Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-18-2002, 07:11 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Cool HIP HIP HURRAY!!! I'm a two svxer now!!

Well One and a half really... now I've just got to decide what to do with old white wing.... the new (to me) is a forrest green...(I know.... I Know...) with 90k and a perfect interior.... there are a couple of dimple dings here and there but nothing major.... I'm back and I'm proud.....

More later.... and thanks for the advice folks!!!1
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-19-2002, 06:13 AM
"high" in Colorado

new ride....

Mitch,
Congrats on finding a "new" SVX. How about some pics? What year is it?
If you decide to part out the "old " SVX, I would like first right of refusal on both visors!! Thanks....
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 11-19-2002, 07:48 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Going to pick it up today.

It looks grim for the parts thing... I'm not going to have time to take things apart and Storage is turning into a problem.... I seem to have too many cars for a one bedroom apartment...... OH Well I just may have to wait and put the new engine in... the guy at the car lot had some suggestions on some locals who might be better and less expensive options than I had checked on before.... I haven't lived in Salt Lake since before the Olympics... It's a little different than the town I grew up in, but I love the changes!!!! Can't wait to get a mini meet going here... I will take some pictures today as I pick up the car... Insurance is a disappointment.... It seems that Utah has a lot of poor dirvers... Those A**Holes have cost me money.... Just 4 words UTAH.... Slower Drivers Keep Right!!!!!. Ya know if you're driving along and you are the only car on the road.... YOU ARE ALSO THE SLOWEST!!! PULL RIGHT!!!! sorry....... these people are the cause of road rage.... they think that 45 in the left lane is OK.......I'm done.... More later.......
It's green!
It's a 92
It's interior is perfect!
It's engine is ok.
It's transmission is a question mark
It's MINE!!!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:50 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Tom- are yours gray and droopy? If you get replacements i will take the messed up ones.....
Old 11-19-2002, 02:56 PM
I look like Gordon

I'm in the same club now, too... but very much in reverse. I have a pearl in the garage and just bought a wrecked green 92... spooooky.

Old 11-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Treasure!!!

Ok... got the car it's got some minor problems first the wheels are on backwards rear bearing are a litttle noisy .. heat sheild is rattlin against the drive shaft, slight pull to the right, a few dimple dings on the hood and roof (hail?) , moon roof needs help opening...a faint antifreeze odor when the fans kick in... the engine was steam cleaned (poorly) by the car lot ......

Now the good... it's got everything that the Pearlie didn't, Stock working stereo and cd player.. Left side working leather seat. It's teal..(what's teal?? blue green..? ) Transmission seems ok so far (please don't tell the tranny gods) opened the glove box and it's got the owners video tape!! the security system works... and I've got all the brand new remotes that I bought for the pearly.... I tell ya .. Life is good!! and it's only got 91300 on it.. !! I'm a happy camper again! (I think I said that before??)
Old 11-20-2002, 08:48 AM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Unhappy I feel like I'm talking to myself here..

Used to be at least I'd get a comment from the Prez or LarryIII.... Guys! I'm really back!! I'm buying parts ... I'm trying to get interest in the car going here in Salt Lake.... At least say "HI".... oh well. If I'm just talking to myself then at least I'll keep a running record of my "saga"... Put a new battery in the car last night. I also noticed that my head light lens are yellow.... Should I try cleaning and polishing or swap from the pearl......hmmmmm