Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Its a Classic!

Im so excited...engine and PWR

Well I just thought I share my new project with you guys. Its nothing special but Its the hardest thing ive done as of yet. I just bought a low mile EG33
~54k from svxpert (very helpful and straightfoward guy). It was sitting for a while so i figure im going to replace all the seals for good measure. So far I have the valve cover seals and rear main complete.

Pics.
Engine all shiny pic 1

Valve covers offmmm cams

Rear main:http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...n050/36043.jpg

Oh and my PWR radiator nice peice

I had ordered a new radiator from subaru but after shipping this turned out to be a much better deal
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.

Last edited by jman050; 05-27-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Cool!
Hope all goes well for you!
by the way, I would make the picture a size smaller, I can see the pancakes really really well. lol
have fun!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Its a Classic!

thanks. I wish i knew how to shrink pics. Pancakes
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

That's a beautiful engine! Damn!!!!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 AM

Classic SVX
Awesome work! I wish that my engine looked as good as that.
For a smaller pic, you can change the resolution on your camera or use software like http://picasa..com/
It's free and has a resizing feature under the export option. And, there are a lot of other pretty cool features that you can play around with. It's even got a tutorial that you can look at before you download.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
ms paint has a resize option too
Old 05-28-2006, 11:30 AM

Sorry for hijacking your thread and going off topic jman, but after looking at the pic of your radiator, I was reminded of a question I've been meaning to ask. My cousin is a car salesman for Honda. One day last winter, we were driving to a basketball game about 30 miles away. About 25 miles into our trip, I looked at his temp gauge and it wasnt fully warmed up. Actually, the engine never fully warmed up for the entire 40 minute trip. Does a good radiator do that? Or does honda know something about engine cooling that other car companies dont? We were in a 2004 honda accord.

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 05-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Its a Classic!

from what ive heard its actually a problem if the engine never fully warms up because it will cause more friction. Im sure someone knows more than me though.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:48 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fait_svx
Sorry for hijacking your thread and going off topic jman, but after looking at the pic of your radiator, I was reminded of a question I've been meaning to ask. My cousin is a car salesman for Honda. One day last winter, we were driving to a basketball game about 30 miles away. About 25 miles into our trip, I looked at his temp gauge and it wasnt fully warmed up. Actually, the engine never fully warmed up for the entire 40 minute trip. Does a good radiator do that? Or does honda know something about engine cooling that other car companies dont? We were in a 2004 honda accord.
Sounds like no thermostat or thermostat was stuck open (or extremely cold weather?).

With a properly working thermostat (opening and closing as needed), even an oversized radiator shouldn't keep an engine from coming up to operating temperature.

Dan