Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: Contact cleaner

I have 4 Subarus and all of them have Bosch sensors as stock OEM.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Fine people, I will edit my response. But I still ask...can someone finally ban this jerk for good? Trevor was a prince of congeniality and a great addition to the community compared to this miserable excuse for a human being. And to think this guy facies himself a wise old man. What great philosophical teachings have ever said it is wise to instigate and antagonize other people to drag them into your misery so you will have company?!?!?!?!
OK, tony, that is it! I am through with trying to help you. You put new meaning to the phrase, "Let no good deed go unpunished".

I hate to give up on folks, but your unkindness is more than I can take... I try to get along with everyone, but our friendship cannot stand anymore abuse.

Keith
Old 06-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Same here for my three and they all run like a dream!

Keith
Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Maybe someone else will chime in on this (by other people I mean someone that actually has a clue and I am not implying anything about you Blacky). What you are saying, Blacky, may be true of most Subarus but the OBD2 SVXs have two different part numbers for the front and rear O2 sensors and Bosch only has one replacement part number for front and back. I assumed the Bosch replacement part has a long enough cable to be used in either location. But that would also imply that the part is not the same as the OE part in the SVX or, at the very least, is only the same as the O2 sensor with the longer cable.

There aren't a lot of OBD2 SVXs out there but it would be good to hear from other 96 and 97 owners to see what replacements they have used for sensor 3 and what their experience has been.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 PM

Registered SVX

tony, i tried cleaning all the contacts with crc cleaner and still no luck.I now have 2 bosch and one ngk installed all new within the last couple years. I'm starting to suspect it's not the sensors.Perhaps exhaust related. One thing I noticed, in the FSM a code po145 is for front sensor left side and po139 is for rear sensor slow response.My actron scanner says that po145 is for rear sensor slow response.Just the opposite.Thats why I changed them all.One thing(at least on my 96) the harness plug by the back of the block is different for the front and rear sensors even though the same sensor is used.I can't swap them over except at the rear cat.I haven't had any problems with any of the other sensors so I don't think it's the brand of sensor.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyo View Post
tony, i tried cleaning all the contacts with crc cleaner and still no luck.I now have 2 bosch and one ngk installed all new within the last couple years. I'm starting to suspect it's not the sensors.Perhaps exhaust related. One thing I noticed, in the FSM a code po145 is for front sensor left side and po139 is for rear sensor slow response.My actron scanner says that po145 is for rear sensor slow response.Just the opposite.Thats why I changed them all.One thing(at least on my 96) the harness plug by the back of the block is different for the front and rear sensors even though the same sensor is used.I can't swap them over except at the rear cat.I haven't had any problems with any of the other sensors so I don't think it's the brand of sensor.
Isn't the infamous "donut" exhaust seal prior to the rear O2 sensor? You could be right.........

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
OK, tony, that is it! I am through with trying to help you.
Promise?

Quote:
I hate to give up on folks, but your unkindness is more than I can take... I try to get along with everyone, but our friendship cannot stand anymore abuse.
We never had a friendship Mr. Delusional. There are a lot of people on this board I would have over to my house for dinner and a bottle of wine. You were never one of them.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:19 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

I have PO141 on my '97. Heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2. I bought a Walker O2 sensor for a replacement. When I finally get around to replacing it I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
I have PO141 on my '97. Heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2. I bought a Walker O2 sensor for a replacement. When I finally get around to replacing it I'll let you know how it works out.
Have you replaced sensor 3 in the car yet? It seems like that is the one that causes problems. Sensors 1 and 2 seem to be less of an issue. I replaced Sensor 1 with a Bosch and there have been no issues with it, for example. Sensor 3 is teh one that appears to be finicky. If I get a code again my next step is to check the exhaust seals. If they are fine I will swap sensor 2 (appears to still be OE) with sensor 3 and see if the problem follows the sensor.

If the exhaust is leaky, we will change the seal and see if the code goes away. If it does, that was the issue. If the exhaust is tight and the code goes away after the swap, I have to conclude the problem is with using Bosch for sensor 3. If the prolem follows the sensor then I will conclude it was a bad sensor out of the box.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
We never had a friendship Mr. Delusional. There are a lot of people on this board I would have over to my house for dinner and a bottle of wine. You were never one of them.
Toney, you finally got my attention, this is mind boggling! You continually are throwing your juvenile trash in my yard. As long as you have been on this form, I have never said anything negative about you. There have been many instances that such actions would have merited that, but I have reframed… not because you didn’t deserve it, but because of my kindness. A battle of wits with an unarmed man has never been my forte.
In this post you proudly proclaim that you can get some of the “Board Members” drunk enough that they would actually come to your home and eat your wife’s cooking. Actually, as a point of information, I am not, as you stated, a board member. Apparently the Board realizes that my plate is full, and I haven’t time for any additional responsibility. However, you’re your motive can be chalked up to another of those… “We all have to learn sometime” things.

Your inquire about my being banned from this site… The reason was given, and is a matter of record, that my responses to a member that trashed me was the reason. I replied by using the quote feature and line by line, replied to the trashing.

All the horrible posts that you compose, and put on this form, are certainly agonizing for me, but I have only responded in kindness… Look it up!
When you first got here and started asking those stupid questions, I could have chose to respond critically to each of them. One of the first ones that you asked about was the Donut gasket… You wanted to know what it was. That was a precursor of things to come, but I shrugged it off as “We all had to learn sometime” Today you want to know "where it is". I could have said, buy a “real cheap” floor jack, jack up the car, get under there and look… but I didn’t.

A couple of days ago, after trying to find out something, just anything... about 02 sensors for almost two years you still didn’t know that there are two identical ones that you can see them simply by getting someone to help you open the hood and take a look. Again, my kindness prevents me from saying that because, “We all had to learn sometime”

Your “six month quest to oil a squeaky door hinge was finally solved, after all that agonizing, by a family member, probably with help from your wife. I made no comment about that and will re-frame from doing it now. Again my thoughts were, “We all have to learn sometime”

I could have said something like… Of all the people on this form, you are the only person with perfect 02 sensors on your car that has spent the last two years trying to find out what is “wrong with them” Definitely the only person that sprayed contact cleaner on the quick disconnect! But… no comment from me, because, “We all have to learn sometime”

As far as your inquire about my being banned from this site… I made the mistake of replying to negative posts that were made against me by members of the “Old boys club”

The reasons that were given, and is a matter of record, hinged from my responses to a member that trashed me. I replied by using the quote feature and line by line, replied to the trashing.

I have never complained about being banned. That was the official reason…Actually, I needed banned. I had had so much criticism from people that make a living in the worst thought of profession in America, excluding the IRS, … the used car sales business… that I was literally out of control. I needed time out to get my act together, and the powers that be realized it.
I have never had any bad feelings about being banned, and I have a lot of respect for all the board members. Actually I have a lot of respect for the members on this form.

When a person gets out of control, like you are now, being banned could be helpful. Maybe instead you can just ZIP it… and we can all go with our lives… None of that is beneficial to this great form and it actually could be harmful to a lot of people that come here for good reasons.

Those are just a small sampling of things I could have posted about you, but I choose not to because... “We all have to learn sometime”

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 06-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
{Blah, blah, blah}

Keith
Are you still trying to "help" me? I would rather not know if the 3rd O2 sensor is in front or behind the often replaced donut gasket than be a bitter and insecure old man who is too asleep to realize that the end is near and he should spend what little time he has left doing something constructive, rather than spend it antagonizing and instigating people.

But, please, do feel free to stop "helping" me.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Registered SVX
EGR

Where is the EGR valve? How do I remove it ? How do u clean it/ replace it ?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: EGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Where is the EGR valve? How do I remove it ? How do u clean it/ replace it ?
It's on the rear passenger side of the engine. Odds are, if your engine is anything like my old one, the fasteners in that area are pretty trashed from rust.

Legitimate question - did you download the FSM?