How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 09:51 AM

SVX going into storage

Well, first and formost, Happy Holidays to all you the memebers of the SVX Network. On the 23rd of this month I purchased my new car. I bought a Volvo S60 Type R. A 5 cylindar that has 300 H.P. with AWD. It was toss up between that and a the new Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT LTD. Why I picked the Volvo is because I like the exterior design more than the Legacy and the S60 has more power 300 vs 250 H.P. So now my dilemma, I have 2 cars that I can not use at the same time. I love my SVX, and could not ever think of selling my SVX. I am intending to just drive my SVX in the summer. My SVX is still reliable car, but I wanted to preserve my SVX and just drive occasionally. I am going to jack up my SVX on all fours with jack stands, so there is no pressure on the tires when it is not in use. I am still going to be around the SVX network, not leaving, you guys have been helpful with tips and advice about the SVX, I.E: WRX radio install, Bosch Platinum plus 4 Spark PLugs, Transmission Cooler & Filter etc.... But here is a picture of my new car, I found on the internet of what my new car looks like, same color. P.S. my new Volvo S60 has the same coefficient drag as the SVX, .29!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volvo s60_2.jpg (413.9 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by awdsvx; 12-25-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Wow! Amazing car. I'm actually considering getting one as well in the coming years as a second sports cars. Who knows though...the 2006 EVOs and STIs are coming out within another year.

Love the color!

-Chike

P.S. Merry Xmas.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-25-2004, 03:31 PM

Thanks Chiketkd,

I am glad you like my car. I am happy with it so far, the 4 days that I have owned it. I was not sure what type of reaction I was going to get when I stated I bought a Volvo. I kind of felt guilty a little for not buying a Subaru. Well, between me and my wife, we both still love Subaru's, my wife drives a 2000 Legacy Outback LTD. I would of gotten the 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT LTD. if only Subaru offered a NAV system and the 275 H.P. that the Japanese version has. But I test drove the Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT, and was really impressed with the acceleration. Subaru better get the 275 HP over here, because Mazda is planning to have a Mazda 6 with like 274 HP with AWD as well and about the same price range as the new Legacy. Even though I drive a Volvo, I still have respect for Subaru's.

Last edited by awdsvx; 12-25-2004 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

You're welcome awdsvx.

Let me know how the S60R handles the high speeds on the autobahn. Btw, how does your SVX do at 140+mph????

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
I've heard that the seats in that car are awesome. I like that car alot too. I agree that it looks better than the new Legacy GT.

About your SVX...I've read on this forum and some others that Bosch plugs don't work too well with Subaru. I'm pretty sure that you're going to want to stick with NGK plugs. They're just as good, if not better. Maybe search this and other subaru sites for plug info and see what you can find.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-26-2004, 12:16 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Perhaps you should consider suping up your volvo with parts of these .

Think of it as Volvo's Nismo or STi would be more appropriate.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:14 PM

Smile

Thanks SVX10 & Weebitob,

I am actually looking into NGK or Denso Iridium spark plugs for my Volvo. The seats in my new car are very comfortable, hugs you like a glove with heat. Something the U.S. version of the SVX should of had as an option. The link you gave me Weebitob is very cool thanks. I have been looking for a link like this for my Volvo. How do you know of this site, do you own a Volvo as well?? Rergardless, very cool link! Thanks again
Old 12-26-2004, 07:26 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Someone posted a link to this site on a topic on Automotive Forums about how people don't think about Volvos as performance vehicles when in fact they can be made into real tire peelers (figure of speech). It was under the Racing forum under a sub-forum called those unmentionable when put together two words.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
Perhaps you should consider suping up your volvo with parts of these .

Think of it as Volvo's Nismo or STi would be more appropriate.
Elvis is also a Volvo nut - got to www.ipdusa.com
Old 12-27-2004, 04:41 PM

Thanks Elvis

Yea I found that site already, the first night I got my new car. I could not wait to see what was out there. IPDUSA also sells Subaru Parts as well, Not sure if they can beat 1stsubaruparts.com prices or not. I looked around their site and it looks like they cater to every other Subaru but our SVX. So if you have another Subaru in the family like I do, looks like a good place to shop. They hold an annual garage sale for their customers to buy parts at discount prices, very cool! They are located in Portland, Oregon. Thanks anyway. You guys are great! I just want to state again, I am not leaving the SVX Network. I have a brand new passenger rear quarter panel I bought for my SVX. I am going to eventually have it welded on and painted. It is just sitting in my basement so the outside elements won't get to it if I would of placed it in my garage.

Last edited by awdsvx; 12-27-2004 at 04:53 PM.