Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
Thumbs up recognizing the svx

so i was getting off the interstate yesterday and i see this nice blue '05? wrx sti drive by (to my right)
i turn right and end up behind him in the left hand turning lane a ways down the road
in the back of my mind im thinking "man, it'd be cool if he noticed this was an svx"
and as the light turns green he reaches out and gives me the thumbs up
so as im driving behind him i turn on my blinker a little earlier than i normally would to see if he would pick up that i was going to turn and then also turn so i could possibly chat
but i got in my turning lane and as he drove away he gave me another thumbs up and waved off

as cheesy as it sounds, it made my day

i was VERY GLAD to realize that this subaru driver recognized the svx, instead of just some 'average joe' driving a subaru who has no clue what im driving

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM
SVXtreme

I know that feeling, a few weeks ago I pulled in a space in a lot, and a man in an adjacent spot came over and started telling me what a great car I've got. He asked a lot of questions, and wanted to see the engine. He said he was a huge Subie fan and we had a good conversation going, but eventually his wife got annoyed and drug him away. The rest of that day, I felt really good driving my car.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
tonight ive had another long, long covnversation with an owner of a pretty nice blue 05 sti (You know, the only ones that looked good) He seems to really like the svx, even if it is hella slow
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Scottsubarus

On the same trip from Omaha to Kansas City, cruising along a newer legacy ooutback wagon would have sailed pass me, but he was trying to catch up as he made a point to travel even with me and lean over with the "thumbs up" He was a younger guy, so was impressed that he recognised the car I was driving. THEN.....had been playing "tag" with a Suburban with a bunch of 10-12yr olds like a soccer team or something. Just before they were getting off just north of KC, one of the kids had written on a piece of notbook paper "NICE CAR!"...I know, I know...it was from a little kid.......but still!

Called the wife to express my excitement over being noticed (car), but I could just tell by her reaction that she was rolling her eyes. (she just doens't understand)

Scott/Omaha
BOXER6
Old 05-01-2008, 11:54 AM

I stopped in at a gas station the other night to purchase a refreshing beverage and when I got to the counter the attendant said, "What kinda of Subaru is that, anyway?" Me..."It's an SVX, not too many of them out there." Him..."Man, that thing is bad-ass!"

We talked a little more but there were people in line behind me so I didn't want to clog up the works. Was pretty cool to hear from a complete stranger though. I made sure to get on it when I left, and I saw him stick his head out the door and watch... lol

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:04 PM

A guy stopped me this morning in the parking lot as I was locking my car. he was driving a Tribeca. he said he had been wondering whose beautiful SVX it was. He was looking at it longingly and said he used to have a green one that he loved but had traded it for the Tribeca due to needing a family vehicle. He had a nice Tribeca and I just had a quick moment to hide the look of deep pity in my eyes; I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
I park my SVX next to the Lexus and the Jag two rows back and several places away from other cars

Edited to add : I should have asked him where he traded his green SVX and when, perhaps someone here now owns it. I haven't seen any other SVX's in the Des Moines area.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM

In DSM last fall I saw a dark green one at a used car lot. It had a set of Ford Probe wheels on it, and it looked like beat up, so I doubt that was it... but I have seen SVXii other than yours in Des Moines!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Flipper Send a message via Skype™ to Flipper
I had a little bit different story. Another day I purchased SVX I was driving left lane and stopped at the lights some dude in Toyota pulled the right lane next to me. As the light turned green we moved… just a few meters as the traffic stopped… boy he was surprised when he hit car in front of him. It happens because he was still looking at SVX. Does this makes me The bad? ;-) Guilty as charged

Another one (as SVX is really rear here) was really nice. An older guy stopped at the lights next to me and gave “thumbs up”. Later, as he passed me, I realized he had a brand new Mercedes S-class It really made my day!

The thing is – there is just one SVX I know and some 5 to be sold (mainly from Germany or in terrible condition) so SVX is really one of it’s kind and eye-catching. So that’s why having one here is really nice feeling and I tell You – You have just a bit of that feeling! I’ve seen just three SVX on own eyes here… one of those three is mine
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM

that is funny, well, not to the guy in the Toyota, but I could see how it could happen!
I get a lot of looks and second looks from motorcyclists, as they have a chance to really check the car out when they are cruising in the next lane over. I worry about them, they better watch the road
Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper View Post

I’ve seen just three SVX on own eyes here… one of those three is mine

I realize that it is more rare there than here, but I have only seen 7 in my life myself. One of those 7 being mine.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
sadly no one has come up to me about my svx, but i did see a guy checking it out one day.

i was at the super market and to my disbelief there was another svx there! (ive only driven 2 including mine and have seen only about 3-4, not sure on exact #s because im pretty sure the 2 pearlies ive seen are the same car) i think its one ive been seeing around here, i would bet that they live no more than a few miles from me. anyway, i parked and hopped in my girlfriends truck while she was in the store. i waited to see if anyone would come out and get in the svx but noone did while i was there. but an old man parked behind us and was checking out our cars. less mine because it is ALWAYS terribly dirty. one day on these dirt roads and my car is filthy. probably why i havent had any cool experiences like most people.

which reminds me.... i should probably give her a bath......
Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 AM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

i get comments on mine alot, like..."do you know how fast you were going?" the super bright color gets alot of attention. but really, my wife was driving it for a couple weeks and told me she was shocked at how many people asked her about it. i try to play it off, inside i'm lovin' it though.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiv0 View Post
so i was getting off the interstate yesterday and i see this nice blue '05? wrx sti drive by (to my right)
i turn right and end up behind him in the left hand turning lane a ways down the road
in the back of my mind im thinking "man, it'd be cool if he noticed this was an svx"
and as the light turns green he reaches out and gives me the thumbs up
so as im driving behind him i turn on my blinker a little earlier than i normally would to see if he would pick up that i was going to turn and then also turn so i could possibly chat
but i got in my turning lane and as he drove away he gave me another thumbs up and waved off

as cheesy as it sounds, it made my day

i was VERY GLAD to realize that this subaru driver recognized the svx, instead of just some 'average joe' driving a subaru who has no clue what im driving
okay, so the guy mentioned above, i met today
i was leaving the bank and saw him drive by so i hurried to catch up with him

we were near a shopko so i got his attention and pulled into a spot; he did the same
we started talking about how we'd seen each other around a few times and then he went into how much he LOVED the svx
i opened the hood and answered a few of his questions
he said he does work on cars, and then i let him know that i was looking to sell
i gave him my cell no. and told him to give me a call if he knew anyone interested

cool to actually meet a fellow subaru driver who recognized the car

FTW!

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time