Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 08-08-2001, 05:29 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Thumbs up Greetings

Hello all you fellow SVX owners that live in the Northeast! I have been an SVX owner for the past year, since August 2000. When I bought my 92 Ls-L, pearl white, it had a mere 90K miles. Now it has 120K. Well I guess I just like to dive the car alot. Of course being 63 miles away from work has something to do with it too.

It is a great highway car. Very quiet and smooth and not meant to be driven under 60 mph. I have fixed and replaced several parts on the car and I enjoy doing the work. It is a well built and maintainable auto.

I had no idea when I bought the car that it came with a really great club! Just one of the benefits.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:11 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Greetings

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
Hello all you fellow SVX owners that live in the Northeast! I have been an SVX owner for the past year, since August 2000. When I bought my 92 Ls-L, pearl white, it had a mere 90K miles. Now it has 120K. Well I guess I just like to dive the car alot. Of course being 63 miles away from work has something to do with it too.

It is a great highway car. Very quiet and smooth and not meant to be driven under 60 mph. I have fixed and replaced several parts on the car and I enjoy doing the work. It is a well built and maintainable auto.

I had no idea when I bought the car that it came with a really great club! Just one of the benefits.
Welcome, "commuter." Interesting how our SVX-periences kinda parallel. I bought my SVX in AUG 99. Pearl White, 109K -- now has 160K, live 40 miles from work. I'll be celebrating my 2nd anniversary of owning the car on the 23rd of this month and my 46th birthday on the 30th.

I'm happy you found us. Hang around. This place is kinda like "Wayne's World." "You'll laugh . . . you'll cry . . . you'll hurl!" Again, welcome.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-09-2001, 08:59 AM

Hi RJ,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I am glad to be here. We met at the reading meet last spring but I had no idea then that you drove your SVX alot also. Looking forward to a Vermont meet and hope it comes together.

Last edited by svx_commuter; 08-12-2001 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:34 AM
oneothefewproud

Wayne's World

Randy,

Thanx for the reference to MY world. It is a great place to be specially being ME.

Commuter. welcome. and guys. I drive 135 miles a day round trip in my SVX. Damn i luv to drive her. I know I know "Family channel". Keep my mind out of the gutter please.

Caio guys
Wayne
Old 08-09-2001, 12:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Hi RJ,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I am glad to be here. We met at the reading meet last spring but I had no idea then that you drove your SVX alot also. Looking forward to a Vermont meet and hope it comes togeather.
Hmmmm -- dad blame it! My poor warped brain is failing me. Did you and your wife sit across from me at the Amish place at lunch? You know, the one with no "bah" for Larryiii?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-10-2001, 03:26 PM

RJ,
Yes that was us. That was a pretty good day I think.

You probably didn't know that I had recently installed a transmission thermometer in my car the weekend before the meet. The temperature climbed to over 230F during the hard driving and it wasn't even that hot out! I think it was in the 60's.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:12 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
RJ,
Yes that was us. That was a pretty good day I think.

You probably didn't know that I had recently installed a transmission thermometer in my car the weekend before the meet. The temperature climbed to over 230F during the hard driving and it wasn't even that hot out! I think it was in the 60's.
Ah, my memory isn't as think as I bad it was. Yes, that was an excellent day. I enjoyed it immensely.

As far as the tranny temp gauge is concerned, I won't install one. I'm paranoid enough as it is.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-12-2001, 12:08 AM

Re: Wayne's World

Quote:
Originally posted by oneothefewproud
Randy,

Thanx for the reference to MY world. It is a great place to be specially being ME.

Commuter. welcome. and guys. I drive 135 miles a day round trip in my SVX. Damn i luv to drive her. I know I know "Family channel". Keep my mind out of the gutter please.

Caio guys
Wayne
Hay! You have me beat! That is 12 miles more than I drive in a day.

When I first got my car, I would wake up at 3:30 am just to drive to work! Oh yes an empty road is very exciting.
Old 08-12-2001, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Ah, my memory isn't as think as I bad it was. Yes, that was an excellent day. I enjoyed it immensely.

As far as the tranny temp gauge is concerned, I won't install one. I'm paranoid enough as it is.
I could not drive without a tranny temperature gauge. I have to know what it is doing. Yes it makes me paranoid!

I installed a 16,000 pound tranny cooler back in the spring and I thought, Oh boy this great! I bypassed the radiator and the temperatures looked great! It was great until it got HOT out! The temperature got hot way to fast. Not enough of a heat sink. Then I moved the cooler to in front of the ac condensor on the driver side. This where the engine coolant flows out of the radiator. I hooked the radiator back up in series after the cooler. I also reversed the flow through the radiator.

This seems to be working well. Cleaning the road dirt out of the radiator probably helped also. On the highway? no problem. With 100F air it runs around 180F. What I find amazing is that there on a short steep hill I go up everyday, the temperature rises AFTER the top of the hill. It is about a half mile long. Conclusion? Change the fluid often or hopefully a transmission modification (valve body) will fix it. Hay! You had that done on your car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: