Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Exclamation SVX'ers I need help convincing a claimed SVX expert

As I have mentioned in my accident thread, there is a guy who has a damaged SVX to part... I was on the phone with him like 30 mins ago and we were agreeing on the price of that SVX. I kept leading the discussion until he said: "...my other SVX...." I was like heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey stop there. Q: How many SVX'es you have??? A: I've got 2. The other is Burgundy, the only one still intact in Lebanon, but without an engine. I also have an XT which I am driving everyday...

He is asking $1500 for the damaged one (you may consider it as too much for a damaged SVX but it is cheap relatively on how much I can sell the parts here...) complete with engine and tranny. I am negotiating on the $1000 limit.

Discussing further he turned to be an "expert mechanic" in subarus (he claims that, not me) and in the SVX in particular. I told him that I was a member on a forum who fitted a 5mt and a 6mt on the EG33. He accepted the idea after a hard debate of the 5mt but could never assimilate that of the 6mt. he said that the clutch can never get centered because the 6mt has 6 bolts whereas the 5 mt has 5... so that would ruin it.

I promised him tomorrow I will bring pics with me showing him the 6mt bolted to the EG33 and the car operating without problems. So pls guys I need your help, I need to show that guy that he knows sh!t about our SVX, and we are the only ones who knows all about this car... FUJI HEAVY IND. cannot even compete with our knowledge...

Pls post in this thread pics of the the beasts stuck together. I have already checked Subafreak's locker, I can only see the 6mt bolted. Tom has no pics of his 6mt in his locker... help?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Danny,
You're going to have to keep working on Jesse and Tom, as I believe they're the only two SVX owners with a 6MT installed - with the added benefit that they both did the install themselves.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Danny,
You're going to have to keep working on Jesse and Tom, as I believe they're the only two SVX owners with a 6MT installed - with the added benefit that they both did the install themselves.
-Bill
+ Alex_umn

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
FUJI HEAVY IND. cannot even compete with our knowledge...
I wouldn't go that far

Quote:
Pls post in this thread pics of the the beasts stuck together. I have already checked Subafreak's locker, I can only see the 6mt bolted. Tom has no pics of his 6mt in his locker... help?
Check mike621's locker...i think he has some pics of toms 6 spd

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 12-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thanks guys, I am gonna check them out now. I hope I can find some pics that I can print and show that guy that he knows nothing about the SVX. Of course after I make the deal to get my car first , for maybe he changes his mind and refuses to sell it

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
WTF?? Seriousky I am so lost reading that I have no idea what the hell is going on. We could be talking about a sick kitten.... I dunno

Someone please explain this??

Tom
Old 12-13-2005, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
WTF?? Seriousky I am so lost reading that I have no idea what the hell is going on. We could be talking about a sick kitten.... I dunno

Tom

Cliffnotes for Tom : Kitten's went on a rampage and tried to bolt up a 6 spd on an SVX and failed miserably. Therefore the kittens are sick. See you weren't so far off!

Old 12-13-2005, 02:13 PM

<<Q: How many SVX'es you have??? A: I've got 2. The other is Burgundy, the only one still intact in Lebanon,

He is asking $1500 for the damaged one (you may consider it as too much for a damaged SVX but it is cheap relatively on how much I can sell the parts here...) >>

If you have the only 2 SVX's in Lebanon, who are you going to seel the parts too?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWER on demand
Cliffnotes for Tom : Kitten's went on a rampage and tried to bolt up a 6 spd on an SVX and failed miserably. Therefore the kittens are sick. See you weren't so far off!
um now I got it

Tom
Old 12-13-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
um now I got it

Tom

Good glad i could help!

Old 12-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxpert
<<Q: How many SVX'es you have??? A: I've got 2. The other is Burgundy, the only one still intact in Lebanon,

He is asking $1500 for the damaged one (you may consider it as too much for a damaged SVX but it is cheap relatively on how much I can sell the parts here...) >>

If you have the only 2 SVX's in Lebanon, who are you going to seel the parts too?
No No No, you didn't get it. There are around 40 SVX's over here, most of them are black (25), then pearl (11), then silver (3) then burgundy(1)

This guy has the only burgundy still in good shape in Lebanon, as for the wrecked black it is one of the 25 originally imported to the country.

So far I have made the acquaintance of two pearly SVX's owners, and one black SVX's owner. we keep a constant contact with each other, I would be able to sell them some parts...

Old 12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:

Tom
To summarize it to you Tom, have you got a sharp picture showing the EG33 attached directly to the 6mt underneath the car?

Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Ok Time to PANIC

Guys nobody has a clear shot of the engine/6mt showing together... any ideas?

Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Quote:
Guys nobody has a clear shot of the engine/6mt showing together... any ideas?

I have an idea! Don't make claims to people til AFTER you have the pictures to back it up...

Skip
Old 12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Maniac modifier

This is a clear shot of the 6mt in the SVX. If he doesn't see how this is clearly the SVX undercarraige then who cares.... he is an idiot

Tom