Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Registered SVX
This is one of the cheaper ones at the moment...

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/SU...&pp=1&d=0&nv=1

Needs some TLC apparently...wonder what exactly?

Anybody from Sydney want to go have a look?

Matt
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt
wonder what exactly?
My guess would be the transmission......!

I am sorely tempted to buy that one - if only for parts!!!

I might check it out this weekend!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 11-15-2006, 07:16 PM

Registered SVX
Jason,

Let me know if you do go please.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX
I am sorely tempted to buy that one - if only for parts!!!
Me three. Let us know what it is like, Jason. If you get yerself some parts-on-wheels, you and I are going to talk!
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Well, I went over on Saturday morning to have a look..........

The first thing that I noticed is that the paint and panels are in suprisingly good condition - it could do with a wash though.....!

However, the panel between the headlights was badly faded, a lot of paint was missing from the rear bumper, and the rubber trim around the doors was starting to fall apart!

Overall, the exterior was not bad at all - but the interior was a mess!

The bottom cushion of the driver's seat was torn all the way across, the handbrake and shift lever were badly worn, the hand grips on the door panels were very dirty - as were the sun visors and the headlining!

ALL FOUR of the power window switches on the driver's side were broken, as was the passenger side one!!

The reclining lever for the passenger seat was broken, and somebody had tried to re-attach it by forcing a large bolt through the handle!

As one would expect, the sun visors were starting to droop, and it appeared that the wiring for the illuminated vanity mirrors was already broken.

Unfortunately, the SVX was buried up the back of the yard, so I was not able to drive it - but judging by the state of the interior, I believe that it has had a hard life - especially considering that it has only done just over 200,000 km!

I am still wondering whether it would be useful to me for parts.......

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 PM

Registered SVX
I'd offer him $3k...that's the value of an expensive front cut, and as a worst case, it's about all you'd probably be able to do with it.

The availability of interior pieces is pretty limited, so it's a bit of a basket case really.

You could stump up a story of it being about $5-$10k (not unreasonable if you price some of the new pieces) to fix it on a car that's got a market price of about $8k.

Based on what I've seen recently of the market, he's paid a max of about $3k despite what he'll probably tell you.

Matt
Old 11-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Mr Soob

The rubber trim disintegrating is actually a bit of a worry. It has seen some crook times if that's happening.

Matt is on the right track. It's about the value of a half-cut, as the rest of the car is pretty useless to anyone. The high km's pretty much means that using the engine and gearbox is going to involve a rebuild - and that's throwing money at something that was originally designed to save you money, kind of defeating the purpose.

I need some interior parts due to some light modifications I would like to do to my car, but there is no chance I'll be forking out that sort of money for that one. The problem is the fact that I'd end up with a couple of trailer loads of parts that I would need to spend more on, or can't get rid of.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
Old 11-20-2006, 04:20 PM

Registered SVX
McTaff...what interior bits?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Mr Soob

Quote:
McTaff...what interior bits?
I need the rear carpet out of the boot, and if possible the entire boot lining (but not really necessary).

I need parts of the dash and centre: The cover under the dash/steering column on the drivers' side (the velvet part) is one of my real needs, and as a secondary, if I can get my hands on the centre console assembly all the way to the radio, that'd be handy too.

My original plan was to try and get a half cut or something to get the entire dash, as parts of my dash are a little ragged from numerous rough hands pulling the radio out - the double DIN cage itself won't line up perfectly, and the inside of the dashboard itself where the din cage slides in and out has been poorly treated.

-----

I have a side project too. Nearly all of the SVX's I've seen have the velvet linings faded from grey to a dull purple.

I was going to try to get all of the door trims, the passenger side glove box upper area and that part under the steering column I was talking about (the entire velvet interior part, that is) and work on getting that all recovered and re-trimmed so I can swap them over in my own vehicle (and have the originals as spares). At the same time they get recovered, I was going to work on getting patterns made up for those velvet inserts so if anyone needed new inserts, they'd only have to yell out to me to get a loan of the pattern for their upholsterer to use.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Registered SVX
Bummer...all of that's at the tip.

Matt
Old 11-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Quote:
Bummer...all of that's at the tip.

Matt
Luke i am you father..........Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 12-10-2006, 08:03 PM

Registered SVX
did anybody ever get out to have a look at this car?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: