Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 09-28-2002, 06:15 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Atlanta Subaru Warehouse - Nov 2nd

Met up with the impreza guys at the dragon who had toured the suby warehouse in atlanta and they said some of the stuff from the road and track guide is stored there - the 2 engine prototype cutaways, the suspension system, etc. along with alot of other cool stuff.
The visit is arranged by I-club and I contacted the organizer who said svx's and any other type of subaru are welcome.

Atlanta meet in November.

The tentative arrangements are as follows:

Meet Date: November 2nd, 2002
Meet Time: 10:00 am at Subaru Regional parts warehouse

Plan on touring the warehouse until 12:00- 1:00 pm and then heading east to Subaru of Gwinnett for some refreshments, grub and a look at some of the sweet performance parts that Lisa has on display.

Here is the I-club thread with more information and a sign up list.

Atlanta Meet
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I might go to this. Are any other svx's going?
Old 10-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I might try to make it, my youngest daughters 8th birthday is Nov 4th, so that might be a problem, but will be thinking about it.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 10-17-2002, 11:34 PM

whos is going

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname
I might go to this. Are any other svx's going?
I checked out the Inet site.
seems there is a list of folks going. I will be going if nothing stops me.... should be nice... It sure won't be HOT in Atlanta.
SVX1999
Old 10-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
So far over 50 cars are heading to atlanta this weekend. I hope more svx's can make it. Kim and I will be going, possibly driving both cars there just to add in some more fun.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 10-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Here's the agenda for the meet
I-Club Event
Subaru Southeast Region / Subaru of Gwinnett
Saturday, November 2, 2002

Subaru of America attendees:
Randy Reinhardt, Regional Fixed Operations Manager
Jack Kisner, Regional Service Operations Manager
Bob Lester, Regional Fixed Operations Marketing Manager
Donna Findling, Parts Distribution Center Manager
Barry Benson, Technical Training Instructor
Pat Walker, District Fixed Operations Manager
Ed Luksic, District Service Operations Manager
Mark Kempski, District Sales Manager

10:00 a.m. - I-Club guests to arrive at Southeast Region (220 The Bluffs, Austell, GA), sign-in for door prize drawing, obtain name badges, coffee and donuts in Service Training room - Pat Walker, DFOM

10:30 a.m. - Welcome and introductions - Randy Reinhardt, Regional Fixed Operations Mgr.

10:45 a.m. - Tour Parts Distribution Center facility - Donna Findling, PDC Manager

11:15 a.m. - Tour Technical Training area - Barry Benson, Technical Training Instructor

11:45 a.m. - Return to Service Training Room - Drawing for door prize, question & answer, I-Club requested to provide group consensus of top 5 "hottest things" Subaru of America could do to better serve our customers (parts availability, pricing, etc.) and provide feedback from participants on I-Club event held in Jacksonville, FL in October - Bob Lester, Regional Fixed Ops Marketing Mgr.

12 noon - Depart for Subaru of Gwinnett facility where lunch will be served
Old 11-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Thumbs up Pictures from tour

It was great to see everyone -- Matt (immortal_suby) and Kim from SC in their black 92 SVX, and Mark from NC in his green 97 (and of course all of the WRX owners).

The SOA folks were great. I really enjoyed the opportunity to tour the facility. It's clear that these folks are interested in high quality products and support. That philosophy just needs to carry down to some of the dealers a little more sometimes.

Lisa and the folks at Gwinnett Subaru were great. A special nod goes to Service Mgr Ely for letting me take a close look at the underside of my SVX.

I took a few pictures. See them here in my locker.

This was fun. I hope the SVX folks can do something like this in the not too distant future.

_______
David C.
1996 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD

P.S. Here are some more pictures posted by Justin (Blindeye_03) on the i-club site. A few more inside the warehouse, including engines and transmissions on pallets ready to ship out. Mark's SVX snuck into one of Justin's pics .

Last edited by SVXdc; 11-03-2002 at 08:29 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: