How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-10-2002, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to svx6595
I almost got one!

I went to a New York State Police Auction today. It was the cars that were impounded from DWI cases. I saw it in the paper and checked the inventory online. A 92 Black SRX was advertised. The VIN was an SVX Vin so I got really excited. The picture they showed looked good so I checked it out. The car had a spare on the back, a nice hole in the rear bumper, nice gaps on either side of the hood, had new paint(cheap), but was black so I could have rescued it.

Bidding started at $500 I bid $1000 then $1200 but two people drove it up to $2600. I wasn't going to touch it as I didn't get to drive it, hear it start, or know if it was in FWD when it was driven with the spare. The couple were excited about their new purchase of their Subaru??? SVS. Unbeliveable! Add one more to the scrap yard I would assume.

My search continues......

Larry
Old 12-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: I almost got one!

Quote:
Originally posted by svx6595
I went to a New York State Police Auction today. It was the cars that were impounded from DWI cases. I saw it in the paper and checked the inventory online. A 92 Black SRX was advertised. The VIN was an SVX Vin so I got really excited. The picture they showed looked good so I checked it out. The car had a spare on the back, a nice hole in the rear bumper, nice gaps on either side of the hood, had new paint(cheap), but was black so I could have rescued it.

Bidding started at $500 I bid $1000 then $1200 but two people drove it up to $2600. I wasn't going to touch it as I didn't get to drive it, hear it start, or know if it was in FWD when it was driven with the spare. The couple were excited about their new purchase of their Subaru??? SVS. Unbeliveable! Add one more to the scrap yard I would assume.

My search continues......

Larry
As Winston Churchill said, Nevah . . . nevah . . . nevah give up.
2001 Outback Sport