SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
I sold the ol girl

So I sold my SVX tonight. I am really gonna miss that car. It had to go, as I really needed a car that seats five.

I did, however, replace it with another Subaru. I am now the proud owner of a 2010 WRX 5MT. Ah, its good to row my own gears again! This is my 9th Subaru!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 PM

Registered SVX
Re: I sold the ol girl

wow, sorry to hear it had to go, but it is understandable. GL with the new subaru
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

I am pretty excited right now but I already miss the SVX. Its weird going in the garage and not seeing the ol girl! I have a few odds and ends if you ever find yourself in the area you can have dude. Stay in touch!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Dang, just when we were getting a solid Florida crowd. (Just don't go selling yours now, Gene.) Best of luck with the new ride though. Sedan or hatch? I'm partial to the sedans. If you ever find yourself headed to Tampa, you can ditch any and all SVX parts at my place I'm finding myself a parts warehouse of late. Or if you find yourself craving being behind the wheel of an SVX again.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Its a sedan and its arrest me red. I prefer the 5dr hatch and silver or grey. But I did break the black car cycle I have been stuck in with the last 3 cars I have owned! The Subaru dealer had a nice '06 Leggy 2.5GT wagon but it was an auto that and I swear it was violet pearl(?). But they made me a helluva deal on the WRX. You wanna know something really funny? My wife doesn't know I bought it!!!!!!!!!!! She thinks I got the LGT wagon. Meh, it was only 7k more OTD.

Now I am having a hard time finding a hitch that will bolt on and clear an aftermarket TBE. I may just have to take it to the shop that made the exhaust for my SVX. Damn... all that money I spent last month on it! Regret that now!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Nice, real nice, post pics when you get a chance. And as much as I like the Legacy GT, I really don't like the wagons of them, so I like your choice better. Last gen LGT sedan vs new gen WRX would be a real dilemma though (easily resolved by a Legacy 3.0R ). But look at me talking like I have new car money...

And all the work you put into the SVX will just make the next owner appreciate that much more. So I'm guessing you traded it? How much did they give you for it?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Bay stayed open 2hrs late to finish the deal. This is our 4th car from them.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
I am pretty excited right now but I already miss the SVX. Its weird going in the garage and not seeing the ol girl! I have a few odds and ends if you ever find yourself in the area you can have dude. Stay in touch!
I sure will, still got your phone number I got to say that wrx looks pretty good.