How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-08-2002, 10:23 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Exclamation I am convinced . . .

. . . after looking at the Reading Iii pix (well done, for the most part) that what we need for Lafayette, is a chase car (or lead car) whose driver knows the route and can set up in advance to get the best pictures (from outside of the car) at several key locations.

The pictures of Reading, and the other events that I've had the pleasure to view, are priceless, but could have been much better if some foresight were used.

So here's the deal. I've got a Sony DSC-F505V, which takes great pictures (in spite of me) and will gladly take as many parking lot/static pictures as I can. But my wife won't be willing to drive the SVX alone while I jump out ahead in another car to take road pix. We need somebody with another camera who is willing to set up that way in some kind of alternative transportation (we don't want to remove a good SVX from the line-up).

It would be nice too, to have a good backdrop (anyone from Lafayette know of a good place?) where we could set up cars and individually take pictures which we could then set a banner/icon over (suitable for framing).

I am getting so stoked!

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Green1995SVX

I agree. I am somewhat of a photography/videography nut. I just spent an hour over at sony looking at digital camcorders. I have been in the process of rigging up some exterior mounts on my car for cameras etc too. At reading this year, I had a friend from my cavalier club come and video our drive there, and make some video at the reading meet. Ive seen some of it. It came out well. (stay tuned for full video) I know colin (sith) has some plans for a video from the indiana meet as well. I hope to have some better equipment by then. If you would like to see some very well done cav video/pictures, check out www.dvinsight.com That is what I've always tried to work off of. Unfortunatly, Im not in the financial position to buy a $1500 digital camera

-Mike
Old 04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I agree. I am somewhat of a photography/videography nut. I just spent an hour over at sony looking at digital camcorders. I have been in the process of rigging up some exterior mounts on my car for cameras etc too. At reading this year, I had a friend from my cavalier club come and video our drive there, and make some video at the reading meet. Ive seen some of it. It came out well. (stay tuned for full video) I know colin (sith) has some plans for a video from the indiana meet as well. I hope to have some better equipment by then. If you would like to see some very well done cav video/pictures, check out www.dvinsight.com That is what I've always tried to work off of. Unfortunatly, Im not in the financial position to buy a $1500 digital camera

-Mike
Yes. Car guys. Gotta love 'em.

The Yellow M3 is a nice pic. The NSX is good. I'm rather less impressed with the rest of the pictures on their site. Cutting off the back of the blue BMW was intolerable! I like to get unusual angles when I can, but I think it's important to let the car speak for itself.

Not that I'm a better photographer than them. I have to click off a lot of pics before I get one I really like.
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Green1995SVX

That is a blue audi.

-Mike
Old 04-08-2002, 01:12 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
That is a blue audi.

-Mike
Oh. Heheh. I disliked it so much I didn't even open it to full size.
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:

-Mike
Mike,
I'll be bringing my low res Sony digi-cam, my pocket-size JVC mini-DV videocam and my old school Minolta 35mm SLR. I'd like to talk to you about taking the mini-DV footage and getting it to the computer.

Todd
Old 04-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Mike,
I'll be bringing my low res Sony digi-cam, my pocket-size JVC mini-DV videocam and my old school Minolta 35mm SLR. I'd like to talk to you about taking the mini-DV footage and getting it to the computer.

Todd
I have a powerbook G4 with a DV port right on the back. If you want to get the footage in comp form while at the meet, we can plug your cam in and download it to a CD or whatever.

-Mike
Old 04-08-2002, 06:14 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
Have a sony dsc-s70 planning on bringing it and a 35mm slr too, along with my notebook...i think between all of us we can "manage" something

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 04-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:

-Mike
How come you've gotta mention your Cavalier in every post??
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Green1995SVX

On the cavalier board it's "how come you have to mention your svx in every post?"

-Mike
Old 04-08-2002, 08:28 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I don't mind being the pace/chase car. I do need to go and look at the place though... Fun is building up...
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile

It's funny - While I was riding shotgun in Rufus's car during Reading Iii, Rufus (Mike) said he'd sometimes thought about claiming his Jeep Wrangler as an SVXminiSUV (they DO have funny windows) and use it for a camera car to cover our meets. Maybe we should allow Mike to tow the Jeep to Lafayette. Just a thought.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:47 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
It's funny - While I was riding shotgun in Rufus's car during Reading Iii, Rufus (Mike) said he'd sometimes thought about claiming his Jeep Wrangler as an SVXminiSUV (they DO have funny windows) and use it for a camera car to cover our meets. Maybe we should allow Mike to tow the Jeep to Lafayette. Just a thought.
Ron.
Deuuude!

I forgot to mention. I'll also be bringing the SLR and several rolls of film - but it's so hard to transfer that to the computer (the only place I ever look at pictures anymore).

By the by. My wife has WinME, which has a pretty nice Photo screen-saver. If you happen to be running 98SE, like me, a similar (and free) S-S can be had from ZDNET Downloads. Look for gPhotoShow.
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>