How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-09-2002, 08:31 PM
gcookaustin

Auto Warranties

I am about to purchase a 4 year warranty for the SVX after I get it checked out. It used to be a fleet vehicle (unbeknownst to me until right before I purchased it) and the warranty co. wants me to send them a satisfactory report before the warranty will start. They will pay for the inspection provided I purchase the warranty, with the car being okay or fixing the things that aren't. It covers the powertrain (engine and trans) and other things like steering, air conditioning, power window motors, etc. For about $1000, does that sound like a good deal?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:36 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Auto Warranties

Quote:
Originally posted by gcookaustin
I am about to purchase a 4 year warranty for the SVX after I get it checked out. It used to be a fleet vehicle (unbeknownst to me until right before I purchased it) and the warranty co. wants me to send them a satisfactory report before the warranty will start. They will pay for the inspection provided I purchase the warranty, with the car being okay or fixing the things that aren't. It covers the powertrain (engine and trans) and other things like steering, air conditioning, power window motors, etc. For about $1000, does that sound like a good deal?
dur, sounds sweet to me! where can i get one?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:48 PM
gcookaustin

I think extendedautowarrantycorp.com and warrantywizard.com are selling the same warranty. The basic price starts at 600 dollars or something, with 100 dollar deductible and that's for either one year or two (don't remember). For each additional year and 12,000 miles, add a hundred dollars. For a $0 deductible, add a hundred dollars. For AWD (like most of us), add a hundred dollars. Warranty Wizard is offering round-trip airfare if you sign up with them. The company that actually administers the warranty is http://www.platinumwarrantycorp.com
Old 04-09-2002, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
To get those warranties, the car needs to be stock and kept stock right?
Old 04-09-2002, 10:18 PM
gcookaustin

It excludes "Vehicles modified from the manufacturer's original specifications." I think that there is some degree of freedom in that though...
Old 04-10-2002, 12:32 AM
0260N4

I have one of these warranties, purchased it from a dealer when I bought my SVX. I have not had the chance to use it yet but it is very comprehensive. Cost about $1300 for 24 month/24k miles so I think you are getting a good deal. You do not have to keep the car stock (I havent) but realize that anything you modify will not be covered by the warranty. So make sure to have it professionally done or be damn sure you know what you are doing. I really like the peace of mind that it provides, I almost hope my tranny will go out before it expires (no not really). But at least it covers my wheel bearings too...