How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 05-19-2006, 11:20 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Dragon 2006 NASIOC Subaru Meet....

Sorry for the late post... The 5th annual Dragon Subaru meet is going to happen next weekend (Memorial Day weekend)...

Here is the info (linked to NASIOC)...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=905963

I will be there and I hope to see a few more SVXi there as well

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Might want to add this is NOT the ALCYONE Dragon meet, this is the Impreza Meet.

The Alcyone (SVX and XT) meet is June 9th-11th at the Dragon.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-20-2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Might want to add this is NOT the ALCYONE Dragon meet, this is the Impreza Meet.

Hmmm, well consider this as "practice"... Come up and meet the SouthEast NASIOC guys one weekend... About 12 days later, go back and meet the SVX guys

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-20-2006, 12:58 PM

SVXfiles, you should come to the Dragon meet... You're in WV and could probably caravan down with someof the NASIOC guys I know Porter is up there in Salem, VA now... Oh, I'd beable to give you your pully then too .... It's still on the alternator

Old 05-23-2006, 09:31 PM

No one is interested??? Only 2 days away now... Common, come and mingle with the "other" side of the Subaru family

There is gonna be a Pig Roast and BBQ on Saturday, and Beer, and Video Games, a whole bunch of things... I think some guys were even looking to go Jet Skiing, Rafting, and Fishing... Hope atleast someone goes...

The official SVX list at the moment is:

Porter
Arondale
GreenMarineSVX

Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
No one is interested??? Only 2 days away now... Common, come and mingle with the "other" side of the Subaru family

There is gonna be a Pig Roast and BBQ on Saturday, and Beer, and Video Games, a whole bunch of things... I think some guys were even looking to go Jet Skiing, Rafting, and Fishing... Hope atleast someone goes...

The official SVX list at the moment is:

Porter
Arondale
GreenMarineSVX

I'd love to go Chris, but I have a ton of things to get done on my SVX and XT6 before the Alcyone Meet there which is only 2 weeks from Friday.....so my next 2 weekends are booked....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Well, I'll post pics from the meet... The GF and I are looking to fill up both our 512mb memory cards on her 5.0mega pixel camera... Should be atleast 380 pictures

See if any of ya feel bad for not wanting to come after those go up

Old 05-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:

I am sort of new to this event so what is this about, events and so forth, and how many do show up in there SVX, I am thinking about going if someone can fill me in on what happens at this event, is there different age groups. I am a senior citizen but still like to go about and see the old and the new additions on these auto's,
Thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ4U2
I am sort of new to this event so what is this about, events and so forth, and how many do show up in there SVX, I am thinking about going if someone can fill me in on what happens at this event, is there different age groups. I am a senior citizen but still like to go about and see the old and the new additions on these auto's,
Thanks

At the June Alcyone meet there will be a wide array of ages represented, where as the Nasioc meet is "mostly" younger people.

I myself am 41, and my daughter (17) will be there driving my SVX, while I drive my XT6, we'd be more than happy to have you, regaurdless of your age, as we'll all be friendly, and we'll all have something in common (a love for a couple of Subarus unusual cars )

As for activities, we don't have a set scedule, but it usually goes something like...
Friday hang out around the resort checking out each others cars, and waiting for the straglers to make it in...maybe a pass or 2 across the Dragon....and maybe a drive to Robbinsville for a bite to eat.
Sat. usually a group drive across the Cerahola <sp?> Skyway to Tellicao Plains, (Usually eat lunch there)and back around and across the Dragon back to Fontana Village Resort.
Then Group pictures, with all the cars, parked on the baseball field
then a cookout Sat Night, and lots of bench racing around the fire.
Sundy, Mostly breakfast, then people start leaving as some have further to travel than others.

There is always time to do some of your own thing, make several Dragon Runs, or drive the "Hellbender" section of Hwy 28, go to view some of the local Dams, and nature trails...there are stables to rent horses, more than I can fit in this space, and more than you can fit into a weekend if you like the outdoors...

I may have to post this into the Alcyone Thread to drm up some more interest....

Hope you decide to make it.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 05-28-2006, 08:17 PM

Thanks

Quote:
At the June Alcyone meet there will be a wide array of ages represented, where as the Nasioc meet is "mostly" younger people.

I myself am 41, and my daughter (17) will be there driving my SVX, while I drive my XT6, we'd be more than happy to have you, regaurdless of your age, as we'll all be friendly, and we'll all have something in common (a love for a couple of Subarus unusual cars )

As for activities, we don't have a set scedule, but it usually goes something like...
Friday hang out around the resort checking out each others cars, and waiting for the straglers to make it in...maybe a pass or 2 across the Dragon....and maybe a drive to Robbinsville for a bite to eat.
Sat. usually a group drive across the Cerahola <sp?> Skyway to Tellicao Plains, (Usually eat lunch there)and back around and across the Dragon back to Fontana Village Resort.
Then Group pictures, with all the cars, parked on the baseball field
then a cookout Sat Night, and lots of bench racing around the fire.
Sundy, Mostly breakfast, then people start leaving as some have further to travel than others.

There is always time to do some of your own thing, make several Dragon Runs, or drive the "Hellbender" section of Hwy 28, go to view some of the local Dams, and nature trails...there are stables to rent horses, more than I can fit in this space, and more than you can fit into a weekend if you like the outdoors...

I may have to post this into the Alcyone Thread to drm up some more interest....

Hope you decide to make it.
I am planning to be there has of right now, I would like to meet up with some of you.s and look at the new and old additions on these vehicles, i got 1992 lsl so i should be there with it, thanks for the info.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:13 PM

Back from the NASIOC Dragon meet... I have some special pictures for youguys that I will be sure to post up... However, at the moment I have alot of homework that I need to finish .... I'm gonna have to go through them and crop and resize them so I can post them all up for everyone to see, not just those on a cable connection...

Old 05-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Oh, on a side note.... I turned 99,000 miles on the way back from the Dragon .... It was bound to happen .... It will probably be another 2 months atleast before I break the 100,000 mark because I really don't drive all that much here in Raleigh

Old 05-29-2006, 06:46 PM

Glad you had a good time Chris, and glad you're home safe (as is your SVX )
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed