Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Sorry to report...We lost another SVX.

I'm sad to report that we lost another SVX. She was a one of a kind beauty and I loved her dearly. I will always remember her and the pleasures of driving her forever.

We challenged the Dragon and the Skyway and lost. We waited patiently as the great members of the NAOSIC subaru club cut me out of the seatbelt and I climbed out. I made it out with only a few sore muscles and the inability to snap properly with my right hand (although now i can snap fine). We flipped her back up and marvelled at the grand engineering that kept me safe during the whole ordeal. although the side windows were broken, the front windshield stayed intact and kept the top of the car off my head. I looked again last night before returning to Atlanta and noticed that i slid about 15 feet from the initial overturn.

I took a few pictures that I may post although the graphic nature of the pictures may bring tears to your eyes. I believe there are video footage from filmers as they rounded the corner and saw us flipped over and smoking. I will post some of those later and I will collect as many of the video's and pictures from the members of the subaru imprezza club if you all would like to see her last moment before I turned her key for the last time to the off position.

She is on her way back as we speak to Atlanta via flatbed. She lived a long and wonderful life and will always be remembered by me and the people who had the pleasure of riding with her.

Harry
Old 05-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Unhappy

Harry, again I am glad you are ok. If you didn't see it yet someone did take video of flipping the car back onto it's wheels but it hasn't been uploaded yet. It should be soon. I have some video of you and your car before the accident - I'll post some pictures from it soon. I hope you can salvage the car and if not you get a good settlement on it.

There was also the loss of an xt6 to the dragon. Apparently a biker came into his lane from the other direction and he was forced to trash his front end. I haven't seen any pictures of that one surface yet.

my photos
http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=immortal_suby

Some dragon photos are here
http://www.pbase.com/bitjockey/dragon03
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 05-18-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:30 AM

i am very glad to hear that you are okay

that is a shame, i'm really sorry to hear about your car, that really stinks

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:34 AM

WHO GOT MARRIED????
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:36 AM

married

two members of the subaru imprezza club got married. i missed it but saw the photo's. look pretty nice, especially with all the subaru's that showed up and a representative from subaru of america.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
A couple from the wrx board. They met there last year and tied the knot there this year. Their subys were in the wedding. We rode the dragon with them last fall and I can tell you she's very fast. Left me and most of the other guys in the dust.

subaru wedding

And you thought svx owners were crazy about their cars.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 05-18-2003, 09:38 AM

i think that it is cute that they got pics of them dressed up and next to the cars, i hope my svx is around for that day...oh wait, hell isn't freezing over any time soon, darn...

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 05-18-2003, 10:14 AM
svxeno

What a shame about the car BUT more importantly you're ok. Flipped?! That's one of the last things I thought this car would do.

Randy (Whew...) ii
Old 05-18-2003, 10:36 AM

flipped.

yes. unfortunately what had happened was that on the road as i was following a few imprezza guys, my car oversteered (or was it understeered? i don't remember what they said it was). i was recovering from that and then it oversteered/understeered (whichever) again but this time because i recovered from the first one, i was closer to the rightlane. my baby was moving toward the dirt offroad and the rear tire grabbed the dirt and the elevated part of the dirt that my front hit flipped us. 20 feet down the path i was going was a gorge. i doubt i would have made it if i had travelled 20 ft sliding or 20 from where i first oversteered/understeered (whichever).

i'm going to upload pictures now. just saw it off the tow truck. very depressing. it has sunk into my skull now.

i have to admit, they did a good job with designing it top. you'll see in some of the pictures.

i'm uploading them to my locker now.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:47 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
::Sniffle::.... Sorry to hear about your lost SVX man . I'm glad to hear that the SVX did however save another life. It gives me a warm feeling inside knowing how safe it is, even though it gave its life in return.

The body structure held up very well and doesnt seem to be that badly damaged. Is anything damaged other than the glass and the body?
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 05-18-2003, 11:07 AM

re: pictures posted

i posted the pictures. it's in my locker under the 'my baby' folder.

the radiator is gone as is the tranny cooler. i know the timing belt cover was pushed but i don't know the extent of the damage. it's at a local shop now.

hey matt i hope that you have a few pictures before the accident. i don't even have a picture before <sniffle>. was going to get one after replacing the passenger door, repaint spoiler, and paint/install the '97 grill.

hl
Old 05-18-2003, 11:09 AM

just looked at your pics...that is really sad...i am now even more glad to hear that you came out alright...honestly, i thought the car was going to be in horriable condition...it isn't all that bad, you just need a lot of body work..wazwat's accident car was really bad. i wouldn't have thought by looking at the car that it was in a roll...it is nice to know that the car is strong and safe

it still sucks knowing that another svx is down, i hope it doesn't take you down too...keep your chin up, are you going to get another, fix it, or forget the svx?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 05-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: re: pictures posted

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

hey matt i hope that you have a few pictures before the accident. i don't even have a picture before <sniffle>. was going to get one after replacing the passenger door, repaint spoiler, and paint/install the '97 grill.

hl
I actually have one at the rest stop right before the cherhola skyway where you flipped it. Possibly the last picture before the damage? I'm uploading a ton of pictures right now
Here's the link - I put them in a sony imagestation album
http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=immortal_suby
Old 05-18-2003, 12:03 PM

re: a bit sad. but none the less

yeah, it's a bit sad kelli. but it's ok. i was happy because i did not go over the gorge. i'm happy because i had a good time and the times were great driving my svx. up until i flipped it, i was having a great time and still was afterwards. i'm sad because i won't be able to drive her again. i picked her up right after she was traded in before it even cleared the title at the dealership. fell in love right away and i've been doing nothing but trying to fix her up .

ah well, c'est la vie. i'm about to head out to look at this other svx for sale. i know she would want me to be safe in another scuby. i checked with dale in ashville (the legendary subbie man from what i hear with subbies) and more than likely the insurance is going to total it. i don't know if i can buy her back but i'll try. i still love my baby . would be nice if i can fix her up, if not, then either i'll buy another svx, a wrx/imprezza, or that xt6. maybe even 2 out of the 3.

the people i met this weekend and some of the members of this board along with the experience with the svx and other subbie products have made me a die hard subbie fan. so if i stray from the svx, it won't be far. now i'm on a mission to find a nice 97 in mint condition and build her up from there.

thanks matt. i'll check those out. i'm glad you were there snapping away. greenmarine had my camera at the time and i could not take pictures of my baby.

on another note, what's really interesting is this. on that friday that i went to fontana village, one friend got screwed and had to go into work the next morning and had to bail out on me. the other friend that was going to drive his car up to ride the road got sick and had to bail the same day. then my mother got a cold so i bought some medicine and stopped by to make sure everything was ok before i left. i had a bad feeling the day i was heading up there and that something bad was going to happen. when i called my friend to get me from north carolina, the first thing he asked was 'you flipped your car didn't u?' when he picked up the phone. apparently he had a dream that he saw me flip my car.

really freaky.

hl
Old 05-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Freaky - yes. Kim was having visions of a flipped svx before it happened. (of course it was probably paranoia and she thought it would be us)

Last edited by immortal_suby; 05-18-2003 at 12:14 PM.