SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up water mist

You know those water mist cage things they have at amusement parks in lines so you can cool off so you dont die of heat exhaustion?
I just rigged my back deck with 5 of them so you can lounge pretty much anywhere and be comfortable. I connected them to the garden hose with a 5 way manifold and buried the hoses so just the misting part comes up out of the ground.

It rules. I wish I had thought of this sooner. Way better than sitting inside in AC on these hot days. I just wish the laptop was waterproof.

Time for a spicy bloody mary and a tan!

92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:23 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Wow i am goin to have to say that, that is awesome!!! I want to put that in my backyard one day!!!!

Jen

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 05-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: water mist

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
You know those water mist cage things they have at amusement parks in lines so you can cool off so you dont die of heat exhaustion?
I just rigged my back deck with 5 of them so you can lounge pretty much anywhere and be comfortable. I connected them to the garden hose with a 5 way manifold and buried the hoses so just the misting part comes up out of the ground.

It rules. I wish I had thought of this sooner. Way better than sitting inside in AC on these hot days. I just wish the laptop was waterproof.

Time for a spicy bloody mary and a tan!

nice matt ...atlanta's water restriction would prohibit that nice little setup guess i'll just have to chill in the fridge of a place i call home. keeping it 60 degrees in my crib
Old 05-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Actually there is very very little water flow. I have to turn the hose on with my ear next to the faucet and get it where I only start to hear flow - just a trickle. That is enough for it to mist - I'd guess I might have used 5 gallons tops for about 4 hrs this afternoon - but I could test that theory pretty easily and I will next weekend.

Even after I turn the hose off it sprays mist for about 5 minutes just from the the leftover pressure.

If I turn the hose up any more the system is so restricted by the misting sprayers that it blows apart the hose fittings I made.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 05-09-2004, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Actually there is very very little water flow. I have to turn the hose on with my ear next to the faucet and get it where I only start to hear flow - just a trickle. That is enough for it to mist - I'd guess I might have used 5 gallons tops for about 4 hrs this afternoon - but I could test that theory pretty easily and I will next weekend.

Even after I turn the hose off it sprays mist for about 5 minutes just from the the leftover pressure.

If I turn the hose up any more the system is so restricted by the misting sprayers that it blows apart the hose fittings I made.
hmm...that's true, i didn't think it over too deeply. i can see your point..actually that sounds fun....is kim going out of town soon? if so let's get a few kegs and some hooters girls over to your casa for some wet and wild fun .
Old 05-10-2004, 12:52 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
http://www.mistymate.com/patio-misting-products.html
Old 05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
JLittell

Can you route some beer into the lines? If so, We'll all be over in 30 minutes!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:30 PM
The One

Send a message via AIM to mranderson
I know where im comin this summer when it gets deathly hot....
Old 05-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mranderson
I know where im comin this summer when it gets deathly hot....
no admittance without hooter girls
Old 05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
http://www.mistymate.com/patio-misting-products.html
Geh. Oh well, I had fun building it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: