Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
New for Next AutoX Season...

Just picked this up today. THe guys at the local speed shop hooked me up with a good discount.

Bolted in in about 30 min.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Cool I'll tell you how I feel about them tomorrow
when the pics are done loading.

J/k That's really neat. Definitely something I could use to keep from sliding into the door on hard rights.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Yea, sorry about the big pics. When my iBook went down it took my usual hosting homepage with it. So these are in my locker. Thats why they're so big.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Kerry,
nice harness. you're better off (i.e. safer) if you use the baby seat achor point above the rear seat. you really don't want the harness anchored down low like that - the loading it will put on your spine in the event of an accident is not good. the harness should have come with installation instructions that include the recommended angle that the harness should be at when it goes over the top of the seat.
-Bil

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-19-2006, 09:59 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

I know that the harness should not go over 45 degrees. I don't plan on running this setup for daily driving. I was just excited and wanted to put them in before I got my F/G seat. I'll have to see how the Rallye 4 would bolt up at the points you were talking about.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
You also may be better off using the stock seatbelts during daily driving. Believe it or not, but they are actually safer in the event of a crash. EDIT: just read your last post and it says you're not going to be using it for daily driving... Sooo the following is entirely unneeded.

Here is why:

When you crash with the stock seat belt, the slack comes from the upper mount. This means that it will be the last place (time wise) that is tensioned. When you hit said object, the lap belt will first hold your lower body in place, then the shoulder belt will harness your upperbody. This is followed by the airbag cushioning your head's negative acceleration. Your body will bend slightly at the waist, and your head will 'whip' around a bit. (why you should like airbags)
Using the Schroth Harnesses they are always under tension against your torso, therefor due to the way your body wants to slide forward, the upper body will be held back against the seat, and then you CAN (won't always, but it is very possible) slide underneath the lap belt. This is due to the way your body can bend in the spine and waist, and the fact that your torso will already be restrained before your rear tries to slide off of the seat.

This is important for street driving because you're MUCH more likely to get into a frontal or offset frontal collision on the street than on the auto-x course.

Of course all of that can be ignored if you were planning on using the stock seat belts for street driving anyway due to comfort issues.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Good valid points. If you look at the rear pic there is a clip to remove the harness when not using it on the track. Also this harness has Schroth's ASM design. It is supposed to prevent submerging in an accident. So this will only be in maybe the rest of the week to get used to using and adjusting them. But after that I'm putting in a Glass seat for events only.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..