Sell the SVX and buy another SVX (not 92/93) there (Calif) 4 10.00%
Sell the SVX and buy an impreza RS (98-01) there (Calif) 1 2.50%
Drive it to Calif 34 85.00%
Ship it to Calif 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
SVX is awesome on the highway. I was doing drives between MI and NM (~1800 miles) all through college, and it's definitely a great car for that. My best MPG was 31 between Amarillo and wherever I stopped next for gas, cruising at ~72 (limit in Texas is 65 ). I say drive it
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 04-13-2005, 11:01 AM

My car's generally-good disposition always seems brightened further by a semi-spirited run down past Atlanta and back (like the one I'll be making Sunday).

dcb
Old 04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Lost_Thought

even driving like a bat outta hell AFTER being stuck in gridlock for 2+ hours i still averaged like 24 or so MPG. The return trip was much more leisurly (CC set at 60 so i wouldent get in any more trouble ) and made it about 250mi + another 140 or so in the city that averaged to about 27+ MPG. Once agan drive that puppy!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Registered SVX
On a trip from CT to Texas we averaged 27 MPG best tank was 30 worse was 23. We got chased by an 18 wheeler up to 90 MPH for about 3 miles, we could not pull in because of traffic in the right lane so he kept on our tail blowing the air horn, VERY SCARY seeing that BIG grill in back od such a low car. then Between Dodge City and Whitcita KS we were passing a car doing 70 when the RADAR detector went off the aproching car was a county mounty doing 80. We pulled back into the lane and floored it I fig. him doing 80 that way and me going 125 the other the distance would be to gerat for him to turn around. <LOL> we were filling at 1/4 tank and 270 miles.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Drive The Car To Cali!!!!!!. The Svx Is Very Good On Long Trips. I Even When To Mexico, Real Close To Mazatlan. From Denver. Never Have A Problem. Plus You Know Your Car, The Thing That You Have Done To It. Why Risk It By Selling It, And Buying Another That You Don't Know What They Have Done To It. Just Make Sure You Have A Lot Of Music To Listen To And Plenty Of Rest A Good Map. Good Luck And Where N Cali Are You Going To????
Old 04-13-2005, 04:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite
Drive The Car To Cali!!!!!!. The Svx Is Very Good On Long Trips. I Even When To Mexico, Real Close To Mazatlan. From Denver. Never Have A Problem. Plus You Know Your Car, The Thing That You Have Done To It. Why Risk It By Selling It, And Buying Another That You Don't Know What They Have Done To It. Just Make Sure You Have A Lot Of Music To Listen To And Plenty Of Rest A Good Map. Good Luck And Where N Cali Are You Going To????
I am goin to San Rafael, besides San Fransisco.

-Pavan
Old 04-13-2005, 04:17 PM

Very Nice Specialy The Wather In Th Bay Are. Too Bad You Are Not Comming To The L.a Area. Where I Go Very Often. A Lot Of Tuner And Fun. Hope You Take Your Svx Is Worth The Adventure.......
Old 04-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
For reference, I'll probably get 400+ miles on my current tank of gas. I currently have over 360 and the low fuel light hasn't come on at all.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 PM

On the trip to Reading, we got about 25mpg on the highway crusing at about 80mph. My car is also due for the 120k service so I bet with new plugs it would have done a little better.
If it were me, I'd keep it and either drive it myself out to SF or have it shipped, depending on how much other stuff is being shiped. If your doing the U-Haul thing, then get a 4 wheel carrier and tow it out to keep the miles off.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Hey Guys,

please take sometime to vote in here, i am still not able to decide, but most probably i want to keep it (not to sell)... but still wiggling this way and that way...

-Pavan.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 AM

Hey Guys,

Gr8t news, atlast I have decided to keep my SVX with me. Eventhough I am not driving to Calif (my sister is not allowing me to drive and she came up with this deal with me, if I want to keep my SVX, i should not drive it to calif but have to ship it on my own expense). So i agreed on it and now my baby will be with me.

Thanks guys for all ur input.

-Pavan
Old 04-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hey Guys,

Gr8t news, atlast I have decided to keep my SVX with me. Eventhough I am not driving to Calif (my sister is not allowing me to drive and she came up with this deal with me, if I want to keep my SVX, i should not drive it to calif but have to ship it on my own expense). So i agreed on it and now my baby will be with me.

Thanks guys for all ur input.

-Pavan

You should've driven. My wife and I went on a long road trip a few years ago. From Kentucky, to Vermont, to Main, to West Virginia and back to Kentucky (almost 5K miles in 10 days), and for my wife to say "this is the most comfortable car I've ever ridden in," is definitely a testament to its comfort on long drives. Driving the SVX is just, simply a joy. Average MPG was 26.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-29-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
You should've driven. My wife and I went on a long road trip a few years ago. From Kentucky, to Vermont, to Main, to West Virginia and back to Kentucky (almost 5K miles in 10 days), and for my wife to say "this is the most comfortable car I've ever ridden in," is definitely a testament to its comfort on long drives. Driving the SVX is just, simply a joy. Average MPG was 26.
yeah, I understand and i tooo like long drives on our svx and this would be my first drive ever if i make it, but i cant go against my sister at anytime.

I was happy atleast she agreed upon keeping it with me.

-Pavan.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:07 PM

How is your sister not allowing you to drive and ship it at your own expense a deal???
And why is it her decision if you drive it out to CA or not?? (is this some Indian/Hindu thing with her being your elder???)
Old 04-29-2005, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
How is your sister not allowing you to drive and ship it at your own expense a deal???
And why is it her decision if you drive it out to CA or not?? (is this some Indian/Hindu thing with her being your elder???)
Yep!.... how did u get tht one? u r absolutely right. I can never go against her in any issue. Since back in India how my parents are, here in USA my sister.

The deal appears to be good becos, if i accept tht deal then i can keep my car with me. Because what she basically mean is, if i sell my car here (since i can get atleast around $4500+) with tht money i can buy a used Impreza of 98-2000 even by adding 1000$ more on it. She knows tht i like impreza too and on the other side she is having Black '92 SVX with her, so i can drive it whenever i want to drive SVX.

But i love my own SVX and i dont want to loose it at any cost, thts why i agreed upon the deal.