Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 08-31-2006, 02:55 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Mind mapping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
Joe first I think there Are 3 maps, may be 4, in the TCU. Normal. Power and the one used be the Cruise Control. As our Aussie model does not use the Economy switch, this may be the same map as the cruise map. If it is not, then there are 4 maps.

The other is if you switch the white wire to 5V to hold the Power map, it will also hold the ECU at full throttle signal all the time. You would have to isolate the 5V signal from the ECU, and only allow it to the TCU.

Harvey.
Hi Harvey,

I am not so sure you are correct in this, but I think I see what you mean.

What I said was there are only two shift maps in the software, Normal and Power. These two maps determine when the upchanges and downchanges happen depending on a number of inputs, and relating to the demand from the driver.

In the case of the cruise control, this controls the gearbox by the application of a voltage from the cruise control computer to B66 pin 3. When cruise is ON, this voltage is <1 volt. When OFF, it is variable from 6 to 10.[interesting that it is over 5 v, the range which reads the TPS, is it not?]

What Econ does is deny the use of the Power shift map, so I'm saying it is not a shift map in itself, just a blocking circuitry.

Likewise with the cruise control. It does not redetermine shift points. It merely sets parameters for steady speed driving conditions, and for over-ride of these conditions, but using the Normal shift control map. It may also deny access to the Power shift map, that would seem to make sense too, but I'm only guessing on that.

Spot on agreement on your last point. The variable feed voltage on the white wire has to be fed at all times to the ECU. The divert we make is only to the TCU feed, B67 pin 8. We feed it variable voltage for "on demand" Power mode availability, and steady 5 v for full-time Power mode. The ECU will not be affected, it will be reading the throttle position requirement through the white wire variable voltage feed on B60 pin 2.

Joe

PS Strange you Aussies did not get the Econ switch. The wiring for it is shown on the diagram you sent me!
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 08-31-2006 at 02:59 AM.