IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Tim-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
no sarcasm here - this time!
i can't believe ANYONE thinks those ricey-ass Altezza taillights look......good?!?!?

i think the '05 is a nice lookin' car, but i may like the "bugeye" with the JDM projectors a slight bit more.......

...and teh 22B, too.
BUGEYES ARE TEH B3TT4R. I'm going to buy EDM projectors for mine in a few months, but they are $1100 so i need to save up first. Also if your gonna go bugeye, which i recommend and get the projectors, get the EDM instead of JDM they are identical except that they aim in the correct direction and are DOT approved, just a couple hundred dollars more expensive.

In the mean time, while I'm waiting i did a headlight mod to mine, which looks 120% better than stock.(there are a few more in my locker with the lights on also)

Old 08-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd

-Chike
05s are getting uglier by the minute.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Certified Porschephile

I still don't like the gold wheels. It'd be nice to see two silver ones side by side, 05 and 06. Silver is the STi's most flattering color.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Hater

Quote:
Hey Alan, I'd take those altezzas anyday over a Camry-esque auto shifting Legacy...
my "Camry-esque" LGT will roast your SVx, however.
one guy on the LGT board was going to buy some Camry emblems to put on his LGT.

Quote:
Seriously though, the '06 Impreza styling isn't for everyone, but it's not like our SVXs are the most attractive cars to mainstream buyers... I guess the new imprezzas are quirky enough to suit my fancy.
quirky is one thing, ugly is another. teh SVX looks like a classic Ferrari compared to the new Subaru styling.

Quote:
I love the new direction Subaru is headed in... They are building a distinct brand identity!
they are? when did Subaru buy Suzuki?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Who is good in photoshopping? I would like to see the two imprezas side by side but the 2006 having larger headlights, maybe increasing the diameter from below... anyone can do it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2825.jpg (171.8 KB, 168 views)

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:01 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

The car doesn't look bad in person....i also hated the tribeca untill i saw it in person. The pictures dont do them any justice.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
my "Camry-esque" LGT will roast your SVx, however.
I wouldn't be too certain of that Alan!

Either way, you're comparing my 6K SVX to your 26K+ Legacy GT!!! When I spend 25K for a new '06 WRX, it'll skewer your modded "Camry" in factory-stock condition!

-Chike

P.S. I'll leave the 'roast' talk to the SRT-4 wannabe racers out there!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 08-21-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Hater

Quote:
Either way, you're comparing my 6K SVX to your 26K+ Legacy GT!!!
i didn't mention price. i'm comparing acceleration.

Quote:
When I spend 25K for a new '06 WRX, it'll skewer your modded "Camry" in factory-stock condition!
we all know you're never actually going to buy a car - you just like to post pictures about them. by the time you get a WRX, i may have a 911 Turbo....... or perhaps a hover-car.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I think the '05s styling had a distinct "face" that no one else in the market had. Now the '06s look like a cross between Suzuki's grill and Saturn's Headlights. Plus the '05 was more aggresive looking. Thats just my opinion though.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 08-21-2005, 01:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
I think the '05s styling had a distinct "face" that no one else in the market had. Now the '06s look like a cross between Suzuki's grill and Saturn's Headlights. Plus the '05 was more aggresive looking. Thats just my opinion though.

dustin
Yep the 05's are far more better looking and aggressive than 06's. But looking at 06's, i think it may or maynot increase the percentage of potential buyers of WRX, hmmmm but lets seeeee... how subaru responds to it. But I think they have done a considerable research and improvement on the technical things to dominate Mitsu-Evo, hope they did it and I am waiting for the results of 06 Sti vs 06 Evo. Do anyone have those by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
I too agree on this, the pictures are not at all making any justice to the new models (i dont know why this is in case of subaru !!!! ), but they look far better in person than in pics, thts for 100% .

-Pavan.

Last edited by pavanbabut; 08-21-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Certified Porschephile

I think the 05 STi is the best looking WRX to date, even better then my emotional favorite, the 22B. Subaru is trying it's best to scare away all the mainstream buyers it's improved image and product are bringing in.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=Landshark]i didn't mention price. i'm comparing acceleration.[/qoute]
But acceleration always comes at a price!

Quote:
we all know you're never actually going to buy a car - you just like to post pictures about them. by the time you get a WRX, i may have a 911 Turbo....... or perhaps a hover-car.
I wouldn't say that - I've always said I was looking to pick up my next car in the fall/winter of this year, after buying a house. I bought a house this Spring and I'll be buying a new car later this year. You just ASSUMED from the threads that I was planning to buy one like...next week!

Hey, I haven't even ruled out the Legacy GT at this point...but I like focusing on the '06 WRX as I get the best reaction out of you!

It's just a car Alan, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less what I get next as long as it's a Subaru!

-Chike

Old 08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Hater

Quote:
Hey, I haven't even ruled out the Legacy GT at this point...but I like focusing on the '06 WRX as I get the best reaction out of you!
just as i like pulling yer chain about never getting a car.

Quote:
It's just a car Alan, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less what I get next as long as it's a Subaru!
exactly. the LGT even stock is brutally fast, and can get you into real trouble if you don't keep an eye on the speedometer - its also very smooth and deceptive, which contributes to the "oh ****, i'm doing 90mph!" factor. i may go to stage2 since its free (gut the downpipe), or relatively cheap for an aftermarket one, but i'll worry about speeding tickets if i do. i'm not drag racing it, but it might be fun to try stage2. i was driving Mrs. Shark's WRX yesterday, and it just feels like a dog now.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:05 PM

Quote:
exactly. the LGT even stock is brutally fast, and can get you into real trouble if you don't keep an eye on the speedometer - its also very smooth and deceptive, which contributes to the "oh ****, i'm doing 90mph!" factor. i may go to stage2 since its free (gut the downpipe), or relatively cheap for an aftermarket one, but i'll worry about speeding tickets if i do. i'm not drag racing it, but it might be fun to try stage2. i was driving Mrs. Shark's WRX yesterday, and it just feels like a dog now.
Brutally fast is a relative term...compared to a stock SVX yes...however, compared to an STI/Evo - not a chance.

I thought my 13.6 second SVT Lightning was quick, until I went for a ride in my college friend's modded Evo VIII that ran the 1/4 in 12.6 at that point...

Anyway, I'm getting advice all over the board about what to get (and not get) for my next car. Some people say the new Legacy has sub-par build quality (made in USA) and weighs to much to ever be a true sports car...while I'm also told that the Impreza is an old platform that's in need of revision.

At this time, I plan on test driving an '05 Legacy 2.5GT, an '05 FXT and an '06 WRX sometime in October/November. I'll make my final decision on which car to buy based on my personal needs and the greater needs of my family...

-Chike

Old 08-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Unstoppable

With the money you save on a 2.5GT over a STi/Evo, you can easily make them as fast if not faster I'm sure. The 2.5GT pulled like a train when I test drove one, and theres only the potential for more.

Which is why I'm going to try to swing the payments on a used '05 on my poor part time/student job. Might be possible if my hookup for the auction works out but we'll see.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin

Last edited by upnygimp; 08-21-2005 at 07:00 PM.