Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2003, 03:29 AM
crow_road75

Question Alcantara cleaning...

After nearly a quarter of a year! My SVX is finally home, and it appears she is running really well... So (touch wood), the main dealer put her back together properly...

One thing I have noticed is that the Alcantara trim on the drivers door pod is filthy, it might've been like that when I took it in - I honestly can't remember, and am reticent to give her back for them to clean it, I'd rather do it myself.

Does anyone on the forum know of a decent product for cleaning Alcantara?

Also, does anyone know what the "defrost" switch on the left of the parking light switch does? I swtiched it on the other morning along with the heated seats (sheer luxury) when I was defrosting the car... But it didn't seem to do anything...??

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back behind the wheel of my car, that's for sure...

Jason
--
Old 12-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Phil & Belha

Hi Jason,

Glad to hear you're back on the road!

Our local dealer once managed to get used engine oil on our alcantara during a routine service. I took it back to complain, and I was pretty sure they would never be able to get rid of it. They put some sort of dry-cleaning fluid on it and it came up nice and clean. I don't know the brand name though, or where they get it from.

The button you refer to is for "heated wing mirrors". It does a very effective job of getting rid of ice/snow/rain droplets/condensation.

Phil.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:48 AM
TonyShaleUK

According to the info I have - I think from the user manual, but can't remember now - clean the upholstery using soap suds. I used Dreft and that seemed tpo work ok, altho' the alcantara wasn't particularly dirty