Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 04:16 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Thumbs up Almost famous!

Hey! I got a picture of my SVX as the club picture on the Yahoo site! *Now* I feel special. (That's why they call me ED).
Old 05-18-2001, 05:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Don't look now folks but all those arch villians driving hulking SUV's better beware !

IT'S EDDYCAT !!!!

Disguised as an out of work, dumb-ass mechanic from Ideeehooo, dressed only in a green bathrobe, and armed only with a glass of amber liquid; he protectects the rights of the downtrodden and mechanically inept from the obfuscators of the truth. Using his electric blue SVX-mobile and aided by his faithful companion Toopid he fights for "Truth, justice and the American way"!!!

Larry III

Old 05-18-2001, 06:28 AM
lightning_8669

WOW! I have GOT to start drinking earlier

Amber liquid huh? Last time I saw specimen like that we had to shoot the horse. Of course once the horse was gone we bought an SVX. There's days.......
Old 05-18-2001, 06:49 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<WOW! I have GOT to start drinking earlier>>

Welcome to my world.

<<*Now* I feel special. (That's why they call me ED).>>

Special ED. Hmmm. It has a good ring to it.

Special Ed & Toopid. Champions of the fight...

Oh hell, I could go on for days, but I know JP will continue this much betterer than I can.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-18-2001, 06:57 AM
lightning_8669

Special ED and Toopid, two short busers, partners for life. Watch out all you crooked dealers, the truth is out there. Nothing like trying to go under cover in something as inconspicuous as an SVX. No one will ever notice you in THAT! Of course, the green bathrobe and earthy aroma will help you blend in to the natural surroundings. (roll X-Files theme music)
Old 05-18-2001, 07:44 AM

<<Special ED and Toopid, two short busers, partners for life. Watch out all you crooked dealers>>

The scene starts with the morning fog over the parking lot. Wait! That's not fog, its smoke from an SVX tranny going South. An unsuspecting SVX owner rolls onto the dealership lot RPMs at 4500 and the car inching along at 5 MPH bellowing white smoke out from underneath.

In the distance you see someone pry open the mini blinds from the dealership window and peer out. A sinister grin pulls across his face. He walks out of the dealership and calmly says "Hmmm... That'll be $4600". The SVX Owner shrieks in horror but hands over the keys feeling without options.

What's that in the distance? A Laguna Blue dot is getting bigger and bigger. Its coming closer and closer. Who is this and what will they do?

Take it John...
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 05-18-2001, 08:35 AM
lightning_8669

Nice segue

The Blue Beast sails into the parking lot, sending sparks from the front tie downs as it bounces up the entrance ramp. Toopid leaps from the opened split window and immediately urinates on the surprised mechanics foot. Out stumbles our hero, Eddycat2000, dumba$$ mechanic. He has a wet stain in the crotch of his pants where his breakfast cocktail (Black Velvet, breakfast of champs and heroes the world over) spilled in his haste to save the unwary customer.

He approaches the pair, walking carefully to avoid the long robe blowing around is feet. "You call yourself a mee-can-ick?(hick). You couldn't wrench your way out of a soiled Depends!!" he says, while sloshing his drink in the mechanics face. "Can't you tell that some idiot emptied the trans and overfilled the oil at some lame-o quick change oil place???" And to our oh so grateful customer he says "I wouldn't let this sh$@ for brains jerk-o-matic wrench fondler polishhhh my lug nutsssshhhh!!!".

"Toopid!!!?? Where the hell are ya?" Toopid is actively burying a piece of poop in the planter box outside the crooked dealership. Eddycat tosses him the keys. Eddy instructs him, "I've already drank my lunch and dinner for the day and it's only 9:05 in the morning, you drive!". With Toopid at the controls our heroes cruise serenely out of sight.

The customer snatches his keys back from the stunned mee-can-ick and says "Go wash your shoes".

After the customer leaves in a cloud of smoke the mee-can-ick says "Phew, boy, am I glad THAT'S over" and looks at his shoes shaking his head.

Doug?
Old 05-18-2001, 08:52 AM

The now weary SVX owner nurses his near trannyless SVX to the next shop down the road. It is an independant shop with half raped buicks and fords along the fence.

Cletus stumbles out of the shop in amazement. "I've always wanted to work on one of these here Izuzus." The owner cringes and says "ITS A SUBARU!" Cletus responds "A Subaru? wow this is your lucky day. I've got me a here Legacy that was totaled from behind. I can pull out the tranny and pop it in yurs fer 500 dollars."

The owner thinks for a moment and says "Doesn't the Legacy have some differences that will keep it from working in an SVX?" "Huh?" Responds Cletus. The owner says " Isn't the gearing different in a Legacy?" Cletus comforts him "Naw, it'll bolt right up. I did one for a guy from Ken-Tuk-EE a few years back. No problems since. Although I did hear he sold it after I dun fixed it fer him to some cigar smokin guy"

The owner feels better and says "Well if you think it'll fit, go ahead" as he hands over the keys.

Off in the distance we see the fimiliar blue dot on the horizon...

Ohhhhh Johhhhhn, your turn...
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 05-18-2001, 09:11 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Disguised as an out of work, dumb-ass mechanic from Ideeehooo, dressed only in a green bathrobe, and armed only with a glass of amber liquid;
Jeez, all I did was say that my car's picture was on the yahoo site!

Oh, and Larry, as I sit here at 8:15 am, wearing my green bathrobe, sucking on a doral, (can't afford Marlboros anymore), sipping on my first velvet and water for the day...it ain't a disguise.

And fellas, please, his *name* isn't toopid, he just is toopid! His name is Eddy.
Old 05-18-2001, 09:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Talking

Hilarious!!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-18-2001, 09:34 AM
lightning_8669

<<And fellas, please, his *name* isn't toopid, he just is toopid! His name is Eddy. >>

And we were having SUCH a good time! Dorals huh? I used to smoke Marlboros too. About 17 years ago. 2-3 packs a day. Wish I would have saved all that money. Maybe then I could actually AFFORD this car.

What should we do now guys?

The scene, Toopid (aka Eddy Jr.) pulls the Blue Beast expertly to a halt at the wary customer's side. Eddy Sr, our hero, barfs a pints worth of BV out the rear passenger side window. "Dog HOUSE!! I got a generator in a DOG HOUSE I TELL YA!!" Toopid glances at his master, leaps through the open window, time seems to stand still as the world waits for the cat to do his trick. Instead, Toopid scratches a pattern in the dirt at Cletus' and the customer's feet. Toopid leaps back in the Blue Beast and speeds away, Eddy in the back seat pulling directly from the bottle. The customer and Cletus look at the pattern in the dirt, it resembles nothing more than a potato. What could it mean? In the distance, a coyote howls.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:54 AM
Lowered SVX

nice.....

very nice work guys, but you are definitely nuts! poor eddycat!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 05-18-2001, 11:05 AM
lightning_8669

<<poor eddycat!>>

Huh? Wuh? Poor eddycat?

Okay, you can have at me if you like, hell, I'll even join in.
Old 05-20-2001, 12:57 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Leave the site for a couple of days and this is what happens. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Just exactly where am I going . . . and what am I doing in this handcart?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-21-2001, 06:18 AM
lightning_8669

<<and what am I doing in this handcart? >>

Aredub, try to think of it as a new form of public transportation. The beauty is you don't need a license to drive it! Besides, you must have known it would only be a matter of time before me and Doug got together "over here"

Happy Monday by the way.