Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
O/T - Thought for the day - No, I'm not the author

Just a little something I ran across that might *help* those that are fence-sitting or fell off on the wrong side. I realize there are many debates about who put whom in power, gave/sold weapons, yadda, yadda, yadda. (To be honest, if I had a dog that bit my hand after I just fed it you better believe I'd beat the living crap outta it.) This is regarding a more basic issue:

With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists" who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror. These activists may be alone or in a gathering.....most of us don't know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry and they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell them if they are really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting victim or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost.

We owe our military a huge debt for what they are about to do for us and our children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these.

We have no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in the nose.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Thumbs up Gotta love it!!

LMAO! Beav, I can't say I've heard of a better way to handle those people...seriously. Any other method just ends up in useless runarounds and their refusal to admit logic when presented to them. This method cuts to the chase and removes all symantics.

Hmmm...(rubbing hands in anticipation)...now where is a pacifist when you want one...

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Hater

thanks, Beav. <Alan goes to find his lead powder filled gloves>

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-30-2003, 11:34 AM
SVXCAPE

If somebody hit me in the nose unexpectedly, while i was making an arguement, I would beat them within an inch of thier life in under ten seconds. After they got alittle better, I'd do it again, I would keep doing it until I felt better.

I might even steal his wipers.

Not only would I beat him up, but my buddies will as well. They would also "surprise attack" whenever they see him in the street. We probably would not stop until we were satisfied that he saw it "our way", or he left town.

I don't ever agree with war, but what are we to do when a crazy lieing mass killer, forces us to deal with him. Nobody in this country, or thiers can possibly be safe, with the saddam regime. It is clearly apparent.

Last edited by SVXCAPE; 03-30-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Hater

Re: If that was my view

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXCAPE
If somebody hit me in the nose unexpectedly, while i was making an arguement, I would beat them within an inch of thier life in under ten seconds. After they got alittle better, I'd do it again, I would keep doing it until I felt better.

I might even steal his wipers.

Not only would I beat him up, but my buddies will as well. They would also "surprise attack" whenever they see him in the street. We probably would not stop until we were satisfied that he saw it "our way", or he left town.

I don't ever agree with war, but what are we to do when a crazy lieing mass killer, forces us to deal with him. Nobody in this country, or thiers can possibly be safe, with the saddam regime. It is clearly apparent.
i think you missed the point. you are obviosly in support of taking out Saddam.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:59 AM
SVXCAPE

you mistook my post

Yes, you are right , I am in support. I still don't like war and voilence, But I would use it if directly threatened.
Hope that explains it a little better.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Hater

Re: you mistook my post

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXCAPE
Yes, you are right , I am in support. I still don't like war and voilence, But I would use it if directly threatened.
Hope that explains it a little better.
i can't think of many people who DO like war. however, i would like to inflict some violence on these peace protesters that find it necessary to block city streets during rush hour for their marches.

Old 03-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
True story

My grandfather was a Quaker preacher. (from a division of the Quakers that actually HAD preachers) He was living in a small rural Indiana town during WWI, when the local bond drive parade came down the street signing people up. When they reached graddad, they asked him to buy a War Bond. He told them that he would be more than willing to contribute to the medical needs of the troops, but couldn't in faith contribute to anything that might be related to killing. The small crowd asked him to reconsider.....they would be back shortly, with some tar and feathers. True to their word, they returned with the items, and asked grandfather again to buy some bonds, to which he answered the same as the first visit.
As the group opened the gate and approached him (grandmother and my very young father were holding each other right behind him), two pistol shots rang out. The crowd turned and saw the meanest man in the neighborhood, standing in the street with a drawn and smoking pistol in his hand. He then proceeded in lecturing the group about the freedom of religion and how UNPEACEFUL assemblies were not covered in the Constitution. Even though words were exchanged, the group decided to move on down the street.
Grandfather crossed the street to the man, and thanked him for his help, while informing him he didn't actually approve of his methods! Daddy used to tell me that the man said, "Pastor, don't expect to see me in your church on Sunday, but what those folks were planning on doing was wrong. I don't think they'll bother you again."

They didn't!
----------------------------
Our Constitution promises us many freedoms. Exercising those freedoms will not always be a popular action. Sometimes you will be spit on, called names, or even be tarred and feathered! But thank heaven, that we live in such a country....the greatest experiment in democracy the world has ever seen. We must learn that in a country that allows differing points of view, those voices must be heard....popular or not....to keep the muscle of freedom exercised. If we abandon that tolerance as a society, the we will slip back into darkness we have so struggled as a nation to overcome. Someone once said..." I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it." Or something close to that.
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 03-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
And unfortunately wars, killing, and fighting must be used in order to defend those rights!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Yep!

<And unfortunately wars, killing, and fighting must be used in order to defend those rights! >

Just as a man will defend someone in his family that doesn't believe in violence, we defend those in our country that don't believe in war.

Interesting, isn't it?

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 03-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: punching in the nose

good points...but...

1. i'm the meanest guy in the neighborhood.

2. you really should not hit the guy in the nose. i think that is just wrong. from what the police officers told me, it is much better to hit him in the gut. it's a lot harder to prove when they try to sue you. it will be your word against theirs if you hit them in the gut they say so have at it.

then again i was in the bookstore the other day flipping through random books when i came upon a reference book for people who are going to take the police officer's test. to my surprise one of the questions was how to spell wendnesday. i almost died laughing. being the way i had to ask the first officer of the day how to spell it. i saw one a few hours later at a convient store and ask him the following: 'excuse me officer, is wensday spelled W E N S D A Y?' he thought for a sec mouthing it out silently and said, 'yessir that is correct'. pretty funny imho.

yes i spell it wrong on purpose. think what u will
Old 03-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
"It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag, that gives the protester the right to burn the flag."

Father Dennis O'brian, USMC
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI