Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
My (anti) Street Racing Tale

I was going to call this "My Street Racing Tale" just to be a smart***, but considering I wasn't even racing, and the fact that limits have been pushed enough around here lately, I decided to go the way of better judgement. Anyway, on to my humorous tale.

So, I'm on my way back home after test driving the new '05 Legacy GT (damn sweet car, BTW), and I'm on the main 4 lane back into town when I see this black probe a little bit back. Well, as soon as he sees me, screams right up onto my ***, then swings around me at the last second, pulls up next to me and starts pacing me. Oh, this thing's a real beauty, too. Base model 4 banger, 2-tone gloss black/primer black paint, last months 17in specials at Pep Boys, and an authentic WeedEaterTM brand exhaust (that must have set him back some bling ). Stuffed inside this...thing...is about 6 high school kids, all gawking at the SVX. Normally I'd love the attention, but his little stunt p***ed me off. So the driver starts revving the engine, then takes off down the road (at a very slow rate of acceleration, mind you), while I just continue on at 45. Get to the stop light at the end of the road, and I get more of the same, revving engine and staring kids. This kid can't be too smart either, because the police station is about 20ft to our right (like owning a probe didn't give that away to begin with ). So, light turns green, he screams off in front of me (back on 2 lanes, now), then backs off until I get closer, then screams off again. He does this all the way through town, until I finally turn off onto my road, and the whole time I never broke 30. And I've heard him on my road before, I think the next time I'm out mowing or washing the cars, I'm just going to glare at him as he drives by.

And the moral of the story boys and girls? Sometimes it's almost as much fun to antagonize that Vin Diesel wannabe as it is to actually humiliate them by racing them...almost.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 06-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: My (anti) Street Racing Tale

Well put.

Did anyone see that real-life Law & Order Crime & Punishment on Sunday night on NBC? It was the trial of two guys who were charged in killing two kids and maiming a third b/c they were street racing a 'Cuda and El Camino one night. Hit a Geo sideways that was exiting the highway. One guy didn't even have his headlights on!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
And the moral of the story boys and girls? Sometimes it's almost as much fun to antagonize that Vin Diesel wannabe as it is to actually humiliate them by racing them...almost.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Why am I not surprised your the first to respond to this Chike. But 44min??? You losing your touch, my friend.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 06-16-2004, 10:40 AM

Couldn't resist!

-Chike
Quote:
Why am I not surprised your the first to respond to this Chike. But 44min??? You losing your touch, my friend.

Last edited by Chiketkd; 06-16-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:11 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Ricers are so............ Retarded

I hope that word didn't offend anyone...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
this story reminds me of what happened to me the other day.

I was on my way to my grandparents house, just cruising down the highway at 62, when some Stupid Goof in his old beat up truck tailgates me, then pulls up beside me and starts revving his engine. The thing sounded worse than my old Chevy Corsica, he continues doing this for about two miles, then finally gets to his exit. That section of the highway is the State Trooper Camaro's section, so I don't know what that kid was thinking.......iditos......

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
tancred

Quote:

w0rd.
Chike has a computer on his kitchen table, office, bathroom (not just for the SVX board), bedroom, garage. He lives on the board now that he has a SVX, someone make him a moderator....
Old 06-16-2004, 03:24 PM

Hey if they ever took my internet connection away from me at work, my post count would drop to less than 5 a day...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
w0rd.
Chike has a computer on his kitchen table, office, bathroom (not just for the SVX board), bedroom, garage. He lives on the board now that he has a SVX, someone make him a moderator....

Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
tancred

LOL...thats good allocation of company assets....Lol, unlike you, i am very career minded, i write off important things like the reno meet as a "business trip" the 1/2 a day im actually going to work in reno, justifies the whole weekend..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: