Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Registered SVX
someone should save this car

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...AdId=577939541

its not too far from where i live but i dont have the means to buy it, i can however pick it up for anyone interested
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: someone should save this car

I missed that one. I check almost every day. Excellent deal. The Stebro is worth almost that much alone.
Link to full ad:http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ577939541

If I didn't have 3 already I'd be interested.
(My name's not Earl.)

Last edited by Blacky; 03-27-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:46 PM

Registered SVX

i sent an email asking about the suspension
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 PM

I was going to see about that one on the weekend, but another one was offered to me that I previously been negotiating for. The one I'm getting, unfortunately, isn't salvageable.

For some reason or other, there are several up for grabs here in southern Ontario. The ones I looked at had just seen too much salt to be salvageable.

Avoid this one.. Last fall, he only had the white one for sale ($4,000.00.). I couldn't see it as anything but a parts donor. Only trouble was, it didn't have any parts worth saving either. A rolling wreck. I don't know where he picked up the black '92, but if he leaves the stereo that was in it last October, in the white one, and includes the aftermarket rims for both, both for a grand would probably fly.. He's been trying to unloads the white one since around last August.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ568166131

@ Gamesy.. You got room for the one from Aurora? I've got a parts car coming. I've got the means.. Do you have the time and room? PM me if you're interested. I'd have to drive by Oshawa to get to Aurora anyway..
Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
I was going to see about that one on the weekend, but another one was offered to me that I previously been negotiating for. The one I'm getting, unfortunately, isn't salvageable.

For some reason or other, there are several up for grabs here in southern Ontario. The ones I looked at had just seen too much salt to be salvageable.

Avoid this one.. Last fall, he only had the white one for sale ($4,000.00.). I couldn't see it as anything but a parts donor. Only trouble was, it didn't have any parts worth saving either. A rolling wreck. I don't know where he picked up the black '92, but if he leaves the stereo that was in it last October, in the white one, and includes the aftermarket rims for both, both for a grand would probably fly.. He's been trying to unloads the white one since around last August.

@ Gamesy.. You got room for the one from Aurora? I've got a parts car coming. I've got the means.. Do you have the time and room? PM me if you're interested. I'd have to drive by Oshawa to get to Aurora anyway..
I was going to call him a while ago to see if the price was for both. They look very nice in the pics. Too bad. Salt sucks!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 AM

I can't comment on the black one, as I didn't see it. It might be worth the money or not, but when I looked at the white one...

Buzzing from under the hood as soon as the shifter was put in drive or reverse.. which might explain...

No power steering.. it was like a tank!

non repairable crack in windshield. a good eight inches long.

380,000 KM showing on speedo.. "" Yeah, but it was rebuilt 250,000 ago" , of course , no receipt. One lazy / stuck lifter at least, and multiple oil leaks. Zip ties and missing shroud and battery holder completed the under hood inspection.

No belt on the AC... for at least long enough for the pulley to rust

klicking / clunking on turns.. " My mechanic says he checked it out, and it's just a CV Joint" I wiped the smile off his face by showing him the bone dry dipstick from the front diff, and asked him why his mechanic hadn't checked it. He had no idea there was a dipstick for the front diff. Apparently, neither did his "mechanic".

The bodywork is coming through the crappy paint job, she's rusting through for the second time.

The stench when I opened the trunk was enough to gag a maggot. My kid was standing on the curb, he caught a whiff from ten feet away and started backing up... Don't know what caused it, but it was NASTY.

Like I said, the black one might be in better shape, as it would be hard for it to be worse.

The stereo in the white one ( double din touch screen ), subs, and speakers are probably worth 7 to 8 hundred. If you check the pics, you can see one shot with BOTH cars wearing aftermarket rims.

The stereo, rims and both cars are probably worth a grand. Just watch the seller, he's a smooth talkin' wanna be rapper / concert promoter.

For true entertainment, go to the ad... the first pic is actually a YouTube video.. an absolute tutorial of how NOT to sell a car..
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Just contacted the seller. SOLD!
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:18 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Blacky; 03-28-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:36 PM

Registered SVX

ya i have room in the driveway, the laguna is still on jackstands in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post

Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 PM

Chuck,

Any parts I don't need from the 96 that make it it a " keeper" are no charge. I'll strip them out and deliver them. I'd prefer that it went to a good home. But, If that stereo landed up in my lap... I'd be OK with that too.

As long as someone gets a keeper, you get something for your time and trouble, and I get the outlay back, I'm good with that if you are..

I'm up for a road trip Sunday evening or Monday anytime.