Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2002, 04:20 PM
Debo

Send a message via AIM to cxt2001
haven't posted in a long long time.....

Hey ya'll,

I'm interested in attending the meet. Right now my car is down, because on the way down to school my rear-end in my car like blew out and the oil from it spewed out all over the hot muffler and started a fire and it was bellowing out white smoke. My dad had to get under the car with a water bottle and put the fire out. Anyways, sorry for that long rant but im just a little upset. But it should be fixed soon enough for a meet. But I would really like to attend and meet a few passionate svxer's. Its always a cool thing to see your car u know??
Old 09-03-2002, 04:43 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Hey Chris,
Hope to meet you there, once we set a date, and place, we can start some plans.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-05-2002, 02:43 PM
cj989svx

Hey,
I'm interested in the meet. I live in Savannah, but have a house on Roan Mountain, TN. It is a very nice area around Cherokee National Forest. I like to take the SVX up and unwind around Newland, NC to Morganton, NC. There are also some cheap hotels and lots of mountain fast food in that area.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Lowered SVX

i think i can make it this year.

i sure as hell wish we could meet in nashville though. i would only have 200 miles then.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 09-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Porter

I'm up for a fall colors meet! Let me know...

Good to see you this weekend Immortal_suby... I'm glad you joined us. Sorry our speed level was a little high for comfort... it was pretty much a group of the best drivers in the SE region of I-club, kind of an invitational event.

I finally got comfortable with the new SVX, and I can pitch it sideways in corners with authority now. I also learned that it's exceptionally stable at 70+ on dirt and gravel!

Video of our shenanigans is forthcoming... i'll give you guys a link once it's up.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Porter

I'm posting pics in the dragon thread... come check it out.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Porter says, at a gas station before the dragon, " I'll be leading the pack so I'll try to keep a slower pace since the roads are wet"
I breathed out a sigh of relief.
Then he promptly tears away into the triple digits.

I am still amazed you can drive a stock svx that fast. It is going to be interesting to see what you can do once you start modding it. I really need to start autocrossing. I was amazed at how well everyone knew their cars.

I'm in the middle of downloading the dragon video now (50 mb on dialup - ouch)

So do we have any plans for the meet yet? (2 weeks away now)
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:46 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
Dude, you're in luck...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1851873821
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1851760187

Happy bidding!

VK

I almost forgot to mention - I bought her the spoiler in the first auction listed. (thanks Vik!)I was brand new in the box- primered black, with instructions and mounting hardware and gaskets. (Maybe the only new one left? who knows.) Strange thing was the guy selling it turned out to be an old friend of Kim's father. By chance I mentioned his name and the guy almost pooped his pants. They had lost touch over the years.
He has a bunch of other new subaru parts - he made a business of buying closed out dealer stock and auctioning it off. He has a few of the suede trim pieces for the svx also. No new headlights though
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 09-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Re: i think i can make it this year.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i sure as hell wish we could meet in nashville though. i would only have 200 miles then. [/QUOTE

I second the idea of Nashville.... it's my hometown. I'd be driving from Orlando, FL.

Maybe sometime in the future we can have a meet down here in Florida???? Well, just a thought.

-SVXJoe
Old 09-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: i think i can make it this year.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svxjoe
Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i sure as hell wish we could meet in nashville though. i would only have 200 miles then. [/QUOTE

I second the idea of Nashville.... it's my hometown. I'd be driving from Orlando, FL.

Maybe sometime in the future we can have a meet down here in Florida???? Well, just a thought.

-SVXJoe
Nashville's only two hours from me. I could handle that. Unfortunately, there's nobody there to arrange a meet.

As for Florida, one of these days, I WILL be driving to Florida in the SVX. Meet, or no meet.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
So.....is the meet on?
Old 10-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Porter

Ya, what's the deal? When and where?

Btw immortal... drop me an email, we need to hang out sometime since we're both in Greenville. Drop me an email at jasonporter3@charter.net or chat me up on IM.... JPorter900
Old 10-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Where were you this sunday? I figured you'd be at the auto-x at the braves stadium tearing up the place in the svx. I took some video of the RS's going through - they were running some pretty good times. After I put on a new set of rotors I think I'm going to try to start autocrossing myself. Or maybe I'll sneak out in Kim's svx and beat the tar outta her car instead. It looked like a ton of fun.

I'll look you up on AIM.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

I almost forgot to mention - I bought her the spoiler in the first auction listed. (thanks Vik!)I was brand new in the box- primered black, with instructions and mounting hardware and gaskets. (Maybe the only new one left? who knows.) Strange thing was the guy selling it turned out to be an old friend of Kim's father. By chance I mentioned his name and the guy almost pooped his pants. They had lost touch over the years.
He has a bunch of other new subaru parts - he made a business of buying closed out dealer stock and auctioning it off. He has a few of the suede trim pieces for the svx also. No new headlights though
I was bidding on a factory svx spoiler at the same time as you. It had a 94 ebony lsi with beige leather attached to it though. I won too. I have what i think is only the second svx in Miami, FL. I've been looking for years and only seen 1 blue one.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Re: Re: i think i can make it this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Nashville's only two hours from me. I could handle that. Unfortunately, there's nobody there to arrange a meet.

As for Florida, one of these days, I WILL be driving to Florida in the SVX. Meet, or no meet.
I'd love a Florida meet. Maybe some of the northerners would like to come to FL during the winter. I was thinking I might go to one of the northern meets if it's in a city I want to visit. This year I'm looking to visit Boston, Chicago, and somewhere i can ski.