Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Jaundice76

im not even sure.. considering i payed 3500 for it back in october plus invested around 2k in repairs that didnt work i have noooo idea lol, cars have been occupying me the past couple months and lately i have been lookin at new ones.. just incase the unthinkable happens and i sell my baby .. and money for a downpayment would be nice ; )

so for short i dont know yet, i gotta talk to some people and find out what a good asking price would be
Old 04-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Yeah. Definentlky a word of advice to be taken extreamly seriously here....
Get yourself a decent tool set and dive right in. Mechanics SUCK at the svx, and most of them know no more than you do about the engine. I reccoment reading every word of the how to's and finding someone near by who has mechanical experiance and talking to them as often as possible. When something breaks, its best that you yourself are able to fix it.
Frankly, your knowledge will pay for the car 10 fold as soon as something goes wrong. Besides , like it has been said, owning the svx is a hobby. Once you get into it, its almost as fun to fix as it is to drive, plus theres that bonus thing where everyone will refer to you as "Car guy" because you fix your own car
Dont bother taking it to a mechanic unless you already tried to fix it yourelf. I mean....whats there to lose?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Jaundice,

Have a little faith in yourself. The SVX really is not that hard. It looks very intimidating at first. If you follow young Tom's instructions then you should have not problems.

The Network is here to help young members and owners to enjoy there car, not have there car ruin there life. I can sent you a very good manual in PDF form. PM me your e-mail address that can except a 10mb file and you will have plenty of reading.

Let your step-dad have a read too. The boxer 6 is very well built motor and only a few tools are required to work on it. Here is a list of the most common tools;

10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm sockets and wrenches
3'', 6'', 12'' extensions in 1/4 and 3/8
a good 3/8 socket wrench
phillips and flat screwdrivers
Volt Ohms Meter (VOM)
A good manual (I can provide this)

We are here to help, just ask away.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Jaundice76

Asking 4000 OBO I think.. i havent put it up for sale officially yet, but i thought id offer to members of the board because i know that you guys would take excellent care of it and treasure it lol.. worst comes to worst i sell it to one of my DB friends but i dont wanna do it because i want to see it fixed and at the peak of its existance again, and they will just probably race it and break it within a month...

thats just my thoughts on it, i know you all would love to keep an svx in the network
Old 05-01-2006, 07:57 PM

SVX-FF, Can you please send that manual to me? I really would like it as I plan to do most of the work on the car.

simply_educated@yahoo.com