Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
Talking Another cop story

I was doing 50-55 on a long strech of road. The speed limit was 30. I saw the cop facing toward me on my side of the road. I step on the brakes and the font end dipped. I slowed down to 40 he was following me for like 300 ft. then turned on the lights. I pulled over and got everything ready (License, reg, insurance and a PBA). I put the PBA on top. Then I rolled down the window. The funny part is he came up to the window and it looked like he was waiting for me to open it... Because of the top half, then I said Hi officer, and he said license and registration and it was the usual from there and he let me go. It was my first time.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Was that you?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 01-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
What's a PBA? The fact that you "put it on top" of your documents gives me the idea that it contributed to you getting let go even after nearly doubling the speed limit.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Patrolman Benevolent Association. It is a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" us NY cops give to family/close friends to show the officer to give a little courtesy to family members.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
What's a PBA? The fact that you "put it on top" of your documents gives me the idea that it contributed to you getting let go even after nearly doubling the speed limit.
same thing with military IDs... they are like a license to drive like an a$$ hat without any penalty until you kill one of my friends

devils advocate....
we also have one road here that it is expected for you to do double the speed limit. the 15mph sign looks much older than an other sign in town, i don't know why they don't just change it... ther is NO reason to go that slow there and even cops will do 30-35 through it with you and it isn't unusual
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Locker Link Solution

sorry for making that comment, i really should move on from that...

the window thing from your story is pretty
I can imagine him standing there like "c'mon kid, roll it down already"
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:42 AM

I went through a license-check roadblock the other day and after the cop checked my plate and handed back my documents, he eyed the car for a moment and said: [insert stereotypically syrupy southern drawl]

Now I jus' got one more question fer ya... WHAT is up with these here winders?

dcb
Old 01-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
Patrolman Benevolent Association. It is a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" us NY cops give to family/close friends to show the officer to give a little courtesy to family members.
Thanks, that's along the lines I was thinking, I just couldn't place the initials into it.

My relatives in Cleveland carry similar cards as my uncle is retired CPD.

Have heard that about Military ID as well. I worked with a guy that told the story of how he was doing 95 down the freeway and got pulled over. The trooper let him go when he glanced in and saw his short haircut and a Marine dress uniform laying on the front seat. Funny thing was, this guy was just delivering the uniform to his uncle from the cleaners and wasn't even in the military.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-03-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
Was that you?
LO(F-ing)L

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
sorry for making that comment, i really should move on from that...

the window thing from your story is pretty
I can imagine him standing there like "c'mon kid, roll it down already"
LOL, the speed limit was 30 and it said under it "STRICKLEY INFORCED". I pass there for months and I never seen one damn cop on it. And I was thinking that when I passed it.

Not only that It looks like a drag strip. Like a over a 1/4 mile. How can you have an SVX and not speed? (U guys know what I mean)

I would have posted that SVX magazine ad that said You'll get speeding tickets. Can't find it tho.

"I can imagine him standing there like "c'mon kid, roll it down already"

You should have seen his face he looked puzzled.............uuuuhhh
But he was nice tho, unlike some ball bustin' cops.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
I went through a license-check roadblock the other day and after the cop checked my plate and handed back my documents, he eyed the car for a moment and said: [insert stereotypically syrupy southern drawl]

Now I jus' got one more question fer ya... WHAT is up with these here winders?

dcb
LOL, reminds me of Buford T. Justice from "Smokey and the Bandit"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Happy Owner
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to EdfromSF Send a message via Yahoo to EdfromSF
Registered SVX
I have been follwed once and pulled over once.

When i was pulled over i was doing about 70 in a 55 coming back from Yosemite. It was either the local Sheriff or the California Highway Patrol they followed me about a mile or so and never pulled me over. I figure they ran my plates made sure they were no violations on record and did a search of my name.

The Second story i was driving about 3 weeks ago here in the city going through the fillmore when a Jaguar with no turnsignals going about 10 mph under the speed limit all of a sudden slams on his brakes and starts to make a left turn. Me being the annoyed drive that i was went around them i guess with a lil to much gas and since it had been raining my tires squealed and un known to me there was a SFPD black and white across the street. He pulled a U-turn came up behind me and pulled me over about 2 blocks later in a bus zone. He asked me what that was all about told him hand over all my info told him i work for the City as an Inspector and went back to his car came back and told me to have a good day. I told all my buddies at work they all got a kick out of it.

Ed

1992 Subaru SVX Touring Peacock Blue (Sold)
2002 Subaru Outback VDC Cream on Gold (Sold)
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
I was doing 50-55 on a long strech of road. The speed limit was 30. I saw the cop facing toward me on my side of the road. I step on the brakes and the font end dipped. I slowed down to 40 he was following me for like 300 ft. then turned on the lights. I pulled over and got everything ready (License, reg, insurance and a PBA). I put the PBA on top. Then I rolled down the window. The funny part is he came up to the window and it looked like he was waiting for me to open it... Because of the top half, then I said Hi officer, and he said license and registration and it was the usual from there and he let me go. It was my first time.
I don't want to sound too preachy, esp as Paul has said nothing, but I hope in the spirit of the PBA card you have that you don't drive like a prat just because you have it. The law is the law and most limits are up there for a reason.

One dark night I got pulled in the SVX here in Ireland. It was common for the police to practically stick their head in the window of the car, having a smell to see if you had been drinking. Yep,, he tried to.

He hit the upper glass such a bang with his head I got worried for his health. When he recovered, he just checked my documents, asked me the questions and let me go. I hadn't been drinking, of course, and everything was legal anyway.

However, it might make the wrong guy angry, thinking you had not let down the window.

One to watch. It was funny at the time, but I felt really sorry for the guy. There was nothing I could have done, I was not expecting him to try and get into the car.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM

it was last night the first time i was pulled over in my svx , for my lights not bieng on,when he saw me at least i was headign home from work and had forgotten , i thought for sure i was royaly screwed as i was speeding just a minute earlier, but he let the lights go but told me my insurance card was out of date so now i have to goto court and provide proof of insurance that scared me enough not to speed for a while i was 80 in a 40
Old 01-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I actually got pulled over once just so the cop could ask me about my SVX.

Oh my god was that scary! I thought for sure I was getting a ticket for something! Then he comes walking up and starts asking me about my SVX, he told me he had seen them back when they first came out but then afterwards, didnt hear anything about them so he was suprised to see one up close finally.

I deffinetly felt ALOT better about the rest of my day, after a scare like that and then getting out of it, nothing will upset you.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company