Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Zap

WCSS6 details and stuff.

Ken and I will be taking a trip to Hood River to talk out the details with the Fairgrounds people this coming weekend.
Please speak up with questions you'd like us to present. Any suggestions? Anything you'd like to see happen? ie: stereo competition, beer tasting, etc. . .?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Hey Eric thanks for the update and asking.

There might be a couple in our group that would be interested in a stereo competition, depending who among us attends.

And I'm sure a beer tasting would go over big with a few I know.

Only question I can think of so far is how the camping facilities are. If you guys could scope out the area and report back that would be great. Check how they will handle camping reservations for this event, etc.

See, our group does a camping trip once a year and I'm thinking I might combine the WCSS with that this year.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 03-09-2004, 01:22 PM

how 'bout camping alternatives, for the outdoor-challenged? might the fairgrounds people have a list of nearby lodging that you could get?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Zap

Quote:
how 'bout camping alternatives, for the outdoor-challenged? might the fairgrounds people have a list of nearby lodging that you could get?
We're working with the Chamber of Commerce so we can get a possible dicount on hotels. There are some nearby.

Quote:
Only question I can think of so far is how the camping facilities are. If you guys could scope out the area and report back that would be great. Check how they will handle camping reservations for this event, etc.
I don't think we'll need reservations, but will definitely know after we meet. As far as I know, there is space for 200+ people to camp. Although I think campfires may not be allowed, I believe there are barbies on site. Will know that too.

EZ
Old 03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
So you thinking that the camping will probably just be a big open field that the event attendees can use? Will there be costs for each individual to camp? I'm sure you are already gonna ask all these questions anyway. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Zap

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
So you thinking that the camping will probably just be a big open field that the event attendees can use? Will there be costs for each individual to camp? I'm sure you are already gonna ask all these questions anyway. Thanks!
Big open field, maybe.

I hesitate to say what the cost will be, but it will be reletively inexpensive. We have several major sponsors who will be making contributions so that the cost will be less for attendees.

Let's just say less than 20 bucks per person should include camping, show entrance, and 2 to 3 meals.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Zap

Big open field, maybe.

I hesitate to say what the cost will be, but it will be reletively inexpensive. We have several major sponsors who will be making contributions so that the cost will be less for attendees.

Let's just say less than 20 bucks per person should include camping, show entrance, and 2 to 3 meals.
Really? Wow, sounds good!