How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-17-2002, 05:38 PM
alacrity024

O/T: Looking For Work..

For the past 18 months I've been working as an on-air DJ at a top-40 radio station seven nights a week while going to college full-time during the week. I love my job and the people I work with. The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the music, but I've learned to tune it out.

I thought I was secure in my job. I thought I could look forward to a nice routine after graduating. Turns out I was dead wrong. We got bought out by a larger communication group and my shift got cut. I'm being replaced. So long A-Dogg, thanks for all the hard work, good luck finding work after you graduate.

I'm posting this to ask if anyone knows of anyplace in the country (or outside the country) where I could find work doing something at least remotely enjoyable.

Here's a little psudo-resume. Feel free to forward it to anyone who you think might be looking for help:

I'll be graduating from Franklin Pierce College with a degree in Graphic Design this upcoming May. My abilities, however, are not limited solely to design. I am an excellent writer and enjoy both technical and narrative writing. The most valuable skill I've been able to glean out of my College experience is the ability to quickly adapt to virtually any new situation. I'm a fast learner, and am eager to find the best possible way to accomplish a particular task. Although I don't know how to code, I'm extremely fluent with computers. Like nearly any 21-year old, I can make them do pretty much whatever I want them to, and if they break, I can generally fix them. In my experience at the radio station I've worked as an on-air personality, a board operator, a newscaster and a network technician.

If you or someone you know could use an enthusiastic, energetic and intelligent college graduate at work starting anytime after June, let me know. I'd be willing to relocate to pretty much anywhere in the country, provided the pay would take care of bills.

I'll be looking locally, but I'd really love a change of scenery. Plus it'd be totally sweet to have two SVX's in the parking lot at work

-Adam