How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-02-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

Mike,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with those bastards. When they used the masking tape on my 92's broken sunroof and charged me $80 for it I asked for the manager. Never did get him. I called every day for a week and he was always "busy". I did get my sunroof fixed down the street for half of what they wanted. I didn't get the resolution I was seeking, but I do warn any person that I come in contact with who's thinking of going there. They're complete rip offs!!

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 11-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by BluebyU
Mike,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with those bastards. When they used the masking tape on my 92's broken sunroof and charged me $80 for it I asked for the manager. Never did get him. I called every day for a week and he was always "busy". I did get my sunroof fixed down the street for half of what they wanted. I didn't get the resolution I was seeking, but I do warn any person that I come in contact with who's thinking of going there. They're complete rip offs!!

That's why I always insist on holding for them. Took me well over an hour to get a new Dishwasher when ours was a lemon but I know had I hung up the phone it would have taken months if I had let them take a message. If the service manager is too busy then go on hold for the business manager or better yet the owner. 14 months for a wheel bearing when you are paying for that. I'm half tempted to stand by the road tomorrow with a sign. (Mike let me know if you want me to go that route. I'll gladly do it after my a/c o-ring that cost 20x the at of gold per weight).
Old 11-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Mike,
I think a well thought out letter to the Service Manager citing the number of miles since the repair - let's see, 14 months x 200 miles/month = 2800 miles...gee, think maybe Subaru corporate might think this isn't right? Make sure the letter is a certified one, so you'll have a legal record of them taking receipt of it.
If you don't get satisfaction after sending the letter, contact Subaru's regional office and give them the story.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-02-2003, 10:56 PM

It might not work....
but whenever I have issues I can't resolve, I file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Let me tell ya.....It gets their attention fast!
Old 11-02-2003, 11:01 PM

I'd even file a complaint if it was 2 months past the warranty expiration. The bearings SHOULDN'T fail after 14 months.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by tdmi2002
I'd even file a complaint if it was 2 months past the warranty expiration. The bearings SHOULDN'T fail after 14 months.
No kidding. Mike, what was the advice you gave another member?I believe you said that Kerven would honor warranties even after they had expired. Doesn't the same apply here?

Obviously, if the shop wants to be a bunch of jerks about it, they're going to. Sorry, man, but there's not much you can do about that, probably.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-03-2003, 05:12 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
I agree with everyone else that a letter to the BBB is a good route as long as it doesn't have any impact on your status as a Subaru employee. Are there no means within SOA to resolve the issue? Can you get Kerven Subaru to warrantee the work?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Mike,
I think a well thought out letter to the Service Manager citing the number of miles since the repair - let's see, 14 months x 200 miles/month = 2800 miles...gee, think maybe Subaru corporate might think this isn't right? Make sure the letter is a certified one, so you'll have a legal record of them taking receipt of it.
If you don't get satisfaction after sending the letter, contact Subaru's regional office and give them the story.
-Bill

Agreed. The letter with the bill and the mileage circled would be my route. Oh, and the addition of a number of CC's at the bottom of the page:

cc: The Better Business Bureau
The Fair Trade Commission
Subaru of America
PA Attorney General's Office
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Green1995SVX

I've given up on trying to get any compensation. The bearings are getting fixed by Kerven tomorrow at my expense (though much smaller expense than if i had LCM do them). I just want to let someone at LCM know that im upset with the situation. I will write a letter to whomever the general manager is and add the cc's per your recommendation, Randy.

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 04:04 AM

Randy recommendation.

THe more CC: you add, the more attention it gets.

Randy that was a VERY good suggestion.

seems you've already gotten the advice you needed.
A letter to the BBB with a copy of a 1100 Bill should get some action. LCM should have ate least bought your parts.. to say as a Fair 50/50 solution.. ( not fair but better then nothing)
NOt exactly fair for their work to fail in less then 3000 miles either and BE A holes for it being 2 months out of warranty.

I noticed other post of LCM customers who experienced bad service as well. Attaching simple statements to you BBB report and other mailings will also add weight.

SVX1999~

Get enough people to complain about that dealership and um might not be a good day for LCM...
Old 11-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Green1995SVX

Update

Kerven finally changed the bearing today (it ended up being just the right side.) The technician at Kerven said that it appeared as though the hub was previously removed with a hammer or other blunt object. Apperently the lip where the bearing seal sits was deformed and the technician at lancaster county motors tried to grnd it off so the seal would fit. This caused a leak and all the grease leaked out of the bearing.

I'm not sure if this all makes sense. They were trying to explain it to me at kerven and that's the best way that I can explain it.

I'm really ticked. Also, it cost over 50% less to have the job done at kerven.

Mike
Old 11-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Mike,
Hope you took pictures...they'll go nicely with the letter to the Subaru main office.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-19-2003, 05:00 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

I guess that's why so many ex-LCM employees have opened their own shops that specialize in Subaru Repairs.
'03 Forester XS 214,000 miles
'05 Outback 3.0R
Old 11-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Green1995SVX

I am going to go to LCM personally next Friday with all of the information I have and demand to speak with the service manager.

I'm a very non-confrontational person, so this should be interesting.

Mike
Old 11-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Man, I just made an appointment there to get yet another thing fixed on our 4 month old Crapwagon GT (this is its 6th time at a dealer). The Pass side mirror piece that meets the window has now faded. Should I call there and say sorry, I heard about the crappy service that your dealership provided to another customer and I can't in good faith get my car fixed there now. What sucks is that means it'll be a long drive twice to CVM to get it fixed though.