Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-04-2003, 11:44 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Re: On a lighter note:

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisan

Yup, it's known as securing our way of life. If you don't like our way of life, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out...

Seriously, everyone whines about a "war for oil" but yet they'll be the first to complain when they pay $10/gal for gas. Generally war is used to continue our way of life, our freedoms, etc. Any threat to that is a reason to use our military to our advantage.

-mike
I am not complaining about the 2.02 / gal gas at the gas station. I still consider that to be cheap.

Don't you feel guilty by saying I am going to secure "our way of life" at the cost of many civilian lives?

Just try saying it out loud once. Do that in time square see how many people will look at you with weird looks.

War is not free. Look at what homeland security is planning? You do know that you can be arrested secretly and be send off to middle of no where now without any trial? With people hungry for oil and military, we will still see wars for a long time to come. Should have gotten into defense industry instead of IT.

The way to cure all of the attacks is to deprive them of the needs and deprive them of $$$$....

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:51 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I have seen too many people in the world that need better life than even the homeless person in the US.

Lwin
Then Dont you agree that a war that is aimed at taking him and his followers out of power is the right thing to do?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

Then Dont you agree that a war that is aimed at taking him and his followers out of power is the right thing to do?
I never said we should not get rid of Saddam. I fully agree in doing so. I think it should have been done ages ago. But I don't believe in killing many more to preserve "our way of life." In a sense they are doing that too. They are preserving their way of life.

L
got to go. I will finish later.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Anyway...

who wants ot move to Canada or Austrailia?

ME ME ME!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: My country, right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by blackbolt94red
After you've blown up every two-bit dictator (and Larry III is right, almost every tyrant since WWII has been 'our guy') . . .
Not exactly. I think the number of tyrants set up and/or supported by the Soviets and their puppets easily equal or exceed "our guys", and my gut feel is that "their guys" have been responsible for more human misery than "our guys". I don't see the moral equivalency between Pol Pot and Ferdinand Marcos, for example.

I'm holding on to the possibility that President Bush and his advisors realize that the only way to really keep pressure on Saddam is to continue preparations to war that can be pulled back at the last moment if circumstances warrant. I don't think any real progress towards disarming Iraq will come about by having everyone give Saddam more time to think about it.

I also firmly believe that America is this planet's single greatest force for progress and good, despite the occasional misstep.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Anyway...

who wants ot move to Canada or Austrailia?

ME ME ME!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Please don't be like Alec Baldwin, standing in front of microphones proclaiming that he'd leave the country if Bush became President, then refusing to follow through when it happened.

Talk's cheap. Action counts.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

Please don't be like Alec Baldwin, standing in front of microphones proclaiming that he'd leave the country if Bush became President, then refusing to follow through when it happened.

Bush became President??? When did this happen? I thought that was just an episode of SNL they've been playing over and over.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

I most likely will when I get the resources. It'd be pretty stupid of me to quit school halfway through and go to OZ or Canada at the moment, I'll wait til I can financially afford to move. And it isn't the war thing that makes me hate this country, its the fact that it's become so inefficient, warped, and generally *****ed up. I mean, even little htings in this country are flat out wrong. The metere maids around here are driving SUVs. Why?! taxpayers just bought htem brand new EXPENSIVE ford SUVs, and we also foot the bill in their fuel expenses. How incredibly stupid. I could go on and on about the retard things that make this country stink. Originally, it was a good idea.. but I have a feeling that if washington, jackson, franklin, and jefferson were alive today they'd start a revolution.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:35 PM

What's with all the "If you don't like it, get the hell out!" comments? This is a free country, and we have a right to speak out against something we disagree with, and the right to try to change things for the better.

And don't even try to claim that we're dishonering those who died to protect our rights to oppose the upcoming war, or that we don't support our troops. I did two tours in Saudi Arabia, most of my family is either current or ex-military, and all of my friends are current or ex-military, so I know full well about serving our country and the sacrifices our troops make.

There is no valid reason to rush into a war with Iraq. If the inspections aren't working well enough, then maybe they need to backed by a bit of military power, but an all out first strike war is wrong!

As for the name calling, someone that supports killing just so they can fill up their gas tank a bit cheaper sure seems to fit the definition of a "heartless ass"

92 SVX - Sold
98 BMW M3 Sedan
89 Honda CRX Si w/B16 swap
91 Honda CRX Si
Old 03-04-2003, 02:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paisan Send a message via Yahoo to Paisan
Until you see a plane smack in to the WTC with your own 2 eyes instead of the nice pretty picket fences of Kanasas you should shut the fawk up. There is nothing you could tell me that would change my mind that evil leaders like osama and saddam should be removed with whatever means necessary. I got whacked in the head with blinds and spreadsheets from WTC while walking home, I had friends and collegues killed on 9/11. If us going into iraq and showing them that we aren't gonna put up with their BS saves 1 civilian american life on US soil in the future it is worth it to me.

-mike
Old 03-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

I most likely will when I get the resources. It'd be pretty stupid of me to quit school halfway through and go to OZ or Canada at the moment, I'll wait til I can financially afford to move. And it isn't the war thing that makes me hate this country, its the fact that it's become so inefficient, warped, and generally *****ed up. I mean, even little htings in this country are flat out wrong. The metere maids around here are driving SUVs. Why?! taxpayers just bought htem brand new EXPENSIVE ford SUVs, and we also foot the bill in their fuel expenses. How incredibly stupid. I could go on and on about the retard things that make this country stink. Originally, it was a good idea.. but I have a feeling that if washington, jackson, franklin, and jefferson were alive today they'd start a revolution.

How much do you need to leave? ... I'll start a collection...
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-04-2003, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paisan Send a message via Yahoo to Paisan
Re: Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
How much do you need to leave? ... I'll start a collection...
Hmm let's see...

Probably about $2K, maybe $3K at the most. I'm sure selling the SVX will cover it. Oh wait he's here for school, sucking down our evil knowledge so he can take it overseas. Nice.

Buying DSL to access Subaru-svx.net................................$40
Donating Money to send dumbass out of country.............$100
Seeing dumbass get on plane and turning passport/citzen papers.......PRICELESS

-mike
Old 03-04-2003, 02:20 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
!!!FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!!
BRNNNGGGG, BRNNNGGGG
WOO-OO-OO-OOOO

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 03-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Green1995SVX

Come on guys, grow up a little.

Mike
Old 03-04-2003, 02:31 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisan
Until you see a plane smack in to the WTC with your own 2 eyes instead of the nice pretty picket fences of Kanasas you should shut the fawk up. There is nothing you could tell me that would change my mind that evil leaders like osama and saddam should be removed with whatever means necessary. I got whacked in the head with blinds and spreadsheets from WTC while walking home, I had friends and collegues killed on 9/11. If us going into iraq and showing them that we aren't gonna put up with their BS saves 1 civilian american life on US soil in the future it is worth it to me.

-mike
Big talk for such a young man. We all saw it happen dude, just because you happened to be there makes you no more special than any of us. Besides, if your so hungry to go and kill people, go kill some Saudies, they're the one behind it, the ones with the deep pockets.
What ever means necessary? Should we just nuke the bastards?
Are you in the Service? Ready to go are you? With statements like "you should shut the fawk up" do you wonder why 85% of the Third World can't stand Americans?

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.