your Uncle Shark.
And here's a tip from your local friendly nazi moderator. Asking questions doesn't get your posting privileges revoked, but trolling, like our friend Alan here was fond of doing, most definitely will.

You're really something else, man.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
And here's a tip from your local friendly nazi moderator. Asking questions doesn't get your posting privileges revoked, but trolling, like our friend Alan here was fond of doing, most definitely will.

You're really something else, man.
don't get mad at ME because of some of the staff's unethical dealings with a past member. i'm sorry if that is still a sore spot for you, but i didn't need to be made an example of for it. whatever.

i was never here to troll, just to learn, help others when i could, and have fun. now i'll just be doing less of it.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:45 PM

jeez, does it really have to be all that?

i wish the old network was back

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:08 PM
BoondockSVX

An idea occured to me: Instead of the 'anti street racing' thread, change it to the 'anti-ricey crap' thread, so if someone posts about installing huge mufflers on their SVX, street racing civics, installing an 8" aftermarket tach taht lights up 5 different colors, etc, you can just lock ALL those topics.

THAT way, you keep all the SVX's in the world safe from unethical modifications, and you can still lock street racing threads.

Old 07-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
alright, hey guys, i don't know about ya'll but if some person came into my house with shoes on, while the rules are, no shoes in the house, i would think that would be pretty disrespectful. especially once that rule is out in the open and everyone is aware of it and still it happens. you may wear shoes in your house, but this isn't your house.
That's not even remotely close to what we're dealing with here.

Quote:
just don't spend much time here anymore - its like someone else's house that isn't much fun to be at, so why hang out there?
i could care less about the streetracing posts- i don't care for that stuff, either. of course, if i was deeply offended, i just wouldn't stick my snout into a thread titled "my SVX sm0k3d a Hyundai, y0!" this place used to be pretty much self-policing - a new member would post a street racing thread, they would get the big lecture from the other members, and everyone got the "vibe" that that stuff isn't really cool or appreciated on this site.
And that right there is a good enough argument to counter everything that has been said in this thread supporting the new rules. Thanks, Alan, you saved me alot of typing. You have put it better than I have been able to so far...that right there is what i'm talking about, not street racing, not what the moderators "spirit" is, but everything that was said in that paragraph.

Quote:
don't get mad at ME because of some of the staff's unethical dealings with a past member. i'm sorry if that is still a sore spot for you, but i didn't need to be made an example of for it. whatever.
I'm so glad there is someone else speaking up who REALLY knows what's going on here and not just talking about the street racing. For those of you not in the know, there is alot more to my argument, Shark's argument, and the arguments of those who have voluntarily left the site because of what it has become.

The issue is NOT street racing...you know it, we know it, so stop trying to belittle the ordeal by putting that label on it!
Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

i was never here to troll, just to learn, help others when i could, and have fun. now i'll just be doing less of it.
Bull.

If you really were just here to "learn, help others when i could, and have fun," we wouldn't even be having this stupid conversation.

You got out of line - several times - and we asked you to stop. Every one of us tried. You didn't stop, so we gave you some time to think about it.

If we really wanted to bury our problems and oppress the membership here, we wouldn't have reinstated your posting privileges.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 07-27-2004 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

The issue is NOT street racing...you know it, we know it, so stop trying to belittle the ordeal by putting that label on it!
Once again, yes it is. We banned it, and some people have a problem with it. That's it. You can spout your conspiracy theories all you want, but that's all it is. You're the one trying add a whole extra level of complexity to it - something that doesn't even exist.

As for Alan's beef with us, that's a whole other matter that has nothing to do with this ridiculous argument.

Since I'm so stupid, please enlighten me and tell me what this 'big picture' of yours is.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 07-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Bull.

If you really were just here to "learn, help others when i could, and have fun," we wouldn't even be having this stupid conversation.
you got me - time to fess up. i'm really here to cause anarchy and bring about the rise of my evil empire! MUHUHAHAHAH!!!!

i believe you are "baiting" me - isn't that the term you used when i got thrown in the penalty box?

believe what you want - it doesn't bother me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: