Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-27-2006, 10:33 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Blinking CEL... I'm Dumb Founded...

Tonight my friend showed up at the local Euro GTG with her 96 Ebony. Apparently she had a couple seals re-done and vacumm lines replaced. But now shes throwing codes. Apparently the o2 sensors and EGR code. Now, the other issue is, dis-connecting the battery doesn't doesn't clear the codes. So now I'm dumdfounded and don't know. I was going to try putting my stock MAF in and see if that helps the low idle. But as for the O2 sensors and BLINKING CEL I'm lost.

Thanks in advance guys.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
go to autozone....they have the OBDII tool and can clear the codes with it if you ask. It's a free service provided by all autozone's...Be courteous though.

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
go to autozone....they have the OBDII tool and can clear the codes with it if you ask. It's a free service provided by all autozone's...Be courteous though.
She told me they hooked up an OBD2 Tool and it would pull up that there are 2 codes but wouldn't say what they are.

Since its not my car I don't know how much truth is in what she told me or what she was told by the mechanic.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
I worked there for 2 1/2 years... It'll pull the codes and say what they are...If for some reason it doesnt say what they are, the autozone employee should have been smart enough to write them down in a slip of paper and cross reference them in the computer thats in the store and it should have said what it is.

Also, there's a n33t little button on the obdII tool that says 'erase' , this will erase any codes stored, but if its a problem that the computer detects immediately, it will come back on after starting the vehicle.

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 09-27-2006, 10:59 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

I'll have to talk to her and work something out. Just frustating I keep telling her to join the network and come to me with any questions or you guys. But she insists on going to a mechanic who never even turned a wrench on this car before he did hers.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
sounds like a nasty vaccum leak. Maybe they left a line off or cracked off one of the solenoids under the manifold. THe codes may be related to this but not sure. A low jump idle will be an effect of a leak

Tom
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 AM
#1 6MT In Cali

I found a crank case vent hose disconnected. It stableized the idle but was still super low.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-28-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
I have 2 friends who used to work at Autozone, and htey both say that they can check the codes for you, but cannot clear them because of liability issues. If they chekc the code, and hten clear it, and something happens to your car because of that, then they get in trouble.