Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot king
Sounds like you got everything ya need SubaFreak. So as the zombies say "JOIN US".

I thought the zombies say "fresh brains"? Anyway I don't have anything yet unless we are gona use 1976 Crossman 760's with sawed off barrels. It does have a scope thoe.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:22 PM
ww111

That's it, a timed shoot for accuracy. the Walther is a CO2 gun with an 8 shot clip and a reasonable trigger. I'm going to try 1 shot to start the clock, 6 targets to knock down and a shot to stop the clock

Targets will be (about) 1.5" and shot at (about) 15 feet. Miss one and you'll have to reload "on the clock". We'll shoot a series of 10 or 12 rounds and throw out the highest time. If there is an tie in average time, the lowest single time wins, then second lowest and so on. I'm working on a cheap timer and targets now. Everyone seems to like the CP-99 Sport for around $75. We've got 3 to 5 people who are "in". Write me at ww111@yahoo.com. The site will be actionairgun.com.

I've been shooting a CP-99 in my garage for 2 years and haven't broken anything yet. (or put my eye out) the CP-99 Sport is about 30 fps slower.

T-shirts and bumperstickers to follow

Collins
HELP IS WAY APPRECIATED.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Shot king

Shall we order our guns now? Has anyone else yet?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:18 AM
ww111

I've got a regular CP-99 already. I'm building the shot timer this afternoon. and I'll test it and post the results tonight. I'd say get the gun and we'll go from there.

Like I said before, we'll start slow, then move into reloading and changing CO2 mags on the clock. Just the gun will get you by untill March.

Collins
Old 11-04-2003, 06:45 PM
ww111

Thumbs up

It worked ONCE... what a bear. building a precision device that's designed to be shot to activate is tough... Anyway. Timer on, 5 targets and timer off in 4.38 seconds. 1.5 inch targets at 9 feet and a red-dot sight (I WAS TESTING!)

I'll work on the reliability tomorrow this is going to be fun.

Splatter (collins)
Old 11-05-2003, 12:33 AM
alacrity024

nice work! i'm still tryin gto scrape the extra cash off my floor.. hopefully i'll have it soon.. what's the cheapest place to buy a cp99? am i going to need to build a timer unit myself or can you walk me through it? do you know of a good indoor range? iet's have the first ever SVX/action air gun league meet!

-adam
Old 11-05-2003, 04:01 AM
ww111

I'm shooting in my garage, and basement. I'll have pictures of the set-up posted soon. I'm actually shooting in the direction of the windows and have not broken anything (yet) on the steel 1.5" targets the pellets will come back at you, but not fast enough to make it through a piece of paper.

As far as the timer. I'm trying to make it simple, cheap, and reliable... Often a difficult combination. Consider it in work
Collins

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: