Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 10:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
A couple of things, yap yap yap

Just finished MY copy of the R&T Guide. I think I need a cigerette. A MUST read for all SVX owners and wannabees. Many new insights, like, why Larry noticed his glass seemed tinted different than mine. It apparently IS. According to the R&T Guide they had two different tints to match the different interiors.

I was actually wondering how they made that nice curve around the rear end corner. Two pieces welded and ground smooth. Beautiful!

And so many other little engineering things that where concidered, from sound to rust. It's music to a frustrated consumer/engineer's ears to hear that some engineer's actually THINK about the final product. SO many things I buy these days that I have to ask, "Did they even turn it ON!"

I noticed the rear seat in one of the author's 'sample SVX' was NOT split. What year did they change that? I know it's probably in some FAQ thing, but that brings me to the other point. Never liked 'em. I like to ask questions and have them answered by a live person. And I'm glad Mr. Pockets and Aredubjay are with me on this.

Any questions? I NOW have the R&T Guide and I have the ANSWERS! That was for you Eddycat. )

- Jeff
Old 07-06-2001, 11:30 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: A couple of things, yap yap yap

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
Any questions? I NOW have the R&T Guide and I have the ANSWERS! That was for you Eddycat. )

- Jeff
GREAT! Now you can take yer copy of R&T and go to the local Suby dealer and have that there AWS checked out!

Passive resistance...didn't resist
passive restraints....don't restrain ya until ya pull em over ya.
passive AWS...doesn't steer

One of the definitions of passive in the dictionary is...inactive, inert.
Old 07-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: A couple of things, yap yap yap

Quote:
Just finished MY copy of the R&T Guide. I think I need a cigerette. A MUST read for all SVX owners and wannabees. Many new insights, like, why Larry noticed his glass seemed tinted different than mine. It apparently IS. According to the R&T Guide they had two different tints to match the different interiors.

I was actually wondering how they made that nice curve around the rear end corner. Two pieces welded and ground smooth. Beautiful!

And so many other little engineering things that where concidered, from sound to rust. It's music to a frustrated consumer/engineer's ears to hear that some engineer's actually THINK about the final product. SO many things I buy these days that I have to ask, "Did they even turn it ON!"

I noticed the rear seat in one of the author's 'sample SVX' was NOT split. What year did they change that? I know it's probably in some FAQ thing, but that brings me to the other point. Never liked 'em. I like to ask questions and have them answered by a live person. And I'm glad Mr. Pockets and Aredubjay are with me on this.

- Jeff
Jeff. The '92 seats are not split. They're a single fold-down unit. I'm not sure when they decided to split the seats.

Yes, it's some great information, despite the "poo-pooing" of one person, who continually refers to someone's reference about the R&T Guide while continually discounting the reference cited that was written by an engineer. I, personally, prefer definition a(2).

passive
1 passive \'pa-siv\ adj [ME, fr. L passivus, fr. passus, pp.] (14c)
a
(1) : acted upon by an external agency
(2) : receptive to outside impressions or influences
b
(1) : asserting that the grammatical subject of a verb is subjected to or affected by the action represented by that verb
(2) : containing or yielding a passive verb form
c
(1) : lacking in energy or will : lethargic
(2) : tending not to take an active or dominant part
d : induced by an outside agency <~ exercise of a paralyzed leg>
a : not active or operating : inert
b : of, relating to, or making direct use of the sun's heat usu. without the intervention of mechanical devices <~ technique> <~ solar house>
c : latent
d
(1) : of, relating to, or characterized by a state of chemical inactivity; esp : resistant to corrosion
(2) : not involving expenditure of chemical energy <~ transport across a cell membrane>
e of an electronic element : exhibiting no gain or control
f : operating solely by means of the power of an input signal <a ~ communication satellite that reflects television signals>
g : relating to the detection of an object through its emission of energy
a : receiving or enduring without resistance : submissive
b : existing or occurring without being active, open, or direct <~ support>
4 : of, relating to, or being business activity in which the investor does not have immediate control over income syn see inactive _ passively adv _ passiveness n _ passivity \pa-'si-ve-te\ n
2 passive n (1530)
1 : a passive verb form
2 : the passive voice of a language
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-06-2001, 11:47 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Guys,
What is the story of the AWS?
I know they come with ACTIVE AWS in japan for limited vehicles ( and on the dash, it lights up).

I opened up my dash and where it is supposed to say AWS, it's blank. Can someone scan that part of passive AWS? Is it just for AWD cars cause I saw nothing on the FWD. There is absolutely nothing by the back wheels.

Thanks
Lwin
I see another long post reply on this one again. -- I just wanna see the scaned potion on the passive AWS.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-06-2001, 11:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Lwin. Don't start. Search for the AWS thread.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-06-2001, 12:44 PM

Aww come'mon AREDUB

You said you like these FAQ.

Or is this a ODE

Often Discussed Enigma ?
Old 07-06-2001, 12:52 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Aww come'mon AREDUB

Ugh!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Lowered SVX

randy.....

nice move posting the dictionary definition!!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-06-2001, 05:56 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Lwin. Don't start. Search for the AWS thread.
Hey! I don't think there is a darn thing wrong with not admitting you're wrong! Aredub has AWS, end of story. Of course none of the rest of us do...but he's a happy camper.

Psssst; he also has some pictures of bigfoot and nessie that he likes to show everyone. Why I bet he even has a video of a real alien autopsy!
Old 07-06-2001, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Hey! I don't think there is a darn thing wrong with not admitting you're wrong! Aredub has AWS, end of story. Of course none of the rest of us do...but he's a happy camper.

Psssst; he also has some pictures of bigfoot and nessie that he likes to show everyone. Why I bet he even has a video of a real alien autopsy!

Does that mean that Randy has a hidden lot full of yellow SVXes?
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 07-06-2001, 08:21 PM
zsvx

Re: Re: A couple of things, yap yap yap

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Jeff. The '92 seats are not split. They're a single fold-down unit. I'm not sure when they decided to split the seats.
In '94 the LSi models started the 50/50 trend. All non-LSi models are single fold-down including the 92/93 LS-L.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:01 AM
BradT

Funny .... cleaning out a filing cabinet this weekend I found the Monroney sticker for our long-departed '93 Impreza wagon. It listed passive rear steering as a feature. (Of course, it also listed "All Wheel Drive" and "four-wheel disc brakes" as features. Ha! ;*)

--Brad

(Oh, and the R&T Guide is something, isn't it? Love the photos of Giugiaro eyeing the full-size SVX mockups.)
Old 07-09-2001, 10:10 AM

Tis good to see

So there IS a Subaru document that mensions passive AWS. Great, this could explain a lot.

Can you post the EXACT words that your "Monroney" sticker uses. What's a Monroney? If that is the dealer's words than all bets are off. My dealer told me all sorts of lies when I purchased my SVX.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:41 AM

Re: Tis good to see

Quote:
So there IS a Subaru document that mensions passive AWS. Great, this could explain a lot.

Can you post the EXACT words that your "Monroney" sticker uses. What's a Monroney? If that is the dealer's words than all bets are off. My dealer told me all sorts of lies when I purchased my SVX.
NO!!!! Dealers never lie... yeah right. As long as they get the money, dealers, lawyers and HMO operate in the same manner. Oh the warranty people do that too.

This happened while I was searching for a car after my crash before the SVX.

Me: Can you make that 94 eclips a little cheaper - if it's 6k out the door, I'll take it. I am looking for v6 and it's only 4 cylc.

Dealer:What do you do Lwin?

Me: I am a student at LUC. Computer Science

Dealer: What's your GPA?

Me: 4.0 so far.

Dearler: No way! I wonder how you have that GPA since you are not thinking when you asked for a price on my car like that. (with a disbelief look on his face).

Me: I am glad you treat repeat customer that way (and walked out)

2 days later, I went back to them with my SVX. The dealer came out. I told him I got my baby for 5000 OTD. AND that I STILL have my 4.0. You should have seen the look on his face.

My dealer moment for the day.
Lwin
Old 07-09-2001, 11:13 AM
Lowered SVX

i think the whole car buying process........

is very stressful and just a mess. they make you jump through so many hoops and try to build in all these damn charges.....document fees, detailing fees, etc. we haggled a little and i think we got the car for a pretty good price but you never really know what they paid for the damn thing. they are probably making a killing. anyone ever sold cars?? i would like to know how much they make on average.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"