Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Green1995SVX

Question Kuhmo Ecsta 712

Ok, so i'm tire shopping for my 17" wheels... And these tires seem like a wonderful deal... As far as $ goes, but does anyone have them? Impressions?

-Mike
Old 03-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Mike

Bought them last year and really like them. Quieter than the P7000 SS and much cheaper. SUMMER USE ONLY though! That's why I powdercoated my stock wheels and bought the Dunlop Sport A2's! Can't wait to get the 17's back on. Just had the hubcentric adapters anodized blue today so I'm ready to go.

Todd
Old 03-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Green1995SVX

I have a new set of Dunlop A2's on my stockers... Love them in the winter (what winter, right?) So what im lookin for is for summer tires... Looks like im gonna go witht he kuhmo... SOOO CHEAP! HOW DO THEY DO IT?!?!

-Mike
Old 03-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Green1995SVX

oh , and todd, where did you get them, and what did you pay? 225/45/17 right?

-Mike
Old 03-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Looks like im gonna go witht he kuhmo... SOOO CHEAP! HOW DO THEY DO IT?!?!

-Mike
SHHHH don't scream, they'll raise the price

T
Old 03-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I got them for Mandi on Tirerack.com for $78 a piece. Much quieter than Dunlop SP 8000, and smoother too.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:58 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
kumho opinion

Pretty good, but they are soft and seem to be wearing fast.
Of course I autocross, so thats a given

Not sure how loud they are, only comparison is to Dunlop SP8000 that came with the car, which were pretty old,(so new kumhos sound quieter than old sp8000s)

I took them to tahoe and very snow and icy conditions, and they work suprisingly well in the ice and snow.
Make sure you let the tires warm up in the morning though... I had some crazy 20-15 miles per hours abs action in the first ten minutes of driving in the morning.
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 03-12-2002, 03:00 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
kumho info

Have a link to the kumho 712 info/propaganda pdf on my site.
Im thinkin gof getting the same tires again of the yokohama db's just to compare quietness(supposely the quietest tires)
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 03-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Lowered SVX

i like the price's tire rack offers......

but you get no treadlife warranty or road hazard. i could really give a crap about the treadlife warranty but i will not buy any tires that do not include a road hazard warranty. i got burnt by discount tire.com.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Boone

Re: i like the price's tire rack offers......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
but you get no treadlife warranty or road hazard. i could really give a crap about the treadlife warranty but i will not buy any tires that do not include a road hazard warranty. i got burnt by discount tire.com.
I've had pretty good luck with NTB if there's one in your area. They will order what they don't have on hand and match most prices. At least the one here knows their s***. (once pinched the sidewall on a P7000, bad curb after 5 mi.)
Old 03-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: i like the price's tire rack offers......

Quote:
Originally posted by Boone

I've had pretty good luck with NTB if there's one in your area. They will order what they don't have on hand and match most prices. At least the one here knows their s***. (once pinched the sidewall on a P7000, bad curb after 5 mi.)
I've had some very bad luck with NTB... wont go into it, but it was somewhat of a nightmare....

-Mike
Old 03-12-2002, 07:10 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Kuhmo Ecsta 712

Quote:
Ok, so i'm tire shopping for my 17" wheels... And these tires seem like a wonderful deal... As far as $ goes, but does anyone have them? Impressions?

-Mike
I had a set of kuhmo tires on my last car, I dont remember what ones they were specifically, but they did have some pretty good grip, very quiet too. I got them from the Firestone place, their road hazard warantee ran like $6, which helped a lot when i ran over a lil, well big spike in the road
Old 03-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
oh , and todd, where did you get them, and what did you pay? 225/45/17 right?

-Mike
Mike
225/45-17 is the size I bought. I got mine from a Discount Tire location. Take their ad or the TireRack ad in and use that to match their price. They have always matched or bettered the price and someone has to mount them, right? I bought the road hazard policy from them. It works out for all involved. You get a discounted price and the road hazard and mounting and they make their bucks on the road hazard and mounting.

it's all good!

Todd
Old 03-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Mike
225/45-17 is the size I bought. I got mine from a Discount Tire location. Take their ad or the TireRack ad in and use that to match their price. They have always matched or bettered the price and someone has to mount them, right? I bought the road hazard policy from them. It works out for all involved. You get a discounted price and the road hazard and mounting and they make their bucks on the road hazard and mounting.

it's all good!

Todd
Just found out my buddy is a Kumho dealer... $75 a piece... cant beat that. Get em mounted at costco for $7 a piece, and im gold.

-Mike
Old 03-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Green1995SVX

oh, and todd, why does your subaru go hmmmmmm?

always wondered that...

-Mike