Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Re: My finished exterior mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade View Post
Very rough but gives you an idea.

Wonderfully done!!!

I must admit, it looks a LOT better at that height.. Looks almost like it could be stock..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade View Post
Very rough but gives you an idea.

Looks good. I think the wing still needs more of a rounded look to "fit" the Svx. Oh well
Old 12-24-2008, 01:58 PM

I have to admit I like the photoshopped wing a lot. Side by side though I like mine a little tiny amount better.

My wing says "BAM, Im here".
The other one says "Im here and I know Ive got class".

If I had both Ide wear each 50% of the time.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxpensive View Post
I have to admit I like the photoshopped wing a lot. Side by side though I like mine a little tiny amount better.

My wing says "BAM, Im here".
The other one says "Im here and I know Ive got class".

If I had both Ide wear each 50% of the time.
Of course you like yours better.. You always will no matter how much people critisize it.. That's the point..
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
I, at least was aware. So there was no slippage. He actually ASKED if he could create a new persona for a new start, so give him a chance already. ALL OF YOU.
Fair enough
-Bill (remembering not to look back over his shoulder as he exits the city...)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Re: My finished exterior mod

Quote:
Yeah give of a chance to be a better member. I wont screw things up this time.
I wish it were 1.25" shorter but its too late now. Im done putting money into this thing. Aside from that minor height adjustment I am very, very happy with it. To me, it looks much better in person than in the picture.
Anthony

You are very welcome back. Happy Christmas man. Also you will get every support from the members in improving or changing your "persona".

Credit where it is due.

As regards your finished wing, I'm surprised to say I actually like the changes you made. It's too tall [for me anyway], but the design is good, a tasty addition to the car.

Not everybody's gonna like it, but as you like it, enjoy it. Nice job. If we all liked the same things we would bore the pants off each other.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Registered SVX

I love it....and I don't even own one of these babies....yet. Does take me back to Richard Petty's Daytona...only sleeker. I'd drive it but my wife thinks I'm already insane for looking at these cars..."I thought you were going to buy an old Outback so you could get to work when the weather was bad". What a great job.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwomack View Post
I love it....and I don't even own one of these babies....yet. Does take me back to Richard Petty's Daytona...only sleeker. I'd drive it but my wife thinks I'm already insane for looking at these cars..."I thought you were going to buy an old Outback so you could get to work when the weather was bad". What a great job.
Right, cause the SVX won't work in the snow??? Maybe she should ride in one in the snow a bit..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 PM

Registered SVX

Merry christmas too. the wing looks not to bad. i do prefer the slighty shorter photoshoped one
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Iceblade, your photoshop skills are top notch.

Your wing looks really real.

Thanks for showing me what I could have done.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to IceBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Iceblade, your photoshop skills are top notch.

Your wing looks really real.

Thanks for showing me what I could have done.
Thanks, but anyone who knows a bit about the program could do that in five minutes.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

hmmm.... Well I thought the Anthonybucanan saga had finally ceased to exist... Fresh start, I guess so...

As far as the wing, after seeing it photoshoped I'm still not completely won over. It didn't look the way I thought it would have. I think maybe with a K staff front and the shorter version of the spoiler it would be more fitting. With the round curvey look of the splitters as well as the rest of the body, I don't think it completely fits. With a K staff it would give it a more defined front and the spoiler wouldn't stand out so much and look like its screaming "HEY I'M A RICER" but... it's alright, but deff for my taste the actual is really high.

Don't take my opinions wrong, they aren't meant to cause offense. I'm all for modifications to the SVX and the car looks good and would look better if the wing was shorter, but to each their own.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

my vote for your next aesthetic mod would be some really dark tint.... I just think it'd look better... just a thought. Happy holidays!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Iceblade, just for kicks, can you photoshop the Ferrari F40 with no wing and also with your cool shorter wing ?

Thanks.

Appreciate it.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy'sSVX

Quote:
Iceblade, just for kicks, can you photoshop the Ferrari F40 with no wing and also with your cool shorter wing ?

Thanks.

Appreciate it.
Very very rough, but yeah. You get the jist.

1994 Barcelona Red LS 97,xxx miles
Mods:
- JVC Indash head unit, polk 6.5's, 6X9's, 2" tweeters, and 8" JL audio subwoofer run off of MA Audio M589I amp. Fiberglass Front splitters molded in, Shifted back stock spoiler, & repainted minor faded parts (Mirrors, rear quarter garnishes),18" murano 5-spoke wheels w/cooper zeon 2xs tires, '97 grille