Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 08:49 AM

Taking a look at his trap speed I feel the sc is putting out more torque than hp like the old grand nationals 245hp/345ftlbs of torque,good 1/4 times low mph.I love the sc cars but I like he higher trap speeds of nitrous.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Locker Link Solution

pretty sure svxfiles wields the auto sc
but it is also a 4.44 I believe

Yeah, they are really doing great. I wanna see one of these things run in person.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
You guys are doing great with those supercharged cars who has one with the auto tranny that car may see a better time and higher trap speed,my hat still goes off I MAY GO BLOWER now,well the first fwd blown svx with nitrous,it will be a just for show.

Actually mine was the first FWD Blow SVX, a bit later it became the first NWD (no wheel drive) Blow SVX
Old 05-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
tom lets not start guessing

lets see what it does and not assume anything untill he does,

but hi 13s is definatly right around the corner,

trapping another 10mph is very very hard to do and takes lots of power 95 to 105

going from 15 psi to 21 psi i only traped another 5-6 mph
Who is guessing?? I know what is going on with his car and where he is losing power. Once his belt slip issues are fixed and he gets his finalized software, he will be trapping well over 100mph.. If I can trap an N/A @96 he will trap much high than myself

Tom
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Who is guessing?? I know what is going on with his car and where he is losing power. Once his belt slip issues are fixed and he gets his finalized software, he will be trapping well over 100mph.. If I can trap an N/A @96 he will trap much high than myself

Tom

tom facts !! not guessing, there is no time slip of him trapping over 100 mph so your guessing or estimating

facts =time slips
all else is Irrelevant

its like me saying my wrx runs 12.50 @ 115 @ 26 psi i know it could do, it but im not saying it does i only state the facts

i think he can do it, it will be a great accomplishment but until then he has some work cut out for him
Old 05-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
actually the cobra guys see another 10mph on their trap speed just from adding a tensioner to their supercharger belt and eliminating the belt slip they have from factory. Belt slip really kills performance and Mike was obviously having worse belt slip during his runs than the typical cobra does. There is really no reason he should be getting traps of 95. He should be well into the 100s.

Also Mike doesn't have the final software yet, as I haven't made it. I asked him which of the software he wanted from my dyno tuning session and he said the one from the green plot. That's what i sent him and he's running. It doesn't perform well above 4800 rpms and from what I understand he is now running high rpms and even bumping off the 7400 rpm rev limit.

With the new belt routing and the final software he will gain a lot more than 10 mph on his trap speed and do a lot better than high 13's for an et.

Quote:
tom lets not start guessing

lets see what it does and not assume anything untill he does,

but hi 13s is definatly right around the corner,

trapping another 10mph is very very hard to do and takes lots of power 95 to 105

going from 15 psi to 21 psi i only traped another 5-6 mph
Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
actually the cobra guys see another 10mph on their trap speed just from adding a tensioner to their supercharger belt and eliminating the belt slip they have from factory. Belt slip really kills performance and Mike was obviously having worse belt slip during his runs than the typical cobra does. There is really no reason he should be getting traps of 95. He should be well into the 100s.

Also Mike doesn't have the final software yet, as I haven't made it. I asked him which of the software he wanted from my dyno tuning session and he said the one from the green plot. That's what i sent him and he's running. It doesn't perform well above 4800 rpms and from what I understand he is now running high rpms and even bumping off the 7400 rpm rev limit.

With the new belt routing and the final software he will gain a lot more than 10 mph on his trap speed and do a lot better than high 13's for an et.
i can see him breaking in the 13s hi 13s but trapping over 100 mph will be a diffrent story, gaining 10 mph takes alot of power, but it can be done

there was a article i read once for every 1 mph in traps takes XX hp to do, i dont rember the exact hp number but i am guessing around 10 hp per mph maybe? again this is just guessing

if he traps 105 or higher drinks are on me

longass my next trip over to tamp "30 min drive" from orlando maybe you can do some work on the svx for me,

Last edited by solarsvx; 05-23-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Just some dude.

If you want to get a blower now is the time. We are only doing two for the 2nd batch and we're going to put in our order for compressors as soon as we get the two orders. You can expect much better 1/4 mile times but you should convert to an automatic awd if you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
You guys are doing great with those supercharged cars who has one with the auto tranny that car may see a better time and higher trap speed,my hat still goes off I MAY GO BLOWER now,well the first fwd blown svx with nitrous,it will be a just for show.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Just some dude.

I'm pretty confident he will. I have a fairly good handle on what his car should be doing and what needs to be done so that it does it. At high rpms with the 9 lb pulley he'll be around 400hp. Although the powerband is a different shape than the stage 2 nitrous system which trapped in the high teens he'll be getting close to the same level. He should definitely trap high hundreds if not low teens.

Quote:
i can see him breaking in the 13s hi 13s but trapping over 100 mph will be a diffrent story, gaining 10 mph takes alot of power, but it can be done

there was a article i read once for every 1 mph in traps takes XX hp to do, i dont rember the exact hp number but i am guessing around 10 hp per mph maybe? again this is just guessing

Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 PM

I choose the green plot for because I wanted good power for passing traffic, which it has. I'm not disappointed in the set-up at all. I'm draging the car to give everyone an idea where the system currently stands. I dont intend on drag racing much, I'm more of an auto cross guy, and I only do that every couple of months and I use the Spec-V for that. (although I am getting to enjoy the strip a little.) Just wish I could make more than 2 passes a day. I could do alot better with more runs. I shaved off .260 seconds off between my first and second runs. The video is from my first run, the second run I did was a solo run. (noone in the other lane).

I also forgot to mention that on the quicker run I wasnt able to get around the the burnout puddle. I had to run through some of the water, which I'm sure was partly responsible for my wheel spin.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
How about you shut up for a year?

Tom
Old 05-23-2006, 12:58 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
How about you shut up for a year?

Tom

and how abought you act 21 not 11

Last edited by solarsvx; 05-23-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 PM

Play nice you two. We dont need any flame posts in my threads.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 PM

Registered SVX
sorry mike

i wish you the best
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I think the piece that's missing here is the aero effects at higher speeds. While the SVX is fairly "slippery", the laws of physics still apply
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker