Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
kamikazecreativ

Subaru SE Corporate Contacts?

Does anyone have a name/phone number/eddress for someone I can talk to in Austell (SE Region Corp. offices) or NJ (Nat'l Corp. offices) about the poor quality of dealer service up here in Charlotte and in the SE? I have a nightmare scenario going on, involving about $1600 worth of repairs I may not have needed, which did not help, aftermarket parts substituted for Subaru parts without informing me, yaddayaddayadda.

Anyone had a similar situation and a successful solution you could share w/me? My 95 SVX and I will appreciate it - I either have to solve this or sell the car I love rather than keep bending over at the Service Desk...

Looking forward - toodles!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecreativ
Does anyone have a name/phone number/eddress for someone I can talk to in Austell (SE Region Corp. offices) or NJ (Nat'l Corp. offices) about the poor quality of dealer service up here in Charlotte and in the SE? I have a nightmare scenario going on, involving about $1600 worth of repairs I may not have needed, which did not help, aftermarket parts substituted for Subaru parts without informing me, yaddayaddayadda.

Anyone had a similar situation and a successful solution you could share w/me? My 95 SVX and I will appreciate it - I either have to solve this or sell the car I love rather than keep bending over at the Service Desk...

Looking forward - toodles!
find a good mechanic to work on your car. there's some good subaru groups out there that could probably help. one subaru dealership refused service because my car was 'too old' and said their techs weren't trained in fixing svx's. or get a manual and fix it yourself
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
SOA was no help when I complained that the dealership here wanted 4,600.00 for a Subaru Reman transmission when everyone else in the country was charging around 3,000.00 (Even a price from Hawaii was only 2,700.00).

They explained that dealerships are "Independently Owned" and they had no control over them. To their credit, they DID contact the dealership to inform them that there was a problem, and the dealership got back with me and offered to fix another "minor" problem that they'd overlooked while the car was in for service, BUT, I told them I was taking my care elsewhere.

Try emailing from the SOA site. That's how I received my response. Good luck.

First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 AM

When I was searching for an SVX crank pulley I got OEM quotes ranging from $140 to $195, which I think is an outrageous variance for a factory part from an authorized dealership. If Subaru gave a flip about parts and service customers, they'd institute some sort of reasonable and consistent pricing guidelines.

I agree with Noir: Find a good, independent mechanic to do what you aren't inclined to do yourself, and buy parts from dealerships only when necessary. My car is proof that you don't need an "SVX tech" (or all-OEM parts) to keep an SVX in reliable service, as so many seem to believe.

Good luck.

dcb
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
When I was searching for an SVX crank pulley I got OEM quotes ranging from $140 to $195, which I think is an outrageous variance for a factory part from an authorized dealership. If Subaru gave a flip about parts and service customers, they'd institute some sort of reasonable and consistent pricing guidelines.

I agree with Noir: Find a good, independent mechanic to do what you aren't inclined to do yourself, and buy parts from dealerships only when necessary. My car is proof that you don't need an "SVX tech" (or all-OEM parts) to keep an SVX in reliable service, as so many seem to believe.

Good luck.

dcb
oh yeah, if you plan to buy parts, buy them from Liberty Subaru in Jersey or one of the mentioned places in this forum. You can get like a 20-25% discount on them but you have to wait like a week to get. It's worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: