Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
leviathan

Installation problems...

Well after two months I finally got a transmission. But the dealership that my car has been sitting at this whole time told me they will not put this one in, because they will have to open it up to put in new stub shafts, and they are saying that will make the warranty void, but it won't I talked to the wrecking yard. So I am looking for other places to do it. I have gotten some people asking around for me, but I thought I would see if you guys had any suggestions. Something around the SLC area would be nice.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Which Dealer?

I have had some luck down at Mark Miller. I also have some major tranny work coming for both of my cars. I had thought about taking the core of the pearlie to Tanner (make sure you keep the paper work) Transmissions for a rebuild. They are local and have a half way decent work record (just not too customer friendly from what I've heard). I also need an engine... (for the pearlie... ) Anyone around here hears anything I would be a happy camper!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-21-2004, 12:51 PM
leviathan

Mark Miller

The dealership is Mark Miller Subaru. Our family has bought 4 cars from them and they have always treated us pretty well. But they are saying that they cannot open up the tranny. and in order for them to put it in they have to open it up (no stub shafts). I got my transmission from Duane's Auto Wrecking in Orem. They have a database for the whole country, and they found it in Oregon and had it shipped down here for me. You might want to try them for your engine.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:48 AM
tancred

Re: Which Dealer?

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I have had some luck down at Mark Miller. I also have some major tranny work coming for both of my cars. I had thought about taking the core of the pearlie to Tanner (make sure you keep the paper work) Transmissions for a rebuild. They are local and have a half way decent work record (just not too customer friendly from what I've heard). I also need an engine... (for the pearlie... ) Anyone around here hears anything I would be a happy camper!!
Japanese Auto Wrecking in Lehi has a SVX motor...
Old 03-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Which Dealer?

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred

Japanese Auto Wrecking in Lehi has a SVX motor...
I'll give them a call in the morning!! Thanks
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: