SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-05-2002, 09:46 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
We just recently lost two of our cats. Saki died on 10/1 and Kahlua just this Monday 12/2. We got Kahlua before we even got married. We've never NOT had him. There are great big holes in our hearts right now. We still have Tequila and Rico the amazing Mexican Talking Dog. And on Sunday we brought home our new flame point Siamese, Scotch. But it's still going to take a lot of time to heal.

~~Michelle
Sorry to hear that Michelle. It's got to be hard to lose 2 so close together, especially when you've never not had him. We will be in a similar situation some day, hopefully a LONG time from now as we got 2 kittens soon after we were married.

We both love cats as it is, but we got especially lucky with Obi and Walli. Their personalities are almost more dog than cat, they follow us around, lay on our laps for hours, and Obi even plays fetch!

PS Michelle - I see a trend in the way you guys name your cats!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:52 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Loss of a pet

<There are great big holes in our hearts right now>

Sometimes it is hard for people without pets to understand what the loss of one means to those of us who do. I think you phrased it right on the button Michelle.... (P.S. I love the names you picked for them all!)

$VX....best of luck with your cute new puppy!

Larry....I think I glanced over an article somewhere recently that said the Norwegian Forest Cat was first introduced to North American by the Vikings, when a small group settled in "Vinland" and created a short-lived colony there. Have you heard any similar stories? <I wonder if you can get cats or dogs in Bordeaux Pearl color?> Go into the breeding business, and create one! I'll buy the first kitten.... (Larry in the lab: "Darn it all....I got the color right, but I can't get that split-window effect in the fur for the LIFE of me!)
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 12-05-2002, 10:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Loss of a pet

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<There are great big holes in our hearts right now>

Sometimes it is hard for people without pets to understand what the loss of one means to those of us who do. I think you phrased it right on the button Michelle.... (P.S. I love the names you picked for them all!)

$VX....best of luck with your cute new puppy!

Larry....I think I glanced over an article somewhere recently that said the Norwegian Forest Cat was first introduced to North American by the Vikings, when a small group settled in "Vinland" and created a short-lived colony there. Have you heard any similar stories? <I wonder if you can get cats or dogs in Bordeaux Pearl color?> Go into the breeding business, and create one! I'll buy the first kitten.... (Larry in the lab: "Darn it all....I got the color right, but I can't get that split-window effect in the fur for the LIFE of me!)

Don,

You are so right. I had alot of trouble with the split window effect on the fur. But the problem went away after talking to some PhD's at MerckNow I have to adapt my old wire splicer for use on genes. The problem of the cat's rear end went away after I decided that the its tail should not look like a wing. Also I never did get Bordeaux Pearl fur to look just right but the Polo Green Siamese is great.

PS: Rosie found lab cat that I was using. Now I reside permantly in the basement and the people from PETA picket my house.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!