How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

O/T Advice for aquiring an XT6

I'm in the process of getting a free 2wd XT6 from a guy in VA. It runs and looks fine for its age and 152k. Needs tires and the drivers auto seatbelt motor. Problem is he doesn't have the title. He bought it from a buy here pay here dealer in Oregon and move to Virignia and stopped paying on it. They have a lien on the car and have the title. He owes $750 on it yet but the guy I spoke to at the dealer said they'd probably make a good deal on it for me. He's gonna speak to the owner and let me know what they'd settle it out for. What would everyone think would be a fair offer. Consider that shipping from VA to OR would be $450ish if they can even track down the car before he parts it out at the end of the month, the wholesale value of a 88 XT6 is $300 and I can just walk away and they'd get nothing out of it. Also, how can I be sure that they would sign off the lien and send me the title? Think a notorized letter stating the agreement would work? Thanks. I'm already missing the Justy and its still in my driveway.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Well, you could try calling them. Make a deal over the phone and then send a notarized letter by certified mail...

Or if you're not confident enough to make the deal over the phone, then just send the letter (certified mail, again).

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-06-2002, 10:48 AM

OT/ XT6

Oh I already called them. I'm just trying to figure out what others think is a good deal for both. Well good deal for me
Old 12-06-2002, 11:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: OT/ XT6

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Oh I already called them. I'm just trying to figure out what others think is a good deal for both. Well good deal for me
Well, you're the only one who can determine that. Offer them whatever you want - you're not going to hurt their feelings by saying, 'send me the title and I'll give you $200 for your trouble.'

Either they take it or they tell you they want more.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-06-2002, 11:39 AM

OT xt6

Heard back from the dealer. They will take $400 to settle it all out. Not bad I guess but I was hoping for $300 or lower. Might make a lower offer. Anybody out near Central Point, Or that I could have drop off a check and pick up the title for me?? It would be greatly appriciated!!! Mr. Pockets, your just mad I've gotten rid of the Justy already aren't ya? It isn't my fault. I love Justine! My wife has a cousin who needs a car real bad. Its a sob story that would make the best of you cry. Includes wife beating, child rape etc. etc.