Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
however, I think we may get better results just putting a very small resistor in line with the MAF wire. this would lower the voltage by a set amount (given the amperage stays the same, which it should) and would allow you to use the extra ability of the MAF, such that when it reads 5.12 volts, its sending 4.8 (since all the values are the same after 4.8 anyway)
I thought of this but then I realized that would just make things worse. Currently the MAF can measure between 0 and 4.8V. The resistor is going to make that range even smaller.

What we need is a way to accurately measure more air flow utilizing the existing equipment or else swap for equipment that will. We already know the stock MAF will not measure accurately over 5600RPM regardless of what you do to the wiring/ECU.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I didn't mean to inspire a hijacking of the thread. I was just suggesting that the maf voltage output be the next analog data he log along with afr.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:56 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
mbtoloczko, since you have the get up to log analog data with your wideband software how about logging the maf signal? It's the wire. That'll be a quick and true way to see if the maf is in fact maxing out at 5600 rpms. The max will be 4.8 volts not 5.12. I'm curious to see if the meter goes up to the full 5.12 or not but anything at 4.8 or above will read the same in the software. The table values for 4.8, 4.88, 5.6, & 5.12 are all ffff-it's maxed out mathmatically whether the hardware is maxed out or not.
Michael, I'm definitely going to log the MAF voltage reading. I have a suspicion that the slight lean-out at WOT peak rpm is due to the MAF maxing out, but some of my data suggests otherwise. The last plot I posted on the 1st page shows the afr at about 1/2 throttle (vs WOT) all the way out to 6500 rpm, and even here the afr leans out a bit near max rpm. So, I wasn't going to say anything about the MAF possibly maxing out until I could get some concrete data. I'm super busy at work right now, so I don't think I'll be able to get the data until mid-June.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to SVXtasy
I log data for both wide band and MAF voltage on my CAMP system. But this does not help much due to the fact that it is on a turbo car.