How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
You could go back to a stock front bumper and rear spoiler and improve the appearance of your car immensely.

Lee
I agree
Old 12-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hmm... I dont know, Id try to stay away from humongous gaping holes and go with something a little more....hmm... Less squareish and more...contoury? Hard to explain. I never was much of a fan of the bug eye thingies either, theres just no squares on the SVX's body lines that justifies putting them in the bumper.
Best of luck on choosing a design. I mean...If I personally dont like it...your like a thousand miles away, so who cares? lol
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Hmm... I dont know, Id try to stay away from humongous gaping holes and go with something a little more....hmm... Less squareish and more...contoury? Hard to explain. I never was much of a fan of the bug eye thingies either, theres just no squares on the SVX's body lines that justifies putting them in the bumper.
Best of luck on choosing a design. I mean...If I personally dont like it...your like a thousand miles away, so who cares? lol
I might make a trip to Tuckerton, NJ next summer just to kick your @$$ for saying that

J/K

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Nik i really understand what you mean by this photo you provided, but believe me the clearance can never exceed the limit I reached. As for the projectors, one can fit any other design, I chose the 2002 WRX design, I was planning to fill the holes up

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Nik i really understand what you mean by this photo you provided, but believe me the clearance can never exceed the limit I reached. As for the projectors, one can fit any other design, I chose the 2002 WRX design, I was planning to fill the holes up
I guess the clearance can't be helped, but man, those fog place holders are really big.

I had a thought eariler today you could make a small scale SVX out of fiberglass or clay and make a few little bumpers to see what thse ideas would look like.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I guess the clearance can't be helped, but man, those fog place holders are really big.

I had a thought eariler today you could make a small scale SVX out of fiberglass or clay and make a few little bumpers to see what thse ideas would look like.
Hmmm, small scale model I guess photoshoping would be much easier. JJ can help us out with it, he's really good

Old 12-17-2005, 12:16 AM
SlonSVX5mt

Cool Check this out

Silver if you want a some ideas go here!

i think this is the hottest svx i have ever seen!
if this one was on ebay for 8 grand i'd rather get this one then the wide body one on ebay lol.
Highlight this and paste it in search bar!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN
Old 12-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
An idea ive been playing with, is to take the shape thats already there, and extending the all the faces and exaggerate all the curves. keep the same look of the front end. I like how it looks, just maby add a bit more of an agresive look to it
Old 12-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlonSVX5mt
Silver if you want a some ideas go here!

i think this is the hottest svx i have ever seen!
if this one was on ebay for 8 grand i'd rather get this one then the wide body one on ebay lol.
Highlight this and paste it in search bar!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN
Naaaaaaaa Mine is BettAr

Old 12-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCsvx_Lantern
An idea ive been playing with, is to take the shape thats already there, and extending the all the faces and exaggerate all the curves. keep the same look of the front end. I like how it looks, just maby add a bit more of an agresive look to it
Photoshop it if you can and give me an idea

Old 12-17-2005, 09:15 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
I think the bumper you have now is great, and wouldn't modify it at all if that's the look you want. So if you want to change things, I try something completely different.

The front of a Nissan S13 Silvia is very similar to that of the SVX. The car also has a HUGE aftermarket. You might want to check out some of the bumpers available for them, and they look like they'd be pretty easy to modify for SVX fitment.

Here's a quick example:

The S13 is getting old, but so is the SVX. I personally like the "old school" look, but you may want something newer...

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 12-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Interesting look, but as you said this look reminds me of the old 1985 BMW's 3 series Alpina. Now I am in between the K-Staff or refixing my current one. Maybe I will just add the K-staff lip for the time being on my stock bumper and then redo my front bumper with some modifications when I will have time...

Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Im workin with NikFu S, front idea, give me time, its realy hard with such a crappy photo (no offence) its just not focued or sharp so working with it is much harder, im gonna say now its not the perdyest enhancemat i have done........to be continued

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 12-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I know it's a crappy photo from a crappy camera...
anyway thanks.... for the photoshop you are doing, i mean