Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Seedy request.

Yes Phil, I am putting in an order for one also. Is it possible everyone's pics fit on one CD?

If so, maybe we could aim for this, it would be the definitive record.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-17-2002, 12:53 AM

CD Picture Libruary

Well.........

At the moment I've got about 55Mb of pictures, these being mine, Andy's and Graham's. The pics I'm posting to my Locker are actually reduced size and edited to create the best images, that's one excuse for me taking so long to post them !!!! It also helps them download in a reasonable time. Having said that the server here seems pretty good for speed.

So even though 55Mb is only 10% of a CD, it's easier, cheeper and more robust than any other widely used media.

If anyone has any pics to add, I'd be happy to receive them, drop me an e-mail or PM. I've not done anything yet, but I guess there will have to be a cut-off date sometime.

Phil.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Richdev65

Photos are great. Yes to a CDwhen its available. I like the one thats shows my house overlooking the sea-front!! Thanks for all the adulation put on myself and Claire, its gratefully accepted. It was a pleasure to organise and made all the better for such a good turnout (British weather included ).I think Joe was the driving force,we just did what we were told!! Weve also got some fab photos ,but they are on antiquated 35 mm, so we will have to share them with you when we see you next. And `soon` couldn`t be soon enough. We would be happy to travel somewhere this year if anyones got any suggestions of a place and date. The Emerald Isle might be nice or even Lemmington Spa. A memory that will fondly stay with us of the weekend,will be the "gatecrashing" of the car show!! Very funny,but we had the best `stand` I recon,between Toyota and Honda.
Rich & Claire.

Last edited by Richdev65; 06-17-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
I have put a couple of shots in my locker, not too good quality. I will play with them later.

Andy
Old 06-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Open for Business!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Richdev65
. And `soon` couldn`t be soon enough. We would be happy to travel somewhere this year if anyones got any suggestions of a place and date. The Emerald Isle might be nice or even Lemmington Spa. A memory that will fondly stay with us of the weekend,will be the "gatecrashing" of the car show!! Very funny,but we had the best `stand` I recon,between Toyota and Honda.
Rich & Claire.
The Emerald Isle is open all summer! We have a tradition here of repelling British invasions, but we generally suspend hostilities during the Summer months. Something to do with tourist Sterling being desirable to the exchequer.

On a more serious note, anybody fancies a ramble over here, there's a big welcome, I will try and do as well as Torquay and you won't believe the price of petrol till you buy it.

As Tony is from Lemmington Spa, we will keep him away from the seafront in case his head gets a rush of the vapours. You know what salt water can do to the interior of the SVX!!

Anyone interested in a mini-meet late on in the year, I generally go over to the Classic Car Show in Birmingham in November. Be happy to meet any of the SVX crew there, but I would not be expecting an SVX stand for 10 or 20 years or so. Rich can get a good copy of the Club Logo. We could be moving on with the souvenir, if we expect to post anything to the States for July.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-18-2002, 01:52 AM

Re: Open for Business!!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Anyone interested in a mini-meet late on in the year, I generally go over to the Classic Car Show in Birmingham in November. Be happy to meet any of the SVX crew there, but I would not be expecting an SVX stand for 10 or 20 years or so.
Joe
Mini-meet ?? Oh, now I understand. . Interest light came on bright for a moment there !!

Not a bad idea though Joe !! Hmmm, SVX club stand amongst all the MG, TR and Healeys.

Phil.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Phil,

I would be interested, but first I have to get the amphibious kit from SVXIT. Then I can drive over. The only problem is that my steering wheel is on the left side of the car ( I have one of the colonial models).

Larry III
Old 06-18-2002, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Phil,

I would be interested, but first I have to get the amphibious kit from SVXIT. Then I can drive over. The only problem is that my steering wheel is on the left side of the car ( I have one of the colonial models).

Larry III
Hmmmm, I've had a think about that Larry. Short of getting MI5 to convert your SVX to James Bond spec al la Lotus Esprit, I guess we could use the suggested twin H6 quad turbo engine from the other forum and convert to a hovercraft !!

I seem to remember all the drivers school cars here have dual controls, at least for the pedals anyway, so you could sit the right side (sic) but not have control of where the wheels point.............

Phil.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Phil,

Jimmy B's Lotus was rigged for underwater driving. The SVX Amphibious Kit, P/N #34872-JFX-067-GLUBGLUB, is for surface driving only.

Or to paraphrase a very famous prize fighter (pugilist);
"Floats like a butterfly, sinks like a stone".

Larry III
Old 06-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Digit eyes

Have sent my APS stuff off today for conversion to jpegs. should have a Cd of all photos early next week.

I can upload some of the better ones, there are a few worthwhile, and we can put all photos on the one CD like Phil suggests.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Photos on the web

Have just got my jpegs back, and have posted a lot of them to my personal locker.

Some are nice, some are even good, and if anyone wants copies of any, maybe the convoy ones, as I was bringing up the rear, then I also have high resolution versions I can send to you. Be warned, they are huge, but if you want one....

I have still some undeveloped in the 35mm. They are usually good, but I won't presume till I see them.

Phil, I have this lot on one CD. I may be able to add the 35mm set to it also. If it is then useful to post you the CD for inclusion, I will do so. Let me know what works best.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-19-2002, 03:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Thanks for the CD Joe, some really nice pics. The car in front of you in the convoy looks really cool.

Still managing to hold on to the SVX at the moment. Things are really tight and will be for a few months yet, hope I can hang in there.

Andy

Piston broke
Old 07-20-2002, 03:30 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
No butts

Yes Andy

Some nice shots of the rear of your Silver Surfer. Do hope you can hang on to it. Cars ARE only cars at the end of the day, but these are more worthwhile than most. They take a load of pressure off you because of the reserve of capability, and the comfort, or they can add to the fun factor if you are in the mood.

Sent Phil a set also, but I am not sure he is back from Japan yet. We could then make a full and catalogued CD from the pics, assuming all who have taken shots have forwarded for inclusion.

See you soon

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-23-2002, 05:01 AM
Phil & Belha

Photo's at last

We've finally got around to picking out the best of our photos from the meet and scanning them. I've just uploaded them into our personal locker.

We've also transferred the video footage onto our PC, but at 172 Megabytes, it's a bit large to upload here. I'll contact Phil Hill and see if he has space for it on the CD.

Phil & Belha.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:31 AM

Pics

Hi everyone

Just to keep you in the picture, I've been off-line for a while, actually I'm in Japan at the moment, with work I hasten to add...... And I've seen one SVX/Acylone while I've been here so can't be bad. Anyway, I've got most pictures from folks who attended the meet, just Phil and Bella to get now. Once I've got their pics I will collate and burn Cd's. All who were at the meet are entitled to a copy, for those who haven't sent me their address please do so. And the others outside the UK who expressed an interest, don't worry I'll send a copy to you FOC, please be a little more patient with me.

Best regards

Phil.